Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
For clarification, are you saying Carter and Angel are not the primary reasons for the scoring recovery which is what the tweet was pointing out? Because you may want to look at the stats for Turner, Michaela, and Izzy...

No, I agree with the post....I was referring to some people not acknowledging some of the other additions. Specifically Cardosa/Harrison.........Harrison dnp last season and Cardosa was a lottery pick.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Chicago lost players from last season, but also added more than just Reese/Carter

Additions:

* B.Turner- Defensive stopper- Phoenix Mercury starter for the last 5 seasons
* M. Onyenwere- 2021 rookie of the year
* Izzy Harrison- Sat out last season- Started more than 50% of her games with Dallas

:dead:IZZY IS TRASH
AND THE OTHER 2 DONT
EVEN PLAY.

YOU GONNA MENTION GONDREZICK NEXT?
:devil:
:evil:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Chicago lost players from last season, but also added more than just Reese/Carter

Additions:

* A.Reese
* C.Carter- Lottery pick
* C.Cardosa- Lottery pick
* Izzy Harrison- Sat out last season- Started more than 50% of her games with Dallas

Turner and Onyenwere barely even play. They have more DNPs than games played
Izzy averages like 5ppg and didn’t play at all last year because of an injury
Cardoso averages 8ppg and she’s a rookie like Angel.

Compare that to losing Khaleah Copper who currently averages 22.5ppg (3rd in the WNBA) and Courtney Williams who was our starting PG (when we desperately need a legit starting PG)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Additions:

* A.Reese
* C.Carter- Lottery pick
* C.Cardosa- Lottery pick

Those three are averaging a combined 8 points a game and 6 of those are from Izzy :dahell:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Those three are averaging a combined 8 points a game and 6 of those are from Izzy :dahell:

I bet Phoenix would take Turner back and start her at PF.....They're rebounding/post defense is lacking

Last edited:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
On one hand....Clark/Reese and the rest of the Rooks will have a month off to improve their games....On the other hand......Dal/Atl/LA/Wash will have a month to get players healthy and come back stronger....Hmm....

Daps
Still believe Rickea Jackson can end up being the best player from this years draft :hubie:
its hard to say with her. I think shes kinda out of conversation besides scoring. Shes learning but shes not running the offense or anchoring the defense. Shes kind of in the middle not asked to do as much as either angel or caitlin.

Daps
Again every advanced stat says Angel impacts her team more than Caitlin. Also Angel has to play with Dana and diamond they are terrible.
thats a weird stat because the wins and losses are near identical despite that. And its clear now that caitlin obviously is a huge difference on and off with the offense right now.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
its hard to say with her. I think shes kinda out of conversation besides scoring. Shes learning but shes not running the offense or anchoring the defense. Shes kind of in the middle not asked to do as much as either angel or caitlin.
I think that’s changing it seems like curt trust her alot more I think in the post game he said he was trying to feed her the ball so she’s definitely growing into that role. Tbh I think she’ll be better than brink kinda like how Angel is better than cardoso just because of their ability to do more outside of the post

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
thats a weird stat because the wins and losses are near identical despite that. And its clear now that caitlin obviously is a huge difference on and off with the offense right now.
Not really a weird stat because the fever can still keep up with teams without Caitlin the sky literally suck unless Chen is playing like out of her mind even then they can’t really get away from anybody. Yesterday everytime they looked down it was Angel who kinda just willed them back into it. As of rn Caitlin hasn’t really shown that outside of the last liberty game to me it’s been more Boston or Mitchell stepping up in those moments.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THERES NOTHING WEIRD
ABOUT THE STAT.

CLARK HAS A 96 OFFENSIVE RATING
AND 109 DEFENSIVE RATING
SHE JUST PLAYS WITH 2 ELITE SCORERS.

ANGEL TOP 14 IN PER
CLARK IS 49TH.

SHES LOOKED LIKE
A ROLE PLAYER IN MOST NIGHTS
OUTSIDE OF A FEW BIG GAMES.
:devil:
:evil:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Not really a weird stat because the fever can still keep up with teams without Caitlin the sky literally suck unless Chen is playing like out of her mind even then they can’t really get away from anybody. Yesterday everytime they looked down it was Angel who kinda just willed them back into it. As of rn Caitlin hasn’t really shown that outside of the last liberty game to me it’s been more Boston or Mitchell stepping up in those moments.

Where has this been proven?.......Clark is avg 34.6 mpg out of 40 minutes...Most of the minutes she is off the court are basically garbage minutes where the other team's best players are not on the court........I mean, lets not get crazy here.....You take Clark off this team and they are back to being a 100% lottery team.

Trust me, win shares in certain situations are flawed

The fact that KLS has more offensive wins share than Clark is comical.

Clark having the same amount of defensive win shares as Boston is just as comical

Indy is already 3 games better than at the same time last season and trending up despite the brutal opening month schedule......Indy has the 4th best overall improvement.

Code:
+-    Team              TY       LY
+10   Seattle          14-7      4-17
+6    Minnesota        15-6      9-12
+5    Phoenix          11-10     6-15
+3    Indiana           9-13     6-16
+2    Connecticut      17-4     15-6
+1    New York         17-4     16-5
 0    Chicago           8-12     8-12
-2    Los Angeles       5-16     7-14
-5    Atlanta           7-13    12-8
-5    Las Vegas         13-7    18-2