Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
If you read the link I posted in a couple of posts above yours, he actually wanted to wear Converse shoes because that is what he wore at UNC. But Converse already had Magic and Bird and they wouldn't match the deal that Nike gave him 500000 for 5 years and his own shoe.

Adidas. They were number 1 in the game back then.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In 1979/80 and Phil Knight walks up on you with that deal do you take it

No.

Not even Michael Jordan wanted to sign with Nike initially. He lucked up and it became a once in a lifetime great decision but Magic got $100k as a ROOKIE back in the early 80’s. I’m sure adjusted for inflation thats a pretty penny and he also got MORE than Bird, who was the great white hope.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah she was a straight opportunist and Magic checked her and her father its just that her father was more valuable to keep around.
I think it could be both. I think she did love him but that is probably her nature. If Magic worked at a shoe store like Bryan she’d still have been pushy and doing too much just at a smaller scale obviously.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Nike were nobodies when they approached Jordan too. Difference is Jordan took the deal though because he eventually saw the vision.
They weren't nobodies when Jordan signed in ‘84. Carl Lewis was a Nike athlete at the ‘84 Olympics and they signed a bunch if NBA players like Dennis Johnson, George Gervin, Moses Malone and a few others by the early 80s.

This is from 1982
ETe9KnTX0AIJcsm.jpg

Jordan signed because they offered a huge bag and a signature shoe.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
cmon now, they coming off the free love 60's and coke & smoke disco orgy 70's, that shyt won't scandalous even for those times.

The whole world wasn’t on that, it was called counter culture for a reason.

They make it seem mainstream now because the kids from that time are now the old geezers with all the power and influence.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The whole world wasn’t on that, it was called counter culture for a reason.

They make it seem mainstream now because the kids from that time are now the old geezers with all the power and influence.

yea and people forget or simply don't correlate Reagan's presidency in part due to the rise of that counter culture of the 60s & 70s

shyt was Trump before Trump down to the MAGA slogan