Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They gonna have to be squeezing shyt into episodes later with the way it's been paced so far.

they’re going to montage their way through the season. Stopping for key storyline points. The meat of the book is the post season, the mini biographies for each key Laker and all the work Jerry West would put in during the off season.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
They gonna have to be squeezing shyt into episodes later with the way it's been paced so far.
As in the book? cuz if the show starting in 79 and magic last finals appearance was in 91 then they got at least 5 seasons if they want. shyt they dont get big game james til 82
F that, gimme the asian broad
i aint wanna say it first but thats lowkey who i was looking at more :wow:

sista had the tiddies but when they first showed her i wasnt digging that face at all. Especially when cookie out here looking like the fullllll package.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find that hard to believe

Why open w/Magic getting diagnosed if they're not gonna get that far or do a huge time jump? We're three episodes in and Magic hasn't played a single game
This isn’t a limited series, there’ll be more seasons, they just haven’t been greenlit yet.
It’s been dubbed a mini series. There is a article where a HBO executive talks about following other eras in Season 2

.In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Casey Bloys of HBO discussed the follow-up to focus on the Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant-era of the Lakers. He said, “If the stories are there and the different eras are there, why not keep exploring it?” Bloys also confirmed that the network has, “quietly optioned Pearlman’s follow-up, which takes readers through the Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal era of the Lakers.”

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this season of the show is only about Magics first season, but the way it starts tells me they hope to get more seasons.

My question is how are they able to tell this story, like this, since from what I've heard all the main characters (Magic, West) didn't approve the story.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this season of the show is only about Magics first season, but the way it starts tells me they hope to get more seasons.

My question is how are they able to tell this story, like this, since from what I've heard all the main characters (Magic, West) didn't approve the story.
It’s considered public domain and anybody can write or make a movie about anybody it just has to be accurate. You only can get sued if you include things that can be considered defamation, libel etc. if they had Jerry West having sex with a underaged girl that never happened he would win a lawsuit against them for example. I’m also sure their dramatized warning at the end of the episode gives them a lot of leeway to get creative.

Daps
It’s been dubbed a mini series. There is a article where a HBO executive talks about following other eras in Season 2

Didn’t realize you were talking about this Magic story specifically. I had read that Hollywood Reporter article where they said the writers were working on season 2 even tho it hadn’t been greenlit.