Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
reese really wants to be make sure shes counted in the moment. She better be ready for that hate that comes with it.

She know how to market herself

What she says is calculated.

She knows what she doing when she make those tweets and she know who she riling up. She know eventually it turns into black vs white. That’s when the engagement is boosted.

Thats gonna die down tho cause ain’t no Iowa team with one black girl in the league. Its not the same optics

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
its crazy with her talking all that shyt as like 5th best player on her team. I might be being too generous with that they play great team basketball but come on
This is one of those white boy talking points. Her crying had a lot more to do with simply losing. She’s lost before. It was a reflection of the hate she received all season after winning the title. Also, it was her final college game. This narrative that she’s gonna cry after every loss is bullshyt.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I like what Angel Reese brings to her game. It's not all about points, but her utility: good BBIQ, defense, passing, hustle, etc.

When it comes to women's basketball, you can't teach 6'3. There are WNBA centers who are 6'3, but she plays the forward role. Her being nearly that height, but at forward with a handle is a terrific intangible. She's a size mismatch for what she can do.
I had her as #2 on my draft board. I don't know how scouts had others ahead of her. To me, her defense is already world class.

1. Clark
2. Reese
3. Rickea
4. Brink
5. Cardoso
And I didn't care for Jacy or Aaliyah

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Weaker opponents? They’re the weakest opponent of all!

Don't let the record fool you...Indy has talent. It's just not being utilized properly and/or players did not show up in shape (Boston)....Indy could easily be 2-3 right now.

All-star guard Mitchell missed the first 2 gms.........Boston showed up in poor condition.....The HC has been doing some weird shyt with the lineups/rotations......Clark is still adjusting but has gotten better game by game.

The Olympic break will be great for Indy.....Staley will whip Boston's ass into shape and Clark will have 1 month to work on her game and get a rest.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Don't let the record fool you...Indy has talent. It's just not being utilized properly and/or players did not show up in shape (Boston)....Indy could easily be 2-3 right now.

All-star guard Mitchell missed the first 2 gms.........Boston showed up in poor condition.....The HC has been doing some weird shyt with the lineups/rotations......Clark is still adjusting but has gotten better game by game.

The Olympic break will be great for Indy.....Staley will whip Boston's ass into shape and Clark will have 1 month to work on her game and get a rest.
Boston is in better condition than she was last year. The issue is, she never really had to be a PnR roller and this year, she has to be that and she's not any good at it yet. I think she needs an offseason just working on PnRs

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Boston is in better condition than she was last year. The issue is, she never really had to be a PnR roller and this year, she has to be that and she's not any good at it yet. I think she needs an offseason just working on PnRs

That's a damn lie....Boston can't run the floor without getting winded....Boston added muscle but did work on her conditioning.....Fagbenie is the better player.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Don't let the record fool you...Indy has talent. It's just not being utilized properly and/or players did not show up in shape (Boston)

Indiana is underperforming, I’m aware. They were picked to finish like 7th-8th while the Sky was picked to finish 11th-12th. The coach said Boston came into camp in great shape, so I don’t think it’s that. It’s a lack of chemistry. I said they’re the worst because you are what your record is. The elephant in the room is their defense. They were already the worst defensive team the past three years, but this year, they’re giving up 5 more points per game than last season. They’re also the 2nd worst offensive team, although that 66 point game against the Liberty brings down the average.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I had her as #2 on my draft board. I don't know how scouts had others ahead of her. To me, her defense is already world class.

1. Clark
2. Reese
3. Rickea
4. Brink
5. Cardoso
And I didn't care for Jacy or Aaliyah
Yeah, at the end of the day basketball is still basketball. The closer you can get to 10 ft. tall the better you are.

Tall players with skills and intangibles win games. You want the mismatch for what you can do and Angel Reese brings a lot of mismatches because of her handle, first step and change of direction. Then you throw on the defense which is her main selling point, but I don't even think it's what she does best.

She's a phenom in transition with or without the ball. That part of the game is so natural to her it's like she doesn't even need to think, she just does: nice creative passes, nearly effortless change of direction pushing the ball, fills space, touch passes, etc. It's hard for me to say what's better her defense or transition ability because they're both really good and leap out on tape.

Transition is when she gets right into flow. My theory is she can be an effective three point shooter in transition hitting pull-up threes. Just don't think and launch it, let the body and muscle memory take over.

Half-court settings you want her to have space and play downhill to simulate transition. Iso plays. She'll back down the smaller guards or be too fast for the big players. Get her the ball, give her room and let her attack. She'll find people open or get to the basket.

Crazy that people were really overthinking with her. She's going to really shine playing next to Cardoso who'll basically be a cleanup monster or someone who'll command a double team exposing a 1v1 iso for Reese.

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I don’t understand what people are seeing with her talking about she’s out of shape. She don’t look much different than she did when she played for SC, she maybe looks better but she definitely don’t look worse. They just have to figure out the team chemistry. Maybe when or if the hype dies down shyt could get better.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Very corny, lost to Caitlyn earlier this year and turned into a victim real quick.
False white narrative. Angel only responded to a question about her year and the strength that was need for it.
This is what Malcolm X meant when he said "if you don't stand for something then you will fall for anything"