Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
I'm hoping the rest of the league humbles her & ends Clarkmania.

When she plays the Aces....

:banderas:
Games against eh Aces and liberty are going to be bad. I hope people don't think the Liberty vs Sky game is a testament to what they will be this season. They are still the 2nd best team in the league. Clark's new fans will eventually blame the coach, her teammates, and claim her opponents are "hating" for not letting her score. Many of them will disappear and delete their youtube videos out of shame for claiming that she's going to average 30+ in the league(while not knowing the all time record is by Taurasi with 25 in a season). The funny thing is that these same crackers were joking for years saying, "I've never watched a WNBA game.", now all of them are experts in who players are. That makes no fukin sense.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Like I said in another thread, this won’t end well. Clark got free rein at Iowa because the program was trash. In her last 3 years, Iowa never recruited a top 5 or 10 player because nobody wanted to play with her.

If they go down this road, Indiana’s best players are going to leave and nobody is going to want to play there except role players.

Exactly. 5 star recruits were not coming out of high school trying to sigh with Iowa to set screens for 30 minutes.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2017East6th925.265Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20182018East6th628.176Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20192019East4th1321.382Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20202020East5th616.273Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley
20212021East6th626.188Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley
20222022East6th531.139Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley (2–7)
Carlos Knox (3–24)
20232023East6th1327.325Did not qualifyChristie Sides

I can see why she wouldn't want Clark coming & potentially messing up their strong foundational culture :mjlol:

Better give Caitlin the green light :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The WNBA is damn near a novelty. Nobody about to be watching that shyt like that. It seems as if they have a window to take a big leap in popularity, but I believe it is temporary and won’t be sustained. I’m sure the numbers are up at the moment but at the end of the day, I don’t believe enough women care about this shyt and almost no men care about this shyt.
My nikka hates the WNBA :laff:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Let her go stretch her wings and then rein her in as needed. Trying to clip the biggest name (currently) in womens ball before she even gets started, when your team aint shyt to begin with? Thats a good way to get fired if/when they struggle again.
For her to stretch her wings, that means the other scorers on the team must be submissive to her. And that's not going to fly. It's good for money, but it's a lose lose situation really. If they win and clark doesn't put up the points, they will blame the coach and her teammates. If they lose and clark puts up the points and shoots bad percentages while having a lot of turnovers, they will blame her teammates and coach once again. CC new fans are going to blame her teammates and coach regardless. They simply cannot win by her hiding on defense and shooting 15 threes a game.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
For her to stretch her wings, that means the other scorers on the team must be submissive to her. And that's not going to fly. It's good for money, but it's a lose lose situation really. If they win and clark doesn't put up the points, they will blame the coach and her teammates. If they lose and clark puts up the points and shoots bad percentages while having a lot of turnovers, they will blame her teammates and coach once again. CC new fans are going to blame her teammates and coach regardless. They simply cannot win by her hiding on defense and shooting 15 threes a game.

Did you not see the W-L records I posted? Who gives a fukk what those other scorers on the team think lol

A team that has been as trash as they've been for the last half-decade, shouldn't be selecting a #1 pick with the intention of that player being a role-player anyway. If she's as good as advertised, these "other scorers" on the team need to fall in line or get shipped out.

It's a tale as old as time in the NBA, word to Stackhouse, Ricky Davis, Monta, etc etc

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Can somebody explain the hype to a non sports nygga?... is she REALLY that good? A lil white girl?

Got our 90 year old Patients trying to tune in to find out what channel she's playing on at the Job...

:ohhh:

Put it this way she lost in the championship game two years in a row and each loss they decided to ride her harder... great white hope

I'm not saying she's not a good player but it's obvious what's going on