Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
the Sky play good defense because of Angel and Angel alone the min she sits the defense is terrible she has the best defense rating on her team by five points and the second best offensive rating . Also I would agree that having Caitlin helps I never said it didn’t but it also helps Caitlin that she has two girls who can go get a bucket also Mitchell just as recently got healthy that’s when they went on the win streak so that’s why first couple games she was bad no doubt. Also Caitlin offensive rating is bad just as bad as her defensive rating
Despite her offensive rating yall keep focusing on. would you put wheeler in her position if her rating was higher. If her offensive rating is as bad as yall claim it sounds like a replacement level player could fill her role and the team would be the same.

Daps
She doesn’t get a star whistle because she doesn’t drive to the paint you can’t get a whistle shooting 12 threes outta 17 shots lol. But her team definitely gets a better whistle than they should.
Nah i get that but part of the reason she stopped driving as much as early on in this season is because she felt like she wasnt getting calls.

Daps

1. TEAM USA HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH THE WNBA.

OF COURSE THEY DONT CARE.

THEY DONT GIVE AF ABOUT TV RATINGS
THEY JUST WANT GOLD.

2. SHE DOES GET A STAR WHISTLE.

SHES ONLY TAKEN 40 SHOTS
AT THE RIM ALL SEASON
AND STILL AVERAGES 4 FREE THROWS
PER GAME.

:devil:
:evil:

Wasnt team usa the reason the wnba came about in the first place. Or better yet even had any traction to start?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wasnt team usa the reason the wnba came about in the first place. Or better yet even had any traction to start?

THERE WERE ALREADY WOMEN LEAGUES
BEFORE THE WNBA.

STERN JUST SAW AN OPPORTUNITY
AND TRIED TO CAPITALIZE OFF
TEAM USA WAVE
BY CREATING THE WNBA.

TEAM USA ISNT THE WNBA.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Despite her offensive rating yall keep focusing on. would you put wheeler in her position if her rating was higher. If her offensive rating is as bad as yall claim it sounds like a replacement level player could fill her role and the team would be the same.
No because wheeler offensive rating is worse🤣 you thought you had me tho every other starter on the fever have an offensive rating over 105 Caitlin’s is 96.

Daps
No she stopped driving because she can’t really get pass people that’s why she takes so many step back threes
she still gets passed people pretty often. Despite yall talking about she doesnt have a bag shes still pretty quick. She just doesnt like taking mid ranges often at all so she just drives into the pain and kicks it back out. But if a better defender isnt on her she can create on her own as you saw early on in the liberty game. But as we all know teams almost always put there best defender on her.

Daps
No because wheeler offensive rating is worse🤣 you thought you had me tho every other starter on the fever have an offensive rating over 105 Caitlin’s is 96.
ok then so have wallace run the offense? Would you bench her then since shes holding the offense back? Better yet how would you rank the fever players at least out of the top 3 in order?

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ok then so have wallace run the offense? Would you bench her then since shes holding the offense back?

STOP POSTING IN EXTREMES
AND CREATING STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS.

THERES A BIG GAP BETWEEN
PLAYING LIKE A STAR
AND BEING A BUM.

SHES BEEN A SERVICEABLE ROLE PLAYER
WITH SOME VERY BRIGHT SPOTS
THIS SEASON.

SHES OBVIOUSLY BETTER
THAN THE PPL YOU NAMED
WHICH IS WHY SHE WAS DRAFTED
TO HELP BOSTON.

THE MISTAKE WAS MADE WHEN
PPL STARTED ASSUMING BOSTON
WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HELP.

SHES MORE RAJON RONDO
WITH A SPAM THREE BALL
AND LESS STEPH CURRY
IN THE PROS.

RONDO WAS AN ALL STAR
BUT HE WAS STILL A ROLE PLAYER

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
she still gets passed people pretty often. Despite yall talking about she doesnt have a bag shes still pretty quick. She just doesnt like taking mid ranges often at all so she just drives into the pain and kicks it back out. But if a better defender isnt on her she can create on her own as you saw early on in the liberty game. But as we all know teams almost always put there best defender on her.
She gets by white giros very easily she is quick but she’s not quick fast so she might get a step every once and a while because her handle is above average but she gets caught up to because of her lack of speed

Daps

STOP POSTING IN EXTREMES
AND CREATING STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS.

THERES A BIG GAP BETWEEN
PLAYING LIKE A STAR
AND BEING A BUM.

SHES BEEN A SERVICEABLE ROLE PLAYER
WITH SOME VERY BRIGHT SPOTS
THIS SEASON.

SHES OBVIOUSLY BETTER
THAN THE PPL YOU NAMED
WHICH IS WHY SHE WAS DRAFTED
TO HELP BOSTON.

THE MISTAKE WAS MADE WHEN
PPL STARTED ASSUMING BOSTON
WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HELP.

Im just using those examples because were clearly seeing issues with offensive rating and rating a player effectively on a team. Everybody here knows the defensive attention she gets compared to most so even if her numbers arent crazy she gets the respect of someone that can go off regardless. I wouldnt agree shes just a role player because based off what ive seen her and reeses's numbers are way better than a role player will give you in the league. I know you got a bias for the sky but lets real about that at least.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
ok then so have wallace run the offense? Would you bench her then since shes holding the offense back? Better yet how would you rank the fever players at least out of the top 3 in order?
Wallace is not a guard in their offense she runs the 3 why would she run the offense 🤣 Boston Mitchell Clark which isn’t a knock to Clark because once again I think she’s playing pretty good just not as great as everyone makes it seem. Also when did I say she’s holding the offense back?

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Im just using those examples because we’re clearly seeing issues with offensive rating and rating a player effectively on a team. Everybody here knows the defensive attention she gets compared to most so even if her numbers arent crazy she gets the respect of someone that can go off regardless. I wouldnt agree shes just a role player because based off what ive seen her and reeses's numbers are way better than a role player will give you in the league. I know you got a bias for the sky but lets real about that at least.
There is no issue with offensive rating lol the best offensive players have the best offensive rating yall just don’t want to believe the numbers you go show me a great player with a bad offensive rating or a low win share. Like fr then we can have that conversation on if it’s a weird stat lmaoo

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Im just using those examples because were clearly seeing issues with offensive rating and rating a player effectively on a team. Everybody here knows the defensive attention she gets compared to most so even if her numbers arent crazy she gets the respect of someone that can go off regardless. I wouldnt agree shes just a role player because based off what ive seen her and reeses's numbers are way better than a role player will give you in the league. I know you got a bias for the sky but lets real about that at least.

REESE IS 14TH IN PER ..
THATS A STAR IMPACT.

CLARK IS 49TH.
THATS A SERVICEABLE ROLE PLAYER
AND THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

IM SURE ITS BETTER THAN MOST ROOKIES

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
There is no issue with offensive rating lol the best offensive players have the best offensive rating yall just don’t want to believe the numbers you go show me a great player with a bad offensive rating or a low win share. Like fr then we can have that conversation on if it’s a weird stat lmaoo
But just to make it easier Angel also is better than Caitlin in BPM and Vorp which are way less “weird”