Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
The issue with win shares/Ratings is that it's not an individual stat, it is a lineup stat that factors in all 10 players.

Daps
Not really a weird stat because the fever can still keep up with teams without Caitlin the sky literally suck unless Chen is playing like out of her mind even then they can’t really get away from anybody. Yesterday everytime they looked down it was Angel who kinda just willed them back into it. As of rn Caitlin hasn’t really shown that outside of the last liberty game to me it’s been more Boston or Mitchell stepping up in those moments.
Idk about that when caitlin plays the most minutes on the team by a decent amount. They even did better at times when mitchell was out in some of these recent games. I think she makes scoring a lot easier with what she brings whether she is on or off in shooting. You can even tell that in the last games they have played her plus minus is usually one of the highest. The sky play really solid defense so a lot of their losses have been close despite having bad spacing and even won some games early when reese was figuring it out in the early games. The fever pretty much had noone to lean on in that early schedule and were having straight up blowouts early in the season. You can argue that the team starting playing better when caitlin started playing better and the offense is night and day when shes off and on the court. She even kind of shores up bostons biggest weakness against bigger centers where they are getting caught off balance more often than not so she doesnt have to bang to get her shot off.

Daps

THERES NOTHING WEIRD
ABOUT THE STAT.

CLARK HAS A 96 OFFENSIVE RATING
AND 109 DEFENSIVE RATING
SHE JUST PLAYS WITH 2 ELITE SCORERS.

ANGEL TOP 14 IN PER
CLARK IS 49TH.

SHES LOOKED LIKE
A ROLE PLAYER IN MOST NIGHTS
OUTSIDE OF A FEW BIG GAMES.
:devil:
:evil:

idk what role player has the averages or defensive attention she gets. Literally averaging double digit assist in recent games so even without her scoring you have what most of the league lacks in a good point guard.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Where has this been proven?.......Clark is avg 34.6 mpg out of 40 minutes...Most of the minutes she is off the court are basically garbage minutes where the other team's best players are not on the court........I mean, lets not get crazy here.....You take Clark off this team and they are back to being a 100% lottery team.

Trust me, win shares in certain situations are flawed

The fact that KLS before the last game had more offensive wins share than Clark is comical.

Clark having the same amount of defensive win shares as Boston is just as comical

Smith having more defensive win share than Boston is baffling

Indy is already 3 games better than at the same time last season and trending up despite the brutal opening month schedule......Indy has the 4th best overall improvement.

Code:
+-    Team              TY       LY
+10   Seattle          14-7      4-17
+6    Minnesota        15-6      9-12
+5    Phoenix          11-10     6-15
+3    Indiana           9-13     6-16
+2    Connecticut      17-4     15-6
+1    New York         17-4     16-5
 0    Chicago           8-12     8-12
-2    Los Angeles       5-16     7-14
-5    Atlanta           7-13    12-8
-5    Las Vegas         13-7    18-2
-7    Washington        5-17    12-10
-8    Dallas            5-17    13-9
All stats are flawed first and I didn’t say win shares only I said almost every advanced stat. Win shares aren’t that flawed because the top players all lead in win shares. Boston isn’t that great of a defender so it makes sense she wouldn’t have that good of a defensive win share. Also stop bringing up that dumb list showing teams improvement you can’t compare last year for this year then say advanced stats are wrong that’s just stupid and ik you aren’t stupid.

Daps
I think that’s changing it seems like curt trust her alot more I think in the post game he said he was trying to feed her the ball so she’s definitely growing into that role. Tbh I think she’ll be better than brink kinda like how Angel is better than cardoso just because of their ability to do more outside of the post
I definitely seeing her get more touches now. I know the concern early was her defense kept getting her benched and the issue early on was she didnt justify being on the court with anything else if she was having a bad scoring night. Shes been more aggressive on getting rebounds is storing to gel with her team more so its definitely trending up.

Time will tell with brink but she was already one of the better defenders in the league from what I saw she just had issues with fouling obviously. I think brink was also more timid in scoring despite the obvious upside she had with doing it. Brink is still probably a better all around player and I think her offensive struggles were more mental than anything.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Where has this been proven?.......Clark is avg 34.6 mpg out of 40 minutes...Most of the minutes she is off the court are basically garbage minutes where the other team's best players are not on the court........I mean, lets not get crazy here.....You take Clark off this team and they are back to being a 100% lottery team.

