Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
One scene I found interesting was back in episode 2 where one of the owners was expressing "the fans" and his own concern about the NBA's image and it turning into "A thug league".....and it turning away "normal families" or something to that degree. :mjpls:

These sentiments towards Black players were felt loooooong before Hip-Hop Culture, which is often used as a scapegoat.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
One scene I found interesting was back in episode 2 where one of the owners was expressing "the fans" and his own concern about the NBA's image and it turning into "A thug league".....and it turning away "normal families" or something to that degree. :mjpls:

These sentiments towards Black players were felt loooooong before Hip-Hop Culture, which is often used as a scapegoat.

NBA used to have way more fights during the games (& brutal ones at that) back in the day

along with :mjpls:, that was a primary reason for the image problem for the NBA...it really shows you how much Magic & Bird changed the trajectory for the NBA

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Some shyt don’t ever change. They were crying about “streetball” taking away from the fundamentals back than too.

Bird was the best thing to ever happen to the league. Magic being a natural foe for him was just icing on the cake.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
NBA used to have way more fights during the games (& brutal ones at that) back in the day

along with :mjpls:, that was a primary reason for the image problem for the NBA...it really shows you how much Magic & Bird changed the trajectory for the NBA
It was the rampant drug use more than anything. The show will touch on it a bit more.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s hilarious how bitter Jerry West was about all them finals loses. I don’t blame him tho that’s crazy.

People try to clown bron for losing 6 times but at least there were some wins mixed in

Only different is that Bron will try front it, always look for excuses and always change the narrative. Jerry West just straight up straight to tell you the truth, accept the L but couldn't stand the people :cape: for him.

Remmy they tried to give the FMVP to LeBron even if he loses the finals. You know damn well LeBron would be happy about it.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The Pat Riley character arc should be interesting.

Also, they have no problem with not being politically correct and keeping it 100.

Chick Hearn: "You sound faggy"

Mrs Tarkanian: "I'm not going to vacuum floors in a mansion"

Jerry Tarkanian: "That's what Mexicans are for" :mjlol:
Yeah Pat Riley started as an announcer and became one of the greatest coaches of all time

Dyin to see how Jerry West becomes the GM too

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so glad they not choose Will Ferrell to play as Jerry Buss, they don't look alike at all. if they picked Will to play Buss, you still can't take him serious, will look at him as Will Ferrell, not the character. They made the right decision with John C. Reilly, and you see him as Jerry Buss. John C. Reilly did the real good job as Jerry Buss. Will Ferrell needs to chill the fukk out.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I'm so glad they not choose Will Ferrell to play as Jerry Buss, they don't look alike at all. if they picked Will to play Buss, you still can't take him serious, will look at him as Will Ferrell, not the character. They made the right decision with John C. Reilly, and you see him as Jerry Buss. John C. Reilly did the real good job as Jerry Buss. Will Ferrell needs to chill the fukk out.
Like Steve Harvey getting salty about getting passed over in favor of Bernie Mac in "Ocean's Eleven". He would have been a straight dud.