Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
first scene clearly shows Magic at the clinic seemingly getting his HIV result while looking at Jordan on magazine covers

show is clearly gonna cover the whole Showtime era

Looked more like he got the news and was headed to the press conference. That last episode gon be gut wrenching.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Great first episode.

I’m disappointed that they’re only doing, I think, the 79-80 season. For all the focus on Larry Bird and Red Auerbach (not to mention Jerry West’s angst over the fact that he never could beat Boston), and the fact that the Lakers-Celtics rivalry defined the NBA in the ‘80s, seems a shame that we’re not going to get that far. There’s so much material there.
Magic and Bird literally saved the League.

And MJ came and turned it into a bigger world wide phenomenon

mask.png

Last edited:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Huh? Is this just a one season show or miniseries? Where are you getting that this won’t go beyond 79-80?
first scene clearly shows Magic at the clinic seemingly getting his HIV result while looking at Jordan on magazine covers

show is clearly gonna cover the whole Showtime era
I’ll have to look up where I read it, but I was under the impression that this was just a miniseries covering the beginning of the Showtime Lakers dynasty. I could have misread, though.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
NOT TRUE.

ALI HAD 8 KIDS.
(1 BOY, 7 GIRLS)

3 GOT WITH CACS

:devil:
:evil:
Could've sworn i saw a pic of Ali with all his grandkids and alot of them were mixed looking but i can't find it now.
Edit: maybe it was just because his fam so lightskinned

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not even a week since the premiere and Will already going through it. Wife prolly turned on Winning Time on some “Honey, let’s watch” and hit the :mjcry:

i think dude loves basketball, and that was likely his dream project. John C Reilly probably just in it for check and that irks him to no end.