Official Watchmen Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
So weird that a staff member is in a thread about Watchmen calling poster "fakkits" and making inflammatory remarks about a president just because he made a list with the show on it. Like what does that have to do with the show and why is a staff member engaging in TLR tactics to derail the thread?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Episode 8- It's a testament how much I like this show that I'm sticking through the time jump theme. I hate time travel and Jon's explanations about how it operates makes my head hurt and also reminds me of the thing I liked least about the novel. But it does tie up some a few things. I am nervous about whether they'll be able to tie up everything in one episode. It just seems like a lot to settle and this is the baby of the guy responsible for one of the worst finales in TV history. I's nervous. :sadcam:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Ep 7- The amount of trauma and loss Angela has experience is just tragic. And I'm so disappointed in Laurie. lol. How the hell did she just sit there and let that happen? Crawford's wife clicked that trap door remote 3 times and she didn't even move because she was trying to figure out what she was doing. Even if she wasn't sure what was happening, she knew that the woman was married to a corrupt white supremacist and pointing something at her. :francis: She's supposed to be smarter and quicker than that.

Holy shyt @ that Dr. Manhattan reveal! I can't believe Angela knew? WTF. Actually this explains so much about their relationship and Cal. It also may explain why I find Cal so hot. lol. Even in the graphic novel, I found Dr. Manhattan's stoicism and emotional detachment kinda sexy :manny:

So does this mean that Laurie and Angela are gonna have beef? Will there be a catfight over Jon? :smugfavre:

funniest thing about this ep for me was Angela seeing the folks talking in the booths and hitting the :stopitslime: when she saw Laurie on the phone.

Before the reveal, you'd think she just didn't like Laurie

After the reveal you realize she's literally watching her man's ex trying to call him :mjlol:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
funniest thing about this ep for me was Angela seeing the folks talking in the booths and hitting the :stopitslime: when she saw Laurie on the phone.

Before the reveal, you'd think she just didn't like Laurie

After the reveal you realize she's literally watching her man's ex trying to call him :mjlol:
:lupe::gladbron::mjlol::lolbron:

I can't wait to watch this entire series again with new eyes. I'm actually putting off watching the last episode because the last one shook me up more than I realized. That love thing Angela and Jon have was fantastically portrayed and I'm worried about how this will all end.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Don't really need to be a season 2 but if there is it gotta be Lindelof. I could see them going with a different creator if they pick up the series in a different time period with different characters. WATCHMEN could conceivably work as an anthology series.

If it's these characters then it has to be Lindelof :whew:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Ep 6- DAMN. This is a LOT. So Crawford really was that cop that strung Angela's grandpa up? And there's that Asian lady again. Hmm.

This entire episode really hit an emotional note I wasn't prepared for. I was not expecting them to go more in-depth into the generational trauma. The memory pill is a fantastic idea. I'm still a little suspicious though about whether these are pure memories or if they've been tampered with. I don't trust the government here, or anywhere lol.

And Holy shyt. Angela's grandfather whooping KKK ass was so fukking satisfying and awesome. He's like a 1950's black batman lol. And wow he's bisexual? I did not see that coming at all. I loved the tie in (and dig) about Hoover being gay and having a secret lover. Not sure how I feel about his wife being the little baby in the field. That's kinda icky.

I think it's interesting and oh so typical how the Hooded Justice gets embraced celebrated and immortalized as an American Hero when he's perceived as white. :stopitslime:The shot of Will removing his white make-up when he gets home is fantastic. And the theatre playing 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' during the riot when Will shows up :banderas: Was not expecting Will go pop off like that at the warehouse and the social programming with black unrest. Just wow! That was awesome. Were the carcasses hanging in the warehouse black men? I'm also digging the parallels between his mask and mission with Angela's Sister Night, his parents and the riot he gets called in as a cop, the entire theme of time circling around again and generation trauma. This show has levels of commentary. LEVELS.

In fact, the racial commentary on this show is unprecedented for a show of this kind. Have we ever seen a superhero/sci-fi/fantasy series on a big name network tackle race like this? I seriously want to know how people feel about it. I have not been checking out the reactions but one thing I have noticed is that certain comic book fan channels on YouTube that review everything related to comic book movies and tv shows have suspiciously not reviewed this particular show, most notably Grace Randolph, Blind Wave, Chris Stuckman, Jeremy Jahns, and AngryJoe. Even when they don't like a comic book adaptation, they always still give their opinion on it. Their silence and refusal to even watch this show or at least acknowledge is very telling. I'll be forever side-eyeing all of them from now on.
I'm on that same episode. It goes even deeper. Bass Reeves was the inspiration for the Lone Ranger. The lone ranger is NEVER played by a black man. In the same vein, Hooded Justice is NEVER played by a black man. Will Reeves story echoes Bass Reeves story. A huge hero that is rarely talked about.

This show really did pull an amazing bait and switch. I didn't think that it would go so deep into white supremacy, ESPECIALLY considering who is behind it. They're not pulling ANY punches.:wow: