Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

Daps
Since the show was announced to be in the works in 2019:

-Magic has a multi-part documentary being produced. (Being dropped in two days)
-Jeanie has a nine part documentary coming soon to Hulu. (Announced last year)

Now that the show has taken off in popularity, in the last 24 hours:

-Kareem’s op-Ed
-Jerry West demands retraction.

Hit dog will holler???:jbhmm::jbhmm:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
That’s the problem with just saying, “Oh, it’s just a dramatization,” that Pearlman is running with. A lot of people still believe clearly made up shyt is real and fact based. Look how people talk in this very thread. “This stuff probably did happen.” When the writers have demonstrated repeatedly that they are willing to create wholly fabricated scenarios, plot points, and character deficiencies for the sake of TV. I love this show, but I know it’s mostly a work of fiction. Most people cannot entertain something without accepting it as true. Aristotle said that and it’s real.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
When Straight Outta Compton came out, there were some that were pissed Dre and Cube were able to change the narrative some to their liking. But it was their movie and they were executive producers - that was bound to happen.

With this show, to get the blessing of everyone involved would have been murder - Magic would have acted like a saint, Buss family would have had less sex escapades for Dr Buss, etc.

I can see Riley asking for his own mini-series :takedat:

HBO was never going to be able to please them
I figured that they would change some things to make themselves look better. My issue was the film not having any black writers, and the head writer being a cac woman who admitted to not listening to rap ever.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I get players being mad but this is show not a documentary and deep down inside, these guys probably know this stuff is closer to the truth than they would like

The fact that you think that this is closer to the truth is all the more reason why West should take legal action. They're spitting on his name and reputation with little bearing on reality. I get it, even though I've enjoyed the show.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Honest question, in light of Jerry West’s proposed lawsuit, is there anyone who doesn’t like the character on the show? Like think he’s a bad person or a villain?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that you think that this is closer to the truth is all the more reason why West should take legal action. They're spitting on his name and reputation with little bearing on reality. I get it, even though I've enjoyed the show.

Exactly if its not 100% true then u can't blame Jerry West