manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
So yeah, I finished, and that shyt only got worse. This was a bad fukking movie. I was intrigued by the trailer, even though I didn't see what everybody else saw in the first one. The first wasn't bad though, but this most certainly was. Bad villains, terrible story, weird looking action scenes, clunky dialogue, weird tonal approach. Patty Jenkins made a goofy ass bad 90s superhero movie, with a bad 80's campiness shine to it.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The middle was really, really boring but the end was solid. Not a bad movie especially for free. I’d watch another sequel.

CGI was really bad and not enough action are my major complaints.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I fukk with this movie on the same level of the first. My only gripe is the lagging 2nd act. I like that this seems they really want to make these movies independent properties. This was a straight up Wonder Woman movie. No lead ins to a team up or looming villian; just a self contained story. Pedro Pascal kills it in damn near everything he's in, so his performance was expected. Liked having a somewhat grounded villain and also appreciated the resolution to the conflict being different than the usual shyt. Wiig was fine as Cheetah but nothing to write home about. She did a better job as Barbara.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
What was said in the movie is a plot hole?

Sure I'll bite

What did Barbara really sacrifice?

Previous posters detailed how flawed the storyline is as soon as you get to the white house. What exactly flows from that point of the story to you?

The ridiculous placement of the satellite cards which then deleted the one rule that they established that he has to physically touch the person to get the wish granted. Which leads to a ridiculous scene where people can just look at the camera and wishes are granted? What was the point of the first 2 hours then?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The ending wasn’t bad? The fukk? Did we watch the same movie? These muthafukkas pulled some bullshyt out of their ass and had everyone wish at the same time to renounce their wish. The very meaning of Deuce Ex Machina bullshyt.
Still don’t know why the white chic wished for anything. She just wore glasses and just needed to step her wardrobe game up and get her hair done, not walk through Central Park at night to work in the fukkin 80s, and she had a good job. White women are always playing victim. Jeopardize humanity bc you wear glasses brehette.
Pedro’s wig was bothering me from jump (even in the trailers it looked bad). That mall scene was trash and felt like a joke. So much pandering in this shyt it was ridiculous. I’m not even going to get into that but I saw that bullshyt and just know black folks did not have it that good in the 80s.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The ending wasn’t bad? The fukk? Did we watch the same movie? These muthafukkas pulled some bullshyt out of their ass and had everyone wish at the same time to renounce their wish. The very meaning of Deuce Ex Machina bullshyt.
Still don’t know why the white chic wished for anything. She just wore glasses and just needed to step her wardrobe game up and get her hair done, not walk through Central Park at night to work in the fukkin 80s, and she had a good job. White women are always playing victim. Jeopardize humanity bc you wear glasses brehette.
Pedro’s wig was bothering me from jump (even in the trailers it looked bad). That mall scene was trash and felt like a joke. So much pandering in this shyt it was ridiculous. I’m not even going to get into that but I saw that bullshyt and just know black folks did not have it that good in the 80s.

Yeah. That Black woman interviewed Minerva for her job? :mjlol: Homie had dreads in a multi-million dollar company? :mjlol: But I can't front. I like the fact that they weren't the cleaning lady and angry drug addict. So I'll take it.

True. The white chick's wish was some bullshyt anyway. Aside from super-strength, her wish, both of them, were crap.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah. That Black woman interviewed Minerva for her job? :mjlol: Homie had dreads in a multi-million dollar company? :mjlol: But I can't front. I like the fact that they weren't the cleaning lady and angry drug addict. So I'll take it.

True. The white chick's wish was some bullshyt anyway. Aside from super-strength, her wish, both of them, were crap.
Still had to have a bum brother trying to befriend and save the white woman though.
“Mind Ya Business” bum nikka- Barbara
I’m sure she said that last part under her breath especially in the 80s. Surprised she didn’t call the cops and say he did it and the black man attacked her.:martin:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Sure I'll bite

What did Barbara really sacrifice?

Herself?

Sacrifices weren't just physical stuff. Minerva had her own life and accomplishments even if she was crapped on.

Her initial wish was just to be someone else(Diana) and got her abilities but lacked her character (how each handled the rapist) which is what Diana was trying to tell her she's not what she thinks. The whole point of the opening defeat for kid Diana is that she can't have everything just because. Diana has had her own trial and tribulations.

Then Minerva tosses that away to become something not even human.

Previous posters detailed how flawed the storyline is as soon as you get to the white house. What exactly flows from that point of the story to you?

Diana learning to fly was her emotionally letting go of Steve as a physical being but him still being with her even if it's not in the way she wants. The can emotionally move on.

The armor is a made up of her ancestors so she goes back to get it to face Max. Knowing she might have to make the same sacrifice Artemesia did.

Again Max is falling apart and the stone's taking it's toll. Echoing back to the opening scene she reaches him by telling him and the world the same lesson.

The ridiculous placement of the satellite cards which then deleted the one rule that they established that he has to physically touch the person to get the wish granted. Which leads to a ridiculous scene where people can just look at the camera and wishes are granted? What was the point of the first 2 hours then?

Yeah. That's a cheat.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I can't remember but didn't Diana(has anyone called her wonder woman in these live action movies?) fly at the climax of the first WW?:dwillhuh:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
movie started out ok, amazing 2nd act, poor ending

i enjoyed being introduced to WW in the 80s. The 2nd act where max lord gets his hands on the crystal and starts to acquire geopolitical power was great. So was the action set pieces in Egypt

The 3rd act started out fast but kinda fizzled imo. Good stakes building with DC rioting, arms race between usa /russia, but..
cheetah just mentally going crazy and making diana her #1 enemy based off...jealousy? And that long awkward sequence of max lord yelling on tv... the kumbaya ending with everyone renouncing their wish?

smh felt cheesy