datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I’m going to be honest the mall sequence and the Egypt were god awful. The mall scene was campy as hell and felt like Batman and Robin lvl of cheesiness. The editing was horrid in some scenes and Gal Gadot’s Wonder Women runs worse than Ezra Miller’s flash. In the long run the movie isn’t as trash as everyone is making it out be. It’s not good either... it’s kind of forgettable and there’s no scene in this movie that’s memorable as the trench and village scene in the first.

You had me with your first sentence :ehh:

But then you had to ruin it like this trash ass movie :beli:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
this movie is ass. easily the worst ive seen this year. It fails in almost every regard.

-shytty direction
-Tone was cheesy and almost 2000s era superhero movie
-stupid plot that doesnt take advantage of a fukking 80 year old superhero franchise set in a robust Superhero universe
-Mostly shytty Cheap TV style sets
-Meh performances. I personally think Gal is a bad actress and needs plot /characters to bounce off of. Wiig actually did a decent job even if it wasnt original. Pascal was lively but chewing scenery. Pine was the most charismatic actor.
-Nonsensical elements that are just so poorly done they cant be ignored

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Who wrote this movie?

Jenkins herself,
Geoff Johns (if you dont know who he is, well lets say its really confusing why this movie was so bad)
and David Callaham, a screen writer who mostly has experience for The Expendables series (and transferred none of that action experience into this movie :hhh:)

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Again. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH A FEMINIST ROLE IF ITS DONE RIGHT. What the fukk are u arguing with me about? The WOMAN who wrote it. Is not a writer. She’s a director. They got rid of the original writers of the first film. Which was a good film. Ur acting as if me saying it forces a narrative is the ONLY reason this movie is bad. No it isn’t. Ur right on that end. But it was ONE OF the reasons. The writer was afraid to make Diana too vulnerable which in turn hurt the script even FURTHER. I agree with u that agenda or not this film would’ve probably still been terrible. But u seem to not understand that this is also a problem. Agenda’s are being placed BEFORE the script. That’s the issue. Ripley is an iconic action character and also a feminist icon. So is Charlie Baltimore, and the list goes on. And it’s because they were treated as people over everything else. They had flaws, fears, challenges, failures, just like every other iconic action hero. Problem now. Is that in a lot of these movies with female leads the remove ALL of that. Which in return gimps the character development and imo doesn't accurately convey how STRONG women can really be. Charlie Baltimore got her ass beat to damn near the brink of death and her love for her daughter and her instilling that strength in her daughter actually gave her the will to survive. It was character development. Go watch a RECENT random action movie with a female lead. They are almost always perfect specimens who can literally do everything without struggle. I understand movies here and there like that. But too many are made like that and not only is it not believable it’s boring.

Thank you.

Ironically one of the best examples of pulling off a film featuring a all female lead cast in a agenda-y type of way stars Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids). They do it by writing Wiig's and McCarthys characters as basically male Judd Apatow main characters which works.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The concept of someone trying to manipulate the wishing stone and all the damage it could do, Diana being forced to choose between her one true love or her ability to protect the world, Barbara being jealous of someone like Diana, etc - there's a good movie in those concepts, it can be done.

The issue is this particular movie dropped the ball on all of them :hhh: each one was rushed, sloppy and patched together in a way that made little to no sense.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The concept of someone trying to manipulate the wishing stone and all the damage it could do, Diana being forced to choose between her one true love or her ability to protect the world, Barbara being jealous of someone like Diana, etc - there's a good movie in those concepts, it can be done.

The issue is this particular movie dropped the ball on all of them :hhh: each one was rushed, sloppy and patched together in a way that made little to no sense.
I agree, the theme and overall concept was actually cool. They were hitting on stuff you don't usually see in a super hero movie, the execution was just not good.

Capostatus

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In terms of the feminist angle, this actually came off to me as a sexist film that I think would be (rightfully) criticized if a man wrote it. So an intelligent, independent and highly accomplished woman with multiple doctorates who is also shown to be a Caring person believes herself to be a loser and worthless cos she doesn’t look quite as attractive as her supermodel colleague, and cos she wears glasses and can’t walk in heels. After her transformation she is happier cos she is now being openly objectified by men. Wow :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
In terms of the feminist angle, this actually came off to me as a sexist film that I think would be (rightfully) criticized if a man wrote it. So an intelligent, independent and highly accomplished woman with multiple doctorates who is also shown to be a Caring person believes herself to be a loser and worthless cos she doesn’t look quite as attractive as her supermodel colleague, and cos she wears glasses and can’t walk in heels. After her transformation she is happier cos she is now being openly objectified by men. Wow :mjlol:
Yes, this subplot would get killed by feminists if this was written/directed by a man. But because they can't blame men for this one they're going to act like it ain't there.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Jenkins herself,
Geoff Johns (if you dont know who he is, well lets say its really confusing why this movie was so bad)
and David Callaham, a screen writer who mostly has experience for The Expendables series (and transferred none of that action experience into this movie :hhh:)
I heard he writing spider-verse