Official Watchmen Thread

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Y’all see how even the heroes inspired by him hate blacks?
yep, cant be upset about that. Lets not act like these cac super heros if they were real wouldn't feel the same.:mjpls:

Espescially them back in the 40s. Not on some militant shyt, but lets be real:sas2:
Harlem race riot of 1943.
yeah thats what I was thinking

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
So you coli peasant haven't gif IN with gif yet:scust: slackers !

tenor.gif

:russ:
im late responding to this, has someone made a gif of this yet?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Tonight’s episode was :banderas: It takes hella talent to write concurrent time conversations and events.

they explained A LOT this episode so hopefully the simpletons shut up now.
yeah this is honestly one of if not the best written episode of the season.

very concise and brings everything together

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
My nikka Cal never got to eat those waffles:mjcry:

To the people wondering why Dr. Manhattan "let" himself get zapped: he didn't. Dr. Manhattan isn't omniscient. If you've ever seen the movie Arrival, think of him like that. He experiences his past, present, and future simultaneously. It sounds like predicting the future, but it's not. Time isn't linear for him. Tachyons are hypothetical particles that can move faster than light and it's the only known weakness that Dr. Manhattan has.

Lastly, HBO can do no wrong:wow:
nice to know:ehh:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
seriously tho this felt like a “series finale”...aside from whether or not angela got his powers in which case what is her “threat” and what is her motivation aside from doing more than “jon” did there’s no more story there...unless they run this like true detective and run a new story w/ other characters then I don’t see where else the series goes...if it’s one and done tho I completely understand...really nothing else more for me to want...great fukking season
Yeah, I dont see how this series progresses from here, theres nothing much to cover it seems.

Everything has been wrapped up. Only way I can imagine it continues is if its like a anthology series and each season is differing stories related to Dr. Manhattan, Adrian, and Lauri
Season was good, finale was alright. Said it last week but all of Veidt's story on Europa was just pure filler, and Lindelof pretty much even admits it in this episode with the reveal that the Game Warden was set up by Veidt to give him a challenge while stuck there.

As someone who holds Watchmen in high regard I also can't look past the picking and choosing of what parts of the comic to take for the story they came up with. Someone else already mentioned it but Dr Manhattan being destroyed by a human when he stated no human could ever pose a threat to his existence is a prime example, but there are more. It's a sequel that only uses what is convenient for this story's purpose, which is an ironic laziness since they actually deliver some incredible thought-out and well-constructed character episodes.

Regarding the finale, it suffers from typical 'wrap it up' plotting. Laurie's there with a connection to Jon, Looking Glass is in the midst of the 7th Cavalry in disguise, neither gets anything to do or even experience anything resembling a pay-off for their characters as they are teleported to Antartica only to listen to lazy expository dialogue from Veidt about how he's stopping Trieu. Don’t even get me started about them stuffing even more exposition in the final two minutes just to set up that lazy-ass Inception ending.

The series overall was good but like I feel about most tv-shows, if this is supposed to be amongst the best that television has to offer, folks need to check their standards.
I imagine if your attached to the comic and source material. The series has alot of issues espescially with Manhattan being killed.

whereas if you just whatever, the series is almost perfect.

I think the series is great, but I can see the issues some will have with it

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just finished Episode 3. OMG!

Laurie's back and she's on an ANTI-VIGILANTE task force? LOL. This is fukking amazing. I love, love how jaded and hard she's become since the end of the novel. Poor thing. That whole long winded joke about heroes being judged and the brick was brilliantly executed. I laughed with her when Jon dropped the car. Like that's some long distance romance. It was just really satisfying. They still got a thing going on.

I love too that both her and Angela stopped the terrorist, but from completely different approaches, which were