Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Forgot Norm Nixon wife is Debbie Allen.

Wonder if they gonna show her and who's playing her. :patrice:
Ta'Nika Gibson is playing Debbie Allen. Never heard of her though, probably a small role
MV5BYjQ0MTZkOTItMDE0OC00ZjBmLTliMTUtNTA3NmM4YmU4NWJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc4OTI3Mzg@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
This is amazing!!! I love the way it is filmed.

The thread needs to be way longer!!
Need to merge with the sports one.

I don't know shyt about the Lakers, so I for one love the voiceovers.

:mjcry:at Magic's humble beginnings.

I could not see Will Ferrell as Buss, I will always see Will Ferrell and not the character.

This shyt is going to cleanup at the Emmys.
John Reilly casing was perfect but tbf Ferrell killed it in Shrink Next Door that just came out..Paul Rudd too

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
John Reilly casing was perfect but tbf Ferrell killed it in Shrink Next Door that just came out..Paul Rudd too
John Reilly looks like Buss though. Like legitimately looks like him. Ferrell should have gone for another role or just tried to get executive producer status.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
John Reilly looks like Buss though. Like legitimately looks like him. Ferrell should have gone for another role or just tried to get executive producer status.

Facts, maybe he could’ve done a good job in the role but I think they got the right guy. He could’ve had a side role or a producer role but instead he being bitter….:ld:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I wasn’t too hyped seeing the trailer, but the first episode reeled me in. Very entertaining so far. Like other posters said, casting has been spot on.

However, some folks hating on the portrayal of Jerry West...

Longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti told The Athletic's Bill Oram that he walked away from about $15,000 as an actor and in-house expert on the project because he disagreed with how West was portrayed.

West is seen angrily snapping a golf club, delivering profanity-laced tirades against Bill Sharman and Dr. Jerry Buss, and generally being portrayed as a hard-drinking lunatic — something those who knew him in those days strongly refute. Vitti said when he raised objections to how West and others were being depicted, producers reminded him that it was a dramatization, not a documentary.

“It was a total mischaracterization of Jerry West,” Vitti said.

Jerry West's old office at The Fabulous Forum did not have windows to hurl objects through in anger. None of the Forum's basketball offices did.

West also, to my knowledge, did not keep his 1969 NBA Finals MVP trophy in that office. That scene Sunday night when he supposedly chucked it through glass in frustration because the Los Angeles Lakers drafted Magic Johnson over Sidney Moncrief? Total fabrication.

I'm likewise told West never played golf in a foursome with eventual Lakers owner Jerry Buss and then-Lakers general manager Bill Sharman. Even if he had, I'm quite confident that West — ever the gentleman in public — never would have broken a golf club over his knee or storm away from a putt to engage in a curse-filled shouting match with the regal Sharman.

Winning Time instantly loses credibility

Daps
I wasn’t too hyped seeing the trailer, but the first episode reeled me in. Very entertaining so far. Like other posters said, casting has been spot on.

However, some folks hating on the portrayal of Jerry West...

Winning Time instantly loses credibility

Why do y’all insist on giving fools attention? Who the fukk is he, and why is anyone supposed to give a damn about what he has to say?