Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Oh good, you read the book. Definitely gotta check your posts after the show to see how much they fabricated.

So Cooke was way more involved with trying to get Tark as coach. Him and Jerry engineered this entire off season together i believe. Obviously you can see by the articles that his mans really was found in a trunk just as he was on his way to sign with the Lakers. It scared him to death and he stayed in college.

All the Magic and Norm stuff wasn’t in the book. But they’re setting up their epic and real rivalry on and off the court with Norm trying to “take him under his wing”. I believe the book mentions Magic becoming friends with pimps and fukking prostitutes too.

The Riley-West scene was made up too although I’m sure they talked a lot. That scene was just to set up how much they have in common with their haunted pasts and father issues. Pat really did have trouble getting to his interview with Chick tho.

We’re going to see a lot of Jack McKinney love in the next episode I’m sure cause Pearlman really gives him a lot of props as the architect of Showtime who never got his real credit. I won’t spoil anything but Pearlman called him the greatest coach you’ve never heard of.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Pat Riley down bad, but at least he has Britta from Community as his wife and she's a shrink :leon:

Jerry West when his wife mentioned starting a family :ld::scusthov:

New coach recruit has mob ties :ohhh::francis::dead:

Magic just touched down in LA an already found fukkery :mjgrin:

This was summer 79, like I said in another post at least more than half of these coaches are of Italian decent at the time, also this was around the same time (or at least close) as the Boston College scandal when the mob (believe it was a mob family that was close to Henry Hill) that was paying players to shave points.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Also I grew up in Lansing, Mi and even though its set in an earlier time the locations/sets look NOTHING LIKE Lansing lol

that kinda stuff really becomes glaring when it's a place ur familiar with and they substitute another city.

this was running rampant in the last season of shameless when they attempted to pass exterior locations in los angeles for chicago. it actually becomes distracting.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
that kinda stuff really becomes glaring when it's a place ur familiar with and they substitute another city.

this was running rampant in the last season of shameless when they attempted to pass exterior locations in los angeles for chicago. it actually becomes distracting.

yeah, when you actually know what a place is like and supposed to be and you see shyt, it's like :dahell: . Yall can't even take the time to show photos/videos of what a place is on the outside then use the TV/Movie set?

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Jeff Pearlman is the author.
Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s

I read the orgy part from Reddit, the

"He'd order people to start doing things. All you had to be was near a chick. There were guys who would yell, 'Magic, she's not getting busy! She's not!' He'd run over and she'd get busy."

paragraph had me :dead:

Also imagine being told by your mom's that she was involved in one of Magic Johnson's orgies :dead:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
They gonna have to be squeezing shyt into episodes later with the way it's been paced so far.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I read the orgy part from Reddit, the

"He'd order people to start doing things. All you had to be was near a chick. There were guys who would yell, 'Magic, she's not getting busy! She's not!' He'd run over and she'd get busy."

paragraph had me :dead:

Also imagine being told by your mom's that she was involved in one of Magic Johnson's orgies :dead:
The book intimated that Magic used to smash chicks in the Forum closets during games.