Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah that's something that might be lost on younger ppl; Magics generation was the one that made pro ballers superstars like that

Also now I'm confused about the shows timeline: I thought it was about the whole era but we're about to start episode 3 and Magic had yet to play a game
I’m assuming they’re gonna do multiple seasons. Season 1 probably ends with Magic winning the ship while playing center. The book was the same way really. Basically every chapter was a different season and each season had a focus on a different key laker not named Magic. But the meat of the book was all the stuff off the court and in the off season.

I really hope they go the distance with this show cause the Isiah stuff was some of my favorite shyt in the book. Isiah looking at Magic like a big brother, until he became formidable than their relationship deteriorated. Gonna make GREAT tv.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Artemus Gordon on IG denies that ever happened. Give him a follow and after the episodes hell confirm what did or didn't happened.
Bet. I think i heard on a podcast that it was real but they probably didn’t know what they were taking about.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Anybody read the book it's based on?
yup...must read for any Lakers fan. All those Roland Lazenby books are. The Jerry West one...the Phil Jackson one...the Kobe one.

Most of the shyt that's in the book you can separate from the sensationalized shyt. Like Magic in Michigan. He was working on his craft everywhere he could. But the book made no mention of him knockin down hoes in the church parking lot or humiliating shoe store broke boys. Jerry West was tormented by the Boston losses. The balloon story absolutely happened. They never said he was breaking golf clubs, tossing around trophies or sleeping on the floor when he didn't get his way. One cool thing they kinda show but don't explain is Jerry West outside in the rain shooting til his hands bleed on an unpaved makeshift court. In his book he explains the condition of the court caused him to bounce the ball harder and elevate as the ball was in mid bounce which is how he developed his unguardable pull up jumper.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I couldn't imagine Will as Buss, would've been miscast like cray

WQRmNwW9KMpon7BgiR8tQh.jpg