Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
Is that true about Angel? If so, that's dumb on her part because it's helping paint the narrative that she's bothered by CC. Would Angel have refused to talk to the media if they had lost to..... the Storm? :jbhmm:

Bad look... these chicks all need to grow up.... including the vets lol

Refuse to talk to the media but go pop shyt on social media that night “non jealous” brehettes.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that true about Angel? If so, that's dumb on her part because it's helping paint the narrative that she's bothered by CC. Would Angel have refused to talk to the media if they had lost to..... the Storm? :jbhmm:

Bad look... these chicks all need to grow up.... including the vets lol

:mjgrin::mjgrin:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps

She just went at ole girl the next quarter

I belive that Clark and Reese talk they shyt . I believe that’s why Reese got pushed and Clark got hip checked

Shyt happens it’s basketball

I think folks making way to big a deal out of it

BG was tossing Boston around like a rag doll last year

Kp said her rookie introduction was Dt elbowing her in the midsection then blowing a kiss

It's been happening in every league since the beginning of time. You can tell who just started watching the WNBA a month ago :russ:

My problem with all of this CC shyt is that black folks are coming out defendiing her as if sheh doesn't have an entire nation behind her. To the dumb negroes reading this post, "she doesn't need your help. Millions of kkrakkers are supporting her". A lot of these youtube content creators are trying to get monotized, but this Clark shyt will blow over after this season. Yall need to be preparing for the 2027 draft in 4 years. It will be more teams (in a more dilluted league) and a lot of prospects coming in that are in their sophmore season at the moment. Then the 2028 draft will have even more players and 2031 with Jordan Speller is going to be the shyt.

The problem with what the media is doing by blaming her teammates and coach is that no free agent will want to go to Indiana to play on that team. So the only way she's gong to be able to win is sign somewhere as an unrestricted free agent after years of putting up points and losing. All of you thinking you're doing her a favor is hurting her chances of ever winning anything in Indiana because they aren't gonna trade her due to the money she's making them.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
It's been happening in every league since the beginning of time. You can tell who just started watching the WNBA a month ago :russ:

My problem with all of this CC shyt is that black folks are coming out defendiing her as if sheh doesn't have an entire nation behind her. To the dumb negroes reading this post, "she doesn't need your help. Millions of kkrakkers are supporting her". A lot of these youtube content creators are trying to get monotized, but this Clark shyt will blow over after this season. Yall need to be preparing for the 2027 draft in 4 years. It will be more teams (in a more dilluted league) and a lot of prospects coming in that are in their sophmore season at the moment. Then the 2028 draft will have even more players and 2031 with Jordan Speller is going to be the shyt.

The problem with what the media is doing by blaming her teammates and coach is that no free agent will want to go to Indiana to play on that team. So the only way she's gong to be able to win is sign somewhere as an unrestricted free agent after years of putting up points and losing. All of you thinking you're doing her a favor is hurting her chances of ever winning anything in Indiana because they aren't gonna trade her due to the money she's making them.

There's no need to shyt on CC just for being white. Black sports watchers do not care that much.

Yes, we understand how racist whites get down

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
Yup. Those vets got more money, but in the process created a hard cap that stripped roster spots from teams because of it.

Not this upcoming new CBA, but the current one before it.
Yes the WNBA has a hard cap like NFL and teams have to make choices on which players to give their max contracts to. It's the primary reason Dallas traded Marina Mabrey, the Liberty, the Liberty traded Natasha Howard, etc. Also the vets make more money overseas and that allows them to sign cheaper deals on loaded rosters.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
I'm a 90's baby, I just saying that the men who watched the old days that act like the shyt was a survival of the fittest, shouldn't be clutching their pearls just saying. :hubie:
I feel that’s part of the problem. Silver sanitized the NBA so much with that “Freedom of Movement” a lot of viewers new to the WNBA are confused by the physical play

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
She has the greenest of lights but she can’t get separation most of the time to get a shot up

It’s different in the league than in college
They said that about Steph. If she can get it vs South Carolina and LSU, she can get it vs dem old hoes

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yes the WNBA has a hard cap like NFL and teams have to make choices on which players to give their max contracts to. It's the primary reason Dallas traded Marina Mabrey, the Liberty, the Liberty traded Natasha Howard, etc. Also the vets make more money overseas and that allows them to sign cheaper deals on loaded rosters.
Yikes

Doesn't expire until 2027 also

mag357

Superstar
Daps

These idiots think this caping will save her. Just putting a bigger target on her back. These broads don’t even have real money to lose. They are doing CC a disservice and she’d be smart to adamantly tell them to shut the fukk up. That’s gain her way more respect than letting these talking heads treat her like a make a wish kid

nikkaz don't be seeing the plays. Not the basketball plays but the social impact plays.

They was doing this with Luka. And still do

I remember when old boy called him a name or something and they made this big deal about it.
Saying nikkaz was hating on him because he's the better than all them.

Its the same thing play... 2 craccaz that play terrible basketball, and people would be calling them out but instead they get praise. But they keep switching up narratives.

Luka and harden play the same nasty ass way but harden is a better facilitator but only one gets criticized.

Angel Reese and Clark are both rookies
And both are playing like ass cheeks and need to get better but one is supposed to be a "generational talent".

And black people are falling for this crap smh

Mars

Superstar
Daps
One thing I noticed is that the normal in-studio host was not there.....It was Lachina/Peck....I hope that loudmouth Elle Duncan didn't ruin it for the other 2 girls......E.Duncan had a little rant last week that I thought was a little odd with her being the WNBA in-studio host

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
One thing I noticed is that the normal in-studio host was not there.....It was Lachina/Peck....I hope that loudmouth Elle Duncan didn't ruin it for the other 2 girls......E.Duncan had a little rant last week that I thought was a little odd with her being the WNBA in-studio host

If those WNBA players are letting the media gas them up in how they treat CC and Reese, then that league going to be in trouble as more and more players with notoriety start coming into the league.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
They said that about Steph. If she can get it vs South Carolina and LSU, she can get it vs dem old hoes
Read Henry Orbit's post about what Adam Silver did to the league. When Steph came in, he was hitting 3s and scoring, but until rules got changed an dthey allowed GS to set 45 illegal screens per game, they never went past the 2nd round. After being eliminated in the first round by the clippers in 2014, everything instatnly changed overnight. Not because Curry and the Warriors got better in the summer, it's because of what the league allowed them to do for ratings.