Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People didn't watch the video in the OP. Nowhere does the coach say she's being "pressured" to do anything.

did they actually say anything about fans pressuring the coach?

I posted that video, because it’s what led to fans attacking her and calling for her to be fired.

Even people commenting on this thread have attacked her.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
How is ONE person going to help everyone? Please explain?

If a team that plays Indiana 3 times and sells out those home games, but only 20% fill up the rest, HOW is that good for the league?

Putting one player above an entire league is stupid.

Her success is irrelevant. You're basically saying her opponents, shouldn't play defense, shouldn't foul her and just let her score at will for the benefit of the WNBA. Las Vegas is back to back champs with a 2 time MVP. New York has the reigning and multiple MVP winner as well. AND Sabrina Ionescu plays a similar game as Clark with better ball skills... and She has a signature shoe.

Just because because casuals haven’t paid attention doesn’t make them less than Clark.

All those accolades you listed are cool and all..but nobody cares …that’s why Caitlyn success will help the league as a whole

It’s pretty obvious

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
The woman’s college game has been better than the men’s the last so many years. I just don’t think that translates into the WNBA. The product just not fun to watch at the end of the day. Not enough for sustained interest. You have had player as good as Caitlin Clark come in the league before and they ain’t change shyt. I believe it will gain in popularity but like a slight boost up, not some big leap. I don’t see anything different this time except for media more media hype. The product gonna have to sustain it. I feel like Brittney Griner was a more wow this may get people looking at the league type prospect and if that ain’t do it then I don’t think this woman is. You’ve had white players just as talented as well.

I don’t expect it to compete with men’s sports in terms of popularity but I think women support other sports more

BG was def not wat Caitlyn is

Caitlyn is white and a guard its completely different

Nobody cared about BG just being bigger than everyone else and doing rim grazers

Dont get me wrong BG was a great prospect but she a big ass stud whose game is predicated on post moves, that wasn't never gonna move the needle

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
lol I wish them the best but I just don’t see it. Like I can’t imagine a scenario where the homies talking and like what’s the move for tonight? And nikkas be like, shyt we can meet at the bar and watch the WNBA Finals or just have a get together at my house. Like nikka, that shyt is never happening. And the average women don’t give no fukk.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
BG was def not wat Caitlyn is

Caitlyn is white and a guard its completely different

Nobody cared about BG just being bigger than everyone else and doing rim grazers

Dont get me wrong BG was a great prospect but she a big ass stud whose game is predicated on post moves, that wasn't never gonna move the needle
Are you crazy??? Teams were in full tank mode to get Griner and luckily, my squad got her. Griner and Delle Don were the prizes in that year's draft. Griner was the known prize during her junior year when she led baylor to an undefeated season and title. Griner was dunkin in games off post ups and verticals. If you put Griner and Delle Donne in the same draft as clark I guarantee you she goes 3rd. On top of that, we won a title in BG's 2nd season as she hit the game winner in the semifinals against the Sparks over Candace Parker. Do you not remember all of this?? Griner was a beast on defense, could score and occasionally get a dunk or 2 in a game. You obviously don't remember that 2013 wnba season. Clark is "moving the needle" due to the white media propping her up. It sells tickets, but it wont translate into wins. And just like my Spurs in the NBA, as great as Wemby is, we got an old ass coach that doesn't have a clue about anything and midway thru the season, the seats started to get empty again because he wants to continue being a dictator. winning matters.

Last edited:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Are you crazy??? Teams were in full tank mode to get Griner and luckily, my squad got her. Griner and Delle Don were the prizes in that year's draft. Griner was the known prize during her junior year when she led baylor to an undefeated season and title. Griner was dunkin in games off post ups and verticals. If you put Griner and Delle Donne in the same draft as Griner, I guarantee you she goes 3rd. On top of that, we won a title in BG's 2nd season as she hit the game winner in the semifinals against the Sparks over Candace Parker. Do you not remember all of this?? Griner was a beast on defense, could score and occasionally get a dunk or 2 in a game. You obviously don't remember that 2013 wnba season.

Relax I'm not talking on the court, I'm talking about moving the needle with fans, the general interest in women's basketball

I know BG was a great prospect basketball wise, I'm more so speaking from a marketability stand point

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Relax I'm not talking on the court, I'm talking about moving the needle with fans, the general interest in women's basketball

I know BG was a great prospect basketball wise, I'm more so speaking from a marketability stand point
even with marketability, in the end, you've got to win games. Grant hill was marketed the most out of the 94 draft and had good years in detroit, but at the end of the day, he could never get out of the first round in his prime and stayed injured. No matter what league it is, you can't keep marketing a loser, winning will become important at some point. Not necessarily winning a title, but winning games.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
All those accolades you listed are cool and all..but nobody cares …that’s why Caitlyn success will help the league as a whole

It’s pretty obvious

If nobody cared... the WNBA would've folded by now :mjlol:

But to put things in perspective, the NBA controls 40% of the WNBA, and the WNBA doesn't have revenue sharing with the players. Their current CBA allows revenue sharing ONLY when certain revenue conditions have been met.

The NBA has zero incentive for the WNBA to grow revenue wise. And the WNBA owners don't have an incentive either. AND they have a hard cap.

This has nothing to do with the players or the game itself. Women's basketball has flourished overseas. It's just like Women's soccer. This country is very 1950's when it comes to women's sports. They constantly put them down, objectify or simply dismiss them altogether.

BUT then turn around and complain about transgender athletes playing women's sports with fake outrage.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

:mjlol:

Doing her dirty lol. Obviously more sex appeal and shyt would help, but that ain’t even gonna sustain interest. If that was the case then the lingerie football league would be huge. I just feel like at the end of the day, who is really gonna watch this shyt on a regular basis and support the league. Hype can only help so much. The product has to be great to watch and I just don’t think it is, and don’t think ol girl about to change that.

It’s not even the skill. These woman got great skillsets. It’s the athleticism. Nothing they doing really look amazing from an athleticism stand point

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: Rookie players especially Caitlin Clark makes me finally watch full game WNBA game. And made me watch YouTube practice that I've never watched WNBA practice on YouTube until Catlin Clark. Caitlin Clark changed the WNBA for real :wow:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted that video, because it’s what led to fans attacking her and calling for her to be fired.

Even people commenting on this thread have attacked her.

Ohh ok, makes sense now. Appreciate you taking the time to clarify.

Real talk though, she got a voice that doesn't sound like the type to back down to public pressure :russ: