Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I expect big things from CC but I took her under 20.5 points tonight

The sun are a good team and if the three aint falling a a good clip she aint scoring that much

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Did you not see the W-L records I posted? Who gives a fukk what those other scorers on the team think lol

A team that has been as trash as they've been for the last half-decade, shouldn't be selecting a #1 pick with the intention of that player being a role-player anyway. If she's as good as advertised, these "other scorers" on the team need to fall in line or get shipped out.

It's a tale as old as time in the NBA, word to Stackhouse, Ricky Davis, Monta, etc etc
it's irrelevant what both you and I are typing as they will be back in the lottery next year again. The thing is I actually watch the WNBA and didn't just start 2 weeks ago. Truthfully, some teams have 3rd options better than Clark. The WNBA is what the NBA was when they had 8-10 teams. The competition is higher as some picks get cut. Brynna Maxwell was cut today and she was the 13th pick in the draft. Adding more teams will dilute the league, but it will give more girls an opportunity to play. yeah they were trash last year and will not be much better this year because other teams got better (notably my Mercury squad by adding Cooper). I just hope we can get thru the Griner injury.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you’re serious about wanting the WNBA game to grow, then you should have every reason to want Clark to succeed as it helps put money in everyone’s pockets. Every person in that league should want her to succeed and help her do so for that reason instead of being on some hating shyt.

Some dudes want her to fail though so they can continue getting their wack ass jokes off about the league and how it’s not growing.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My nikka hates the WNBA :laff:

lol I wish them the best but I just don’t see it. Like I can’t imagine a scenario where the homies talking and like what’s the move for tonight? And nikkas be like, shyt we can meet at the bar and watch the WNBA Finals or just have a get together at my house. Like nikka, that shyt is never happening. And the average women don’t give no fukk.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
it's irrelevant what both you and I are typing as they will be back in the lottery next year again. The thing is I actually watch the WNBA and didn't just start 2 weeks ago. Truthfully, some teams have 3rd options better than Clark. The WNBA is what the NBA was when they had 8-10 teams. The competition is higher as some picks get cut. Brynna Maxwell was cut today and she was the 13th pick in the draft. Adding more teams will dilute the league, but it will give more girls an opportunity to play. yeah they were trash last year and will not be much better this year because other teams got better (notably my Mercury squad by adding Cooper). I just hope we can get thru the Griner injury.

Sounds like even more reason to cut her loose, the team has sucked and will continue to suck according to you. What is there to lose exactly? If she turns out to not be shyt, wouldn't it benefit the team to find that out sooner rather than later?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
lol I wish them the best but I just don’t see it. Like I can’t imagine a scenario where the homies talking and like what’s the move for tonight? And nikkas be like, shyt we can meet at the bar and watch the WNBA Finals or just have a get together at my house. Like nikka, that shyt is never happening. And the average women don’t give no fukk.
Of course it won't supercede men's professional sports but if it can become the dominant women's pro league worldwide that's a win. And it's only going to become more popular since the stars are known and their fans can follow them even more to the WNBA.

The men's college game is suffering because we don't know these nikkaz. With the women's college game the stars stay. That's starting to become a big advantage to help women's hoops grow

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///

marketing & merchandising there's just way more products you can attach to female endorsement

their value is off the court because women drive consumerism & marketing

$$$$$$$$$$

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said in another thread, this won’t end well. Clark got free rein at Iowa because the program was trash. In her last 3 years, Iowa never recruited a top 5 or 10 player because nobody wanted to play with her.

If they go down this road, Indiana’s best players are going to leave and nobody is going to want to play there except role players.

did they actually say anything about fans pressuring the coach?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Of course it won't supercede men's professional sports but if it can become the dominant women's pro league worldwide that's a win. And it's only going to become more popular since the stars are known and their fans can follow them even more to the WNBA.

The men's college game is suffering because we don't know these nikkaz. With the women's college game the stars stay. That's starting to become a big advantage to help women's hoops grow

The woman’s college game has been better than the men’s the last so many years. I just don’t think that translates into the WNBA. The product just not fun to watch at the end of the day. Not enough for sustained interest. You have had player as good as Caitlin Clark come in the league before and they ain’t change shyt. I believe it will gain in popularity but like a slight boost up, not some big leap. I don’t see anything different this time except for media more media hype. The product gonna have to sustain it. I feel like Brittney Griner was a more wow this may get people looking at the league type prospect and if that ain’t do it then I don’t think this woman is. You’ve had white players just as talented as well.

I don’t expect it to compete with men’s sports in terms of popularity but I think women support other sports more

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Doesn’t their team suck?

She should be given freedom, and see if it works
So you'd be perfectly fine with asking last year's Rookie of the year along with Kelsy Mitchell to become Draymond Green and Wiseman? Let's not forget Kelsey plum didn't have her first breakout year until 3 years ago. That was her 4th season and we BARELY beat the Aces to get to the finals(that we lost to the Sky). As I stated previously, if they want her to average 30 a game, they won't win more than 5 games(if that). If they want to win games and keep this hype train alive, she need to learn to change her game. All of the players coming in did, including Plum who is now a 2x champion. Aja had to adjust as well. Uconn players have some of the smoothest transitions to the league This is pertaining to Stewie, Bird, Taurasi, and Moore. Moore came in as the first pick and won a title her rookie year because she knew that was Augustus' team and it later became her team.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If you’re serious about wanting the WNBA game to grow, then you should have every reason to want Clark to succeed as it helps put money in everyone’s pockets. Every person in that league should want her to succeed and help her do so for that reason instead of being on some hating shyt.

Some dudes want her to fail though so they can continue getting their wack ass jokes off about the league and how it’s not growing.

How is ONE person going to help everyone? Please explain?

If a team that plays Indiana 3 times and sells out those home games, but only 20% fill up the rest, HOW is that good for the league?

Putting one player above an entire league is stupid.

Her success is irrelevant. You're basically saying her opponents, shouldn't play defense, shouldn't foul her and just let her score at will for the benefit of the WNBA. Las Vegas is back to back champs with a 2 time MVP. New York has the reigning and multiple MVP winner as well. AND Sabrina Ionescu plays a similar game as Clark with better ball skills... and She has a signature shoe.

Just because because casuals haven’t paid attention doesn’t make them less than Clark.