Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know the schedules don't make time for it but the WNBA needs their own predraft combine to get accurate measurements because there is no way Brink is only 6'4"

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I know the schedules don't make time for it but the WNBA needs their own predraft combine to get accurate measurements because there is no way Brink is only 6'4"

Google says Jimmy Butler 6'7".

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Yup.... Clark played with a big that could run in transition and finish her passes in Iowa... those type of players do exist in the WNBA....their GM is a 80 year old white lady prolly out of touch and I will not post her picture :ehh:
Yep, look at how she keeps hitting Hannah Stuelke in stride

Last edited:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clark doesn't belong on the team and needs the break anyway. I don't get Taurasi being there, she done made enough teams to where she should have already had her swan song. Arike should have made it since she's already 27 and could be declining by the time the next cycle rolls around. She would dial the jacking down next to other elite players.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Clark doesn't belong on the team and needs the break anyway. I don't get Taurasi being there, she done made enough teams to where she should have already had her swan song. Arike should have made it since she's already 27 and could be declining by the time the next cycle rolls around. She would dial the jacking down next to other elite players.
Man they already starting the terrible discourse on twitter on Clark not being selected, the only person I wouldn't have there is Taurasi, but I see it being a farewell spot. They talking about them missing out on high ratings and shyt like the Olympics need help with ratings.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Would she tho?

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Why is Hailey van lith on the 3 on 3 Olympic team

Read below vvvvvvvv

Cameron Brink, Hailey Van Lith, Linnae Harper and Cierra Burdikk of Team USA pose with the trophy during the award ceremony at the FIBA 3x3 World cup at Rathausplatz on June 4, 2023 in Vienna, Austria.

So basically the only change was Linnae Harper for Rhyne which im very confused cuz i thought Rhyne should be on 5x5 but idk why people are confused about the other 3 when they have already won together.

The way that FIBA 3x3 Olympics teams work is that you need to select at least two players in the top 10 rankings of your country for 3x3. The rankings come from players participating in recent 3x3 circuits. So you can't really stack the lineup with WNBA stars because a lot of them are outside the top-10 since they don't really participate in the 3x3 circuits (plus many of them will want to aim for the 5v5 squad).

HVL, Brink, and Burdikk recently won gold at the 3x3 World Cup and their inclusion helps fulfill the top 10-ranking requirement. I think the team USA wants to keep that chemistry since there won't be a lot of time to get up to speed with the timing of everything, especially since other nations have teams whose players are fully committed to playing 3x3 throughout the entire year. Rhyne doesn't have too much 3x3 experience, but adding an All-Star to the squad who was one of the best players in the Springfield 3x3 circuit also makes sense.

They've chosen Cameron Brink and Haley Van Lith for the 3 x 3 USA team for the Olympics along with Cierra Burdikk and Rhyne Howard

(from reddit)

usa-3x3-team-announced-v0-jgasx7l8dt4d1.jpeg

HVL has been training with Phil Handy and I think that was a really good decision for her

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Read below vvvvvvvv

Cameron Brink, Hailey Van Lith, Linnae Harper and Cierra Burdikk of Team USA pose with the trophy during the award ceremony at the FIBA 3x3 World cup at Rathausplatz on June 4, 2023 in Vienna, Austria.

So basically the only change was Linnae Harper for Rhyne which im very confused cuz i thought Rhyne should be on 5x5 but idk why people are confused about the other 3 when they have already won together.

The way that FIBA 3x3 Olympics teams work is that you need to select at least two players in the top 10 rankings of your country for 3x3. The rankings come from players participating in recent 3x3 circuits. So you can't really stack the lineup with WNBA stars because a lot of them are outside the top-10 since they don't really participate in the 3x3 circuits (plus many of them will want to aim for the 5v5 squad).

HVL, Brink, and Burdikk recently won gold at the 3x3 World Cup and their inclusion helps fulfill the top 10-ranking requirement. I think the team USA wants to keep that chemistry since there won't be a lot of time to get up to speed with the timing of everything, especially since other nations have teams whose players are fully committed to playing 3x3 throughout the entire year. Rhyne doesn't have too much 3x3 experience, but adding an All-Star to the squad who was one of the best players in the Springfield 3x3 circuit also makes sense.

I figured it had to be some restrictions, I’m assuming men’s 3 on 3 is the same way and that’s the reason Jimmer Fredette is on the team