Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Magic pushing up to the game to Rapper’s Delight, putting the jewelry in Cookie’s hand, and SONNING this nikka in front of the whole court… this nikka EARVIN was a pure scumbag before he even put on the gold & purple

im saying...dude was ruthless...i would have had to swing on him after that

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
digging the show. 90s baby but as i became a bball fan i started to learn the history of the greats so i know a lil bit bout em. I fukks with the casting in this. Gotta be cool as fukk for devaughn to be playing his dad in this (norm nixon). Hope they keep him around for awhile. Ready for the draft and shyt already though. Tryna see how the cac plays larry legend.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
So Brian just let Magic hoe him like that and ain’t grab the roscoe? Didn’t turn the game into a boxing match? :mjtf:

“Oh, you thinking about her soul! Well quiet as it’s kept? I fukked that too!”

Gotta be a top 3 most etherous line ever put to film. :picard:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
My wife and I were watching this and I was telling her that I don’t think black parents like that exist anymore. Like the super hard line, military or Christian folks who can’t see the bigger picture
I might be in the minority, but I think his parents saw the big picture very clearly.
It worked out greatly for Magic, but had he gotten injured or washed out of the league his parents' points about education and stability would be seen for the smart advice that it was.

. Underneath the Hollywood flash, Magic's success in and outside of basketball is because of that solid Mid West family structure and values from them. I'm old enough to remember when they would show his father in feature segments the way they would show Sarge in segments about Shaq years later.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Can you explain further? I'm a little lost. The Boston owner (Red) was a big deal.

irv levin was a Hollywood film producer. He wanted to own a team in Cali but there was no way in hell the NBA would let him move the Celts. So he decided to swap franchises and moved the Braves (Clips) out to San Diego.

Red was the President/GM and former coach. He had free reign on talent for most of his run. He had a crazy eye for talent and dedication to winning. He was a God in Boston.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I might be in the minority, but I think his parents saw the big picture very clearly.
It worked out greatly for Magic, but had he gotten injured or washed out of the league his parents' points about education and stability would be seen for the smart advice that it was.

. Underneath the Hollywood flash, Magic's success in and outside of basketball is because of that solid Mid West family structure and values from them. I'm old enough to remember when they would show his father is feature segments the way they would show Sarge in segments about Shaq years later.
That sounds good to a point, but a lot of times these parents wind up pushing their kids away because of that "structure and values". Magic gets drafted and she immediately shyts on it, he bought her a tub to surprise her and the first thing she does is complain about it. That keeping someone humble or grounded wears thin after a while, especially when that person has enough pressure of carrying a whole franchise.

Last edited: