Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
They have to let her play her game because that's what people want to see:yeshrug:

It's going to rub some vets the wrong way but vets hated on Bron too when he was young.
True.

She has limitless range and ran Iowa's offense pretty well with her passing. Her defense needs work and she's gotta improve her handles to create space...but she won't be a bum.

Plus folks don't realize Caitlin is 6'0" which is pretty damn tall for a female guard. Half the broads she faces will be like 5'6". She can shoot right over their heads.

Daps
Sabrina plays the same way. The only difference is when she was at Oregon she had talent surrounding her so she didn’t have to shoot as much as Clark. She was shooting 40% from 3 and was a walking triple double. She’s also a better passer.

And she also has a signature shoe from Nike that NBA player wear.

People make it seem like Clark is “doing it first” when that’s bullshyt.

It's because her last name is Clark.

Sabrina = Kobe. Your favorite players favorite player.

Clark = LBJ. A bigger force in terms of guiding the direction of the league. More fans but more haters too, like Bron.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
True.

She has limitless range and ran Iowa's offense pretty well with her passing. Her defense needs work and she's gotta improve her handles to create space...but she won't be a bum.

Plus folks don't realize Caitlin is 6'0" which is pretty damn tall for a female guard. Half the broads she faces will be like 5'6". She can shoot right over their heads.
6ft is average height for guards in the WNBA.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Interesting. Funny how you don’t have a single post on her or barely on the WNBA in general

I talk about women’s hoops more than anyone. She went to ND. ND has a lot of great players in the league.

And I don’t post every single player because this forum don’t give a shyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
2017East6th925.265Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20182018East6th628.176Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20192019East4th1321.382Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20202020East5th616.273Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley
20212021East6th626.188Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley
20222022East6th531.139Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley (2–7)
Carlos Knox (3–24)
20232023East6th1327.325Did not qualifyChristie Sides

I can see why she wouldn't want Clark coming & potentially messing up their strong foundational culture :mjlol:

LeCaitlin about to get this broad out the paint and get her Coach at Iowa hired. :wow:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Sabrina plays the same way. The only difference is when she was at Oregon she had talent surrounding her so she didn’t have to shoot as much as Clark. She was shooting 40% from 3 and was a walking triple double. She’s also a better passer.

And she also has a signature shoe from Nike that NBA player wear.

People make it seem like Clark is “doing it first” when that’s bullshyt.

yeah, clark brought new fans who dont know about the WNBA so they say lots of crazy things. and everybody is a better passer when on a better team.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
2017East6th925.265Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20182018East6th628.176Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20192019East4th1321.382Did not qualifyPokey Chatman
20202020East5th616.273Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley
20212021East6th626.188Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley
20222022East6th531.139Did not qualifyMarianne Stanley (2–7)
Carlos Knox (3–24)
20232023East6th1327.325Did not qualifyChristie Sides

I can see why she wouldn't want Clark coming & potentially messing up their strong foundational culture :mjlol:
That's a good point but Is CC even generational like that? Having her chuck shots and shyt won't help her development as a professional player. I mean she was ok in the preseason but eh.

I'll give her flowers if shyt go right but nikkas OD gassing

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
That's a good point but Is CC even generational like that? Having her chuck shots and shyt won't help her development as a professional player. I mean she was ok in the preseason but eh.

I'll give her flowers if shyt go right but nikkas OD gassing

Let her go stretch her wings and then rein her in as needed. Trying to clip the biggest name (currently) in womens ball before she even gets started, when your team aint shyt to begin with? Thats a good way to get fired if/when they struggle again.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The WNBA is damn near a novelty. Nobody about to be watching that shyt like that. It seems as if they have a window to take a big leap in popularity, but I believe it is temporary and won’t be sustained. I’m sure the numbers are up at the moment but at the end of the day, I don’t believe enough women care about this shyt and almost no men care about this shyt.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
before clark got to the WNBA, I told everyone that she's not averaging 30. I've been watching the WNBA since 1999. I refused to watch it the first 2 years because they stole all of the ABL players, which I was a fan of. Nikki Mccray and DAwn Staley are 2 of my top 5 favorite players all time. We've seen so many players be dominant in college only for their numbers to fall in the WNBA. My team is the Mercury. I I said we would have a deep playoff run this year with adding Cooper, but then Griner is out indefinitely with a fractured toe. The league isn't doing Clark any favors by giving her team chartered flights(and the Linx, but every team doesn't have that yet) and hyping her up. She shoots well, but she's really not that good. When she drives right, she drives hard to the basket, when she drives left, she steps back most of the time.

I remember when Holdsclaw was coming in the league. I thought she was going to be unstoppable, but it was a learning curve for her too. Teams matter, coaching matters, GMs, and players go tot readjust their game. When Taurasi and Bird said that Paige would be a better pro, I agreed with them. Her game is more complete than Clark's. We've just seen players in men and women's basketball put up a ton of points in college only to do a fraction of that in the league. Add in that the Fever has mitchell, smith, and boston on the team already. These girls aren't going to be glorified screen setters for 40 games just so Clark can shoot 15 threes per game while not getting their own points. Also, everyone is waiting on the Fever/Mercury matchup. Before the season started, I stated we were gonna beat em again this season. Last season we split with them, but the games they won, Griner was out. More than likely, they will beat us again this season that Griner may be out for the whole season. The good news is that we may get the first pick next year and that's going to be Paige(barring injury). And hopefully Taurassi retires soon because she's injury prone now with nothing more to prove.