Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
No. They should’ve been pushing every star player on each team. They should’ve been pushing the Aces. The WNBA has a lot of great players. Nothing Reese or Clark brings to the actual game is ground breaking. Clark can shoot long threes. A bunch of WNBA players can do that :russ:

And if anything, the league fumbled by not making sure Phoenix got the first pick. They run an offense that would’ve fit better with Clark. And it would’ve been a better storyline if Clark ended up playing with Taurasi.
That’s the thing man. Caitlin is good and I’m happy for all her success, but man A’ja has been killing it since HIGH SCHOOL! Any dude with her exact credentials would already be considered one of the goats. The full time WNBA fans know but the Caitlin hive need a reminder. I mean people act like they hate Angel so much.. she’s viral now for apparently “throwing shade at Caitlin” after a win. I guess CC needs a villain though. There’s a lot of young ladies doing great now in that league, and others have been doing great things.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That’s the thing man. Caitlin is good and I’m happy for all her success, but man A’ja has been killing it since HIGH SCHOOL! Any dude with her exact credentials would already be considered one of the goats. The full time WNBA fans know but the Caitlin hive need a reminder. I mean people act like they hate Angel so much.. she’s viral now for apparently “throwing shade at Caitlin” after a win. I guess CC needs a villain though. There’s a lot of young ladies doing great now in that league, and others have been doing great things.
You mean college success?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I like what Angel Reese brings to a team with her game. It's not all about points, but her utility: good BBIQ, defense, passing, hustle, etc.

When it comes to women's basketball, you can't teach 6'3. There are WNBA centers who are 6'3, but she plays the forward role. Her being nearly that height, but at forward with a handle is a terrific intangible. She's a size mismatch for what she can do.

Last edited:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I like what Angel Reese brings to her game. It's not all about points, but her utility: good BBIQ, defense, passing, hustle, etc.

When it comes to women's basketball, you can't teach 6'3. The average WNBA height for a center is 6'4, her being nearly that height, but at forward with a handle is a terrific intangible.

It’s all seems so clear now

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Her point guard background is really apparent when she pushes the ball. She's shown her transition ability a few times already in the WNBA, but you'll see it more when she can start roaming on defense rather than trying to anchor the paint.

When Cardoso comes back putting Angel next to one of the league's tallest players (who also has high BBIQ), I'm telling you they're going to dominate.

They'll get stops, she'll push the ball and find people. Cardoso is the halfcourt threat to additionally score and find people.

Put shooters around them and watch them go to work.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
2 weeks into the season and that's where I'm at with it, too much extras that don't involve the actual hoops being played

I mean this is basically the same drama that encircle the men's game. Alot of the trending topics are probably more about Bron/Lakers/Bronny drama or Free Agent rumors compared to Conference Finals X and Os.

Yes, people are talking about straight white females ballers vs lesbian black ballers vs whoever else. That can stop. But the fact that people are talking about the WNBA at all should be a positive for the league's growth lol. After this year all these people will settle in. But right now it's fresh so people are gonna get their takes out now.