Trust me, win shares in certain situations are flawed

The fact that KLS has more offensive wins share than ]

:mjlol:WE KNOW YOU DISMISS EVERY STAT
THAT DOESNT SUPPORT HER
BUT THERES NO WAY YOU
CAN CALL PER A TEAM STAT.

YOU ARENT GETTING
OUT OF THAT ONE.

SECONDLY THEYRE ONLY
A GAME AWAY FROM BEING
A LOTTERY TEAM WITH HER
SO THATS NOT SAYING MUCH.

idk what role player has the averages or defensive attention she gets. Literally averaging double digit assist in recent games so even without her scoring you have what most of the league lacks in a good point guard.

THOSE ASSIST NUMBERS
ARE PADDED AS fukk.

SHE LITERALLY GETS A DIME
ANYTIME SOMEONE SCORES
AFTER ONE OF HER PASSES
REGARDLESS OF WHAT
HAPPENED AFTER SHE PASSED
THE BALL.

Daps

:mjlol:WE KNOW YOU DISMISS EVERY STAT
THAT DOESNT SUPPORT HER
BUT THERES NO WAY YOU
CAN CALL PER A TEAM STAT.

SEONDLY THEYRE ONLY
A GAME AWAY FROM BEING
A LOTTERY TEAM WITH HER
SO THATS NOT SAYING MUCH.

THOSE ASSIST NUMBERS
ARE PADDED AS fukk.

SHE LITERALLY GETS A DIME
ANYTIME SOMEONE SCORES
AFTER ONE OF HER PASSES
REGARDLESS OF WHAT
HAPPENED AFTER SHE PASSED
THE BALL.

If the assist are padded why arent other players as inflated. The nba is literally the same.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Idk about that when caitlin plays the most minutes on the team by a decent amount. They even did better at times when mitchell was out in some of these recent games. I think she makes scoring a lot easier with what she brings whether she is on or off in shooting. You can even tell that in the last games they have played her plus minus is usually one of the highest. The sky play really solid defense so a lot of their losses have been close despite having bad spacing and even won some games early when reese was figuring it out in the early games. The fever pretty much had noone to lean on in that early schedule and were having straight up blowouts early in the season. You can argue that the team starting playing better when caitlin started playing better and the offense is night and day when shes off and on the court. She even kind of shores up bostons biggest weakness against bigger centers where they are getting caught off balance more often than not so she doesnt have to bang to get her shot off.
the Sky play good defense because of Angel and Angel alone the min she sits the defense is terrible she has the best defense rating on her team by five points and the second best offensive rating . Also I would agree that having Caitlin helps I never said it didn’t but it also helps Caitlin that she has two girls who can go get a bucket also Mitchell just as recently got healthy that’s when they went on the win streak so that’s why first couple games she was bad no doubt. Also Caitlin offensive rating is bad just as bad as her defensive rating

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
I definitely seeing her get more touches now. I know the concern early was her defense kept getting her benched and the issue early on was she didnt justify being on the court with anything else if she was having a bad scoring night. Shes been more aggressive on getting rebounds is storing to gel with her team more so its definitely trending up.

Time will tell with brink but she was already one of the better defenders in the league from what I saw she just had issues with fouling obviously. I think brink was also more timid in scoring despite the obvious upside she had with doing it. Brink is still probably a better all around player and I think her offensive struggles were more mental than anything.
To me brink never was that great offensively even in college she’s definitely gonna be good tho I just think rickea potential is higher as a wing

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Here we go...Its been clear the league doesnt care that much. Between the olympics and how she doesnt get the star whistle so this isnt really a argument.

1. TEAM USA HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH THE WNBA.

OF COURSE THEY DONT CARE.

THEY DONT GIVE AF ABOUT TV RATINGS
THEY JUST WANT GOLD.

2. SHE DOES GET A STAR WHISTLE.

SHES ONLY TAKEN 40 SHOTS
AT THE RIM ALL SEASON
AND STILL AVERAGES 4 FREE THROWS
PER GAME.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Here we go...Its been clear the league doesnt care that much. Between the olympics and how she doesnt get the star whistle so this isnt really an argument.
She doesn’t get a star whistle because she doesn’t drive to the paint you can’t get a whistle shooting 12 threes outta 17 shots lol. But her team definitely gets a better whistle than they should.