Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The casting been incredible.

:mjcry:

Spencer Haywood and Kareem

Wood Harris is an incredible actor.

John C Reilly was the correct call its tough to pull of being a womanizing scumbag and still being someone you empathize with because he really came from the bottom and we're still a couple of years from the Lakers being the powerhouse of the 80 and early 90s then again during the 2000s.

Jerry West went from being a drunken misanthrope to a guy you just want to see win because he bleeds yellow and purple.

Seeing Pat Riley go from ex player to announcer to asst coach.

Jack McKinney stubborn as fukk but I can't totally blame him, dudes basketball mind was way ahead of its time and this was his chance.to prove he was a genius.

Even Jeannie going from intern to someone who enjoyed the job on its own merits instead of being a daddys girl.

Magic exorcising his demons by exercising his dikk :francis:
Purple and gold. :ufdup:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Co-sign on Wood Harris being great this episode :wow:

Jack :francis:, Buss was about to back him until he saw how bad his memory was :picard:

Kareem on his yoga ish, while Magic stays doing a different kind of stretching :mjlit:

Watching the little post interviews they do and seeing the actress who plays Jeanie Buss with blond hair :leon:

yeah, felt bad for Jack, but this TV version of him had to go based on how they did the story.

Mama Buss :mjcry: (always had a crush on Sally Field for some odd reason :guilty: )

Hughes killing it as Cap. :wow:

They got Earv acting the damn fool :dead: (he had strung Cookie along for over a decade IRL tho :yeshrug: )

Jeanie kinda cute :ehh:

Cap teachin Earv the hook :wow:

Reilly killed it this episode

They really got Logo acting like a lunatic, I'd be salty too but it makes for GREAT tv :pachaha:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Show is enjoyable to me. Mostly good casting, especially with John C. Reilly as Jerry Buss. Quincy Isaiah definitely looks like a young Magic.

Wood Harris’s characters seem to always have bad experiences on basketball courts (Above the Rim, The Wire). I first thought “isn’t he too old to be playing an NBA player?”. Then I saw pics of Spencer Haywood on the Lakers, he looked old as fukk.

I realize movies and shows are always going to have inaccuracies, but I feel like some of them aren’t even necessary.

A couple episodes were directed by Salli Richardson. One of the finest women of the 90s.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Show is enjoyable to me. Mostly good casting, especially with John C. Reilly as Jerry Buss. Quincy Isaiah definitely looks like a young Magic.

Wood Harris’s characters seem to always have bad experiences on basketball courts (Above the Rim, The Wire). I first thought “isn’t he too old to be playing an NBA player?”. Then I saw pics of Spencer Haywood on the Lakers, he looked old as fukk.

I realize movies and shows are always going to have inaccuracies, but I feel like some of them aren’t even necessary.

A couple episodes were directed by Salli Richardson. One of the finest women of the 90s.

497873660.jpg

was only 30 there

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kareem being there for Spencer at his lowest moment when nobody was there. It was a special moment told him look at your beautiful daughter, half of that you. A beautiful black man. My beautiful brother. A champion.

People really be out here fighting demons but deep down inside all they really want is somebody to be there, show them some compassion and give them a hug let ‘em you here and everything gonna be okay.