Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The season was uneven to me. I still enjoyed it. I'm probably okay with it because I remember that early 80's Westworld TV show. It was some typical story of the week setup, but it was the two main characters, stopping the evil company scientist, who would replace the wealthy clients with hosts. Seeing how HBO is giving this three more seasons to wrap things up, this definitely feels like a middle chapter. It's clear that the end of season 2, the William we saw, is the host William at the end of this episode. Caleb is going to be recast to an older actor for the next three seasons, with Aaron Paul in flashbacks.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
This is what puzzled me. The scene in and of itself was one of the better acted scenes....but completely disconnected with everything else that was going on. Maybe the point was to let us know that Dolores was named after Arnold's wife....?? And how long was Bernard sitting there collecting dust at the end? Did he BUY that room? How the hell didn't someone come in there and pull him out after that much time? This season was more of a mess than Season 2.

And I know the boy Stubb's was injured but did he just die in the tub without trying to help? Or did Bernard enter a future world mentally?

I would have preferred a Bernard/Stubb's buddy mission the whole season as opposed to what we got :francis:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So we not gon mention Maeve getting washed again by Dolores?

I'm wondering if the writing in season 1 was this bad but was just carried by the great acting because the writing this season was awful. And watching Gangs of London over the weekend made WW action scenes look even more terrible than they already were. Dolores turning into Joan Wick should've been :blessed: but it just looked bad all around.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Makes sense now in ep7 when Delores had some weird look at soloman just before she presses the emp, she gets the access info about rehoboam from soloman so she can transfer it from serac to caleb. The USB was just misdirection so she gets hooked up to rehoboam to switch the access
:wow:

Great season

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
So we not gon mention Maeve getting washed again by Dolores?

I'm wondering if the writing in season 1 was this bad but was just carried by the great acting because the writing this season was awful. And watching Gangs of London over the weekend made WW action scenes look even more terrible than they already were. Dolores turning into Joan Wick should've been :blessed: but it just looked bad all around.
I have a feeling Nolan probably is just writing less of the individual episodes this season, I could be wrong but that’s what I was thinking. This season was definitely uneven but the finale was dope as fukk and for me salvaged a slightly disappointing season into something that was pretty good.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
On one hand i like how alot of my questions were answered in the finale episode.....on the other hand, alot of this shyt could've been answered in the earlier episodes.

The ai speaking for breh
Pinkman's military escapades
MIB's ending
That criminal app could've beem developed at more

This felt like season 3 part 1 but stretched out with filler.

And how Delores "choose" Pinkman? He found her leaking and passed out under a bridge when her original plans when to hell. Plus Pinkman seemed really chill for a guy "prone to acts of exteme violence". :mjlol: talk about miscasting. He looked like a kid in a military costume next to those other soldiers.

And that fight scene :russ:i was ready to see what camera tricks they'd pull to make this frail looking man look like a badass.:pachaha:his opponent broke his own neck:deadrose:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Man, I thought the season started good but shyt got shaky at the end. Throwing a random Benard/Arnold reunion with his old flame. Wasted William/Man in black whole storyline. Maeve waits until after Delores is damn near deleted to "wake up" and see Serac was using her. Everything outside the Dolores and Caleb storyline was flimsy. Visually it's probably the best show on TV, I just have no clue what to expect or who I should be rooting for next season 2 years from now