Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I cant believe the dude that plays Tarkanian is the same dude from Dazed and Confused.:ohhh:
That mf aged like milk. Gotdamn.:picard:

3e142f5f388581e37d219f2122a8f7ec.jpg
screenshot-app.screeners.com-2022.03.17-21_35_11-1.jpg

That movie came out 30 years ago

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to my knowledge nothing ever happened between them. They consider each other like siblings cuz they about the same age and grew up in the organization. If they put it in the show its just for fukkery.

Tark kept asking him how deep he was in it and even though he said he was "good" im guessing he wasnt. Prolly was doing some shyt on the side.
Apparently he was indebted to them and trying to pay it off. But I was reading a article about the killing and they left a gold Rolex,30k in cash and just took the briefcase with the Lakers contract. So the MOB did not want him to leave probably do to point shaving

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It’s hilarious how bitter Jerry West was about all them finals loses. I don’t blame him tho that’s crazy.

People try to clown bron for losing 6 times but at least there were some wins mixed in

Shocked Jerry never swung on Red Auerbach :dead:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
to my knowledge nothing ever happened between them. They consider each other like siblings cuz they about the same age and grew up in the organization. If they put it in the show its just for fukkery..

pretty much.

Dr Buss viewed Magic as a son. Jeanie views him as her bro. There's a reason that after he quit a couple of years ago that he was chilling with her the next day. :yeshrug:

I do hope they don't make up some bullshyt romance between them.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A lot really. For one, Donald Sterling fronted Buss a lot of the money he needed to buy the team. I think he bought a couple buildings off him for the cash needed. The dinner Magic had with Buss and Cooke happened like that. And him partying with Jerry is true but there werent any details of what happened. Just that drugs were present but Magic never partook. The Norm/Magic one on one wasn’t in the book but apparently it really happened. All the Magic shyt at home was for tv. So was all the Red Auerobach stuff.

I already touched on the Jerry West stuff.

Oh good, you read the book. Definitely gotta check your posts after the show to see how much they fabricated.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
mom's a whole debbie downer

yeah, I think her means was to keep him grounded. The fact she spoke about how proud of him so lovingly and openly everywhere and with everyone else except lets you know.

Again though, who knows if this was just TV dramatization of her.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So did they merk homeboy because the mob was betting on unlv or something? Warning To tark?
In the book they say that he was in a lot of debt. He put out the image that he was balling and owned multiple car dealerships, a big house and the car on the show. In reality he was a paid consultant of the dealerships,house owned by an associate, and the car was leased.
He had run up 60K in gambling debts and was being made to deliver laundered cash from LA to Vegas. One of his colleagues believed Weiss was skimming off the top of the transactions. He was warned to stop and didn’t and police suspected that’s why he was killed.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That scene is still important to set up Magic ultra competitiveness. Like, maniac level competitiveness… he’s right there with MJ.

Yup. Don't let that smile fool you. All of these all time greats are a$$holeS and ULTRA competitive.