Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
She learned to fly in this new movie. She was flying when she was fighting doomsday in batman vs superman which takes place after 1984. I just wanna know why she never used her invisibility powers in Batman vs Superman or justice league. That made no sense

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Season 1 or 2?
he probably just thinks it's bad because of fan service only.

probably was like look luke skywalker, thats bad writing! :damn:

not quite how it works. also fan service isn't inherently bad, there is such a thing a good fan service and bad fan service. I don't remember any glaring plot holes in the Mandalorian.

People overuse the term "fan service" anytime there is cameo. by that logic everytime another hero shows up in the mcu movie of somebody else that would be fan service, but then if the avengers don't show up, you have people claiming its a plothole that america is under attack why is just spiderman fighting, avengers taking vacation?:mjlol:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So can WW fly or not?
I asked this like 10 pages ago and still don't know :francis:

The era they pulled this from is 40s-80s WW comic where she technically flew by “gliding”

More like the gargoyles cartoon where they needed to be high up to fly so they sometimes had to climb to get altitude instead of Superman just flying.

The invisible jet was so iconic at the time it was never consistent

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Patty Jenkins airing Warner Brothers out now. lol

Patty Jenkins Details ‘Internal War’ with Warner Bros. Over ‘Wonder Woman’: ‘There Was Such Mistrust'
Patty Jenkins Details ‘Internal War’ with Warner Bros. Over ‘Wonder Woman’: ‘There Was Such Mistrust’
Zack Sharf
January 4, 2021, 10:45 am

Patty Jenkins has been honest in recent “Wonder Woman 1984” interviews about what it’s like to clash with a Hollywood studio over a comic book tentpole. The director has detailed battles against Warner Bros. over the original ending to “Wonder Woman” and over the double opening of “Wonder Woman 1984,” but Jenkins was at her most candid during her appearance on Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast (via The Playlist). In reflecting on the development of 2017’s “Wonder Woman,” Jenkins described an “internal war” at Warner Bros., where the studio was apparently less interested in her ideas than in the symbol of a woman director helming a female-fronted superhero movie.

“They wanted to hire me like a beard; they wanted me to walk around on set as a woman, but it was their story and their vision,” Jenkins said. “And my ideas? They didn’t even want to read my script. There was such mistrust of a different way of doing things and a different point of view.”
Jenkins continued, “Even when I first joined ‘Wonder Woman’ it was like, ‘Uhh, yeah, OK, but let’s do it this other way.’ But I was like, ‘Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off… I’m a ‘Wonder Woman’ fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.’ Still, I could feel that shaky nervousness [on their part] of my point of view.”

The director added, “They were nervous that it wasn’t viable… They were all freaked out by all the female superhero films that had failed, the smaller ones that had failed, and also Christopher Nolan was making the ‘Dark Knight‘ thing, so I think they were just trying to figure out what they were doing with DC at that time.”

Conversations between Jenkins and Warner Bros. about developing “Wonder Woman” started in 2004, but it wasn’t until 2007 that the studio asked her to direct. Jenkins was pregnant at the time and turned the studio down, only to come back on board in 2011. Jenkins would exit the film over creative differences, jumping over to Marvel for “Thor 2” and leaving the door open for Warner Bros. to hire Michelle MacLaren for “Wonder Woman.” Additional creative differences killed both of those projects, which is when Warner Bros. decided to bring Jenkins back and let her make the “Wonder Woman” film she envisioned.

“During that period of time, there were so many scripts, I could see the writing on the wall,” Jenkins said about the years-long development of “Wonder Woman,” noting that at least 30 different screenplays were written and considered over the years. “This was an internal war on every level about what ‘Wonder Woman’ should be.”

“Wonder Woman” went on to become a cultural phenomenon in summer 2017 and launched a studio-defining franchise for Warner Bros. Jenkins’ “Wonder Woman 1984” is now playing in theaters and streaming on HBO Max, and news has already broke that she’ll be back to helm “Wonder Woman 3.”

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Patty Jenkins Details ‘Internal War’ with Warner Bros. Over ‘Wonder Woman’: ‘There Was Such Mistrust'
Patty Jenkins Details ‘Internal War’ with Warner Bros. Over ‘Wonder Woman’: ‘There Was Such Mistrust’
Zack Sharf

Patty Jenkins has been honest in recent “Wonder Woman 1984” interviews about what it’s like to clash with a Hollywood studio over a comic book tentpole. The director has detailed battles against Warner Bros. over the original ending to “Wonder Woman” and over the double opening of “Wonder Woman 1984,” but Jenkins was at her most candid during her appearance on Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast (via The Playlist). In reflecting on the development of 2017’s “Wonder Woman,” Jenkins described an “internal war” at Warner Bros., where the studio was apparently less interested in her ideas than in the symbol of a woman director helming a female-fronted superhero movie.

“They wanted to hire me like a beard; they wanted me to walk around on set as a woman, but it was their story and their vision,” Jenkins said. “And my ideas? They didn’t even want to read my script. There was such mistrust of a different way of doing things and a different point of view.”
Jenkins continued, “Even when I first joined ‘Wonder Woman’ it was like, ‘Uhh, yeah, OK, but let’s do it this other way.’ But I was like, ‘Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off… I’m a ‘Wonder Woman’ fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.’ Still, I could feel that shaky nervousness [on their part] of my point of view.”

The director added, “They were nervous that it wasn’t viable… They were all freaked out by all the female superhero films that had failed, the smaller ones that had failed, and also Christopher Nolan was making the ‘Dark Knight‘ thing, so I think they were just trying to figure out what they were doing with DC at that time.”

Conversations between Jenkins and Warner Bros. about developing “Wonder Woman” started in 2004, but it wasn’t until 2007 that the studio asked her to direct. Jenkins was pregnant at the time and turned the studio down, only to come back on board in 2011. Jenkins would exit the film over creative differences, jumping over to Marvel for “Thor 2” and leaving the door open for Warner Bros. to hire Michelle MacLaren for “Wonder Woman.” Additional creative differences killed both of those projects, which is when Warner Bros. decided to bring Jenkins back and let her make the “Wonder Woman” film she envisioned.

“During that period of time, there were so many scripts, I could see the writing on the wall,” Jenkins said about the years-long development of “Wonder Woman,” noting that at least 30 different screenplays were written and considered over the years. “This was an internal war on every level about what ‘Wonder Woman’ should be.”

“Wonder Woman” went on to become a cultural phenomenon in summer 2017 and launched a studio-defining franchise for Warner Bros. Jenkins’ “Wonder Woman 1984” is now playing in theaters and streaming on HBO Max, and news has already broke that she’ll be back to helm “Wonder Woman 3.”

But I was like, ‘Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off… I’m a ‘Wonder Woman’ fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.’

This is the part the fukked up her movie. She basically pulled this completely out of her ass. First of all superheroes movies are basically an amalgam of all the action movie genres, part martial arts flick, part car chase cops and robbers flick, part action thriller stunt film. people that are fans of these genres both men and women, like action.

Just to further drive home how crazy a statement like that is lets try with another franchise. I'm a fast and furious fan but i don't like it when they drive fast, thats not what fast and furious fans are looking for. Women don't want to see martial arts in a bruce lee movie, we are fans of his comedic timing not his fighting prowess. Sounds almost delusional

She clearly never saw any other Wonder Woman media. all the animated movies and even tv shows placed emphasis on her kicking ass. There are literal fighting games where her character is featured.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
But I was like, ‘Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off… I’m a ‘Wonder Woman’ fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.’

This is the part the fukked up her movie. She basically pulled this completely out of her ass. First of all superheroes movies are basically an amalgam of all the action movie genres, part martial arts flick, part car chase cops and robbers flick, part action thriller stunt film. people that are fans of these genres both men and women, like action.

Just to further drive home how crazy a statement like that is lets try with another franchise. I'm a fast and furious fan but i don't like it when they drive fast, thats not what fast and furious fans are looking for. Women don't want to see martial arts in a bruce lee movie, we are fans of his comedic timing not his fighting prowess. Sounds almost delusional

She clearly never saw any other Wonder Woman media. all the animated movies and even tv shows placed emphasis on her kicking ass. There are literal fighting games where her character is featured.
I don't necessarily disagree with her (brehs know my standing on Mos) but I do think it says a lot about the fact she just talks things out with Max Lord in the film while in the comics this happened.

wonder-woman-kills-maxwell-lord-3.jpg

wonder-woman-kills-maxwell-lord-4.jpg

And it explains why the film she had more creative freedom on ended up being so goddamn corny.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't necessarily disagree with her (brehs know my standing on Mos) but I do think it says a lot about the fact she just talks things out with Max Lord in the film while in the comics this happened.

And it explains why the film she had more creative freedom on ended up being so goddamn corny.
Yeah, I don't understand going public with these feelings now. The movie Warner execs butted in was the better movie. You are making you directorial choices look bad.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

tonality is one thing. dark, light serious, comical whatever, ultimately though you should never let an audience leave an action movie complaining that there wasn't enough action. Defeats the whole purpose of having superpowers.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
tonality is one thing. dark, light serious, comical whatever, ultimately though you should never let an audience leave an action movie complaining that there wasn't enough action. Defeats the whole purpose of having superpowers.
True but her comment seemed to be more about the tone. Remember the first WW was made when Snyder was given the keys to the DCU. His approach to MoS and BvS give a good enough idea who it was that wanted to see Wonder Woman "cutting people's heads off".

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
True but her comment seemed to be more about the tone. Remember the first WW was made when Snyder was given the keys to the DCU. His approach to MoS and BvS give a good enough idea who it was that wanted to see Wonder Woman "cutting people's heads off".
You need to have pretty good writing ability to make a movie full of violence not be dark, without making it campy looney toons. she removed most of the violence and it was campy anyway :dead:.

i think a good example of a light tone with plenty of action would be will smith movies like men in black and indepence day. but that was realistically carried by the charisma of will smith.(see how to version of those films without him were awful?) Gal Gadot does not have the acting ability or charisma to pull that off, she was better off as the more stoic badass. doesn't ask too much of her.

Edit: I remember the matrix was originally supposed to be a will smith movie. its a good thing they did Keanu more stoic, if they had tried to be light it with him it would've flopped hard.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Zack Sharf

WELL THEY LET YOU
DO YOUR OWN THING THIS TIME AROUND
AND IT SUCKED.

:devil:
:evil:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So can WW fly or not?

Not until this movie

She learned to fly in this new movie. She was flying when she was fighting doomsday in batman vs superman which takes place after 1984. I just wanna know why she never used her invisibility powers in Batman vs Superman or justice league. That made no sense

Na breh..... only Superman was flying..... she was fighting on the ground... at best all she did was leap and jump. But she never flew..... in that movie or Justice League.

This a brand new power

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Smh @ this mansplaning :mjgrin:

Honestly this dichotomy cuts to the heart of why Wonder Woman was never popular in the first place. She's a token, only locked in the female character HOF by being first. She in her original concept doesn't and has never appealed to girls.

Simply put girls dont like graphic displays of violence the same way boys do. :yeshrug: Thats why superhero comics was a boys thing while girls read novels. The character was created in a genre almost exclusively dedicated to violence. And her character along with the genre only got more graphic as time went on.

The greek mythology backdrop to her universe doesn't help at all. Girls aint into sword fights and nikkas getting beheaded. Thats why when they made the TV show they had make it campy and add the goofy shyt to her kit. Because the pageantry is what scores with women

There is a reason Sailor Moon was the most popular girl centered animated work. They knew their audience better.

The characters were written as down to earth teenagers instead of centruy old warrior gods. Relationships were the meat of the show instead of the lull between fights. The Sailor Scouts didnt throw hands, they did a series of graceful poses in a colorful transformation sequence to unviel a new outfit, then did another to do "magic" that killed monsters.

And the shyt worked. :manny: But SM was created and written by woman, not a character created by a man and written for boys that people pretend they were fukking with decades later.