Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Man they already starting the terrible discourse on twitter on Clark not being selected, the only person I wouldn't have there is Taurasi, but I see it being a farewell spot. They talking about them missing out on high ratings and shyt like the Olympics need help with ratings.

A simple Caitlyn Clark quote saying all those women are deserving they all put in work, I need the rest anyways.

Would dead a lot of it

I know she doesn’t have to but it would be nice

I really like CC but I hate her fanbase

Daps
Clark is the most popular and polarizing player in the league why wouldn’t she be on the team?

Man they already starting the terrible discourse on twitter on Clark not being selected, the only person I wouldn't have there is Taurasi, but I see it being a farewell spot. They talking about them missing out on high ratings and shyt like the Olympics need help with ratings.

The Olympics are the Olympics but…..

“Even at the women’s gold-medal basketball games at the Olympics, the press tribune is almost always half-empty, if not worse. Clark of course would have changed all that, igniting interest not just among U.S. media but reporters around the world“

Taurasi pulled a Jordan on Isiah Thomas

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A simple Caitlyn Clark quote saying all those women are deserving they all put in work, I need the rest anyways.

Would dead a lot of it

I know she doesn’t have to but it would be nice

I really like CC but I hate her fanbase
The thing is she has more or less.

People know it too, but they choose to be dense because they're hateful and racist.

That's the main problem.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Clark is the most popular and polarizing player in the league why wouldn’t she be on the team?

The Olympics are the Olympics but…..

“Even at the women’s gold-medal basketball games at the Olympics, the press tribune is almost always half-empty, if not worse. Clark of course would have période. T all that, igniting interest not just among U.S. media but reporters around the world“

Taurasi pulled a Jordan on Isiah Thomas

She's not better than anyone they selected, not even Taurasi. Point blank period. It's idiotic comparing this to Isiah in '92.

Daps
She's not better than anyone they selected, not even Taurasi. Point blank period. It's idiotic comparing this to Isiah in '92.

Taurusi played for team USA before she played one wnba game so better than anyone selected is a moot point.

Again Clark is growing the game tremendously so from that POV why not have her on the team. Her being on the team would not have downgraded them in anyway.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Her not being selected was the best thing for her tbh

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Taurusi played for team USA before she played one wnba game so better than anyone selected is a moot point.

Again Clark is growing the game tremendously so from that POV why not have her on the team. Her being on the team would not have downgraded them in anyway.
because then it's not about growing the game. Then it's becomes squarely on Clark. The fanbase she has, through no fault of her own, has become Tebow-level toxic

First it's "why isn't she there?" They stopped it before it became "why isn't she playing more? Why isn't she closing games? Why isn't she starting?" All the while it ain't about the rest of the team because it won't be about them. It'll just be an excuse to smother Clark some more.

She needs the time off to recharge her batteries and finish strong. The Olympics will be there for her in 2028 in LA.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
If CC really wanted to "grow the game" she could easily just sign and play with the best overseas team during the off season. Typically, everyone plays in Turkey, Korea or China

You think Stuelke can make the league? She was hooping in the tournament

She could be Top 5 in the draft if she keeps improving. She was shooting over 60% last year but this upcoming season, we'll see if it was skill or "the Clark effect".

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
because then it's not about growing the game. Then it's becomes squarely on Clark. The fanbase she has, through no fault of her own, has become Tebow-level toxic

First it's "why isn't she there?" They stopped it before it became "why isn't she playing more? Why isn't she closing games? Why isn't she starting?" All the while it ain't about the rest of the team because it won't be about them. It'll just be an excuse to smother Clark some more.

She needs the time off to recharge her batteries and finish strong. The Olympics will be there for her in 2028 in LA.
So with this logic she should never be on the team

In 2028 her fanbase wont become less toxic

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You think Stuelke can make the league? She was hooping in the tournament
If she declares she'll be drafted I feel but that doesn't mean she'll make a roster.

I think her future is going to really ride on how well she plays without CC feeding her. If she plays like garbage than people will just write her off as just a player who benefit from the CC stimulus package. If she still looks like a good player then she's fine.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Caitlin Clark won't be headed to the Paris Olympics, a source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

Clark has international experience with USA Basketball at a younger level, but she wasn't able to make the national training camp in Cleveland after she was invited because she was leading Iowa to the Final Four. Clark finished her career as the NCAA's Division I career scoring leader.

While Clark won't be headed to Paris, the United States is expected to take five-time gold medalist Diana Taurasi for a sixth Olympics. Taurasi, who will turn 42 on Tuesday, will be joined by Phoenix Mercury teammate Brittney Griner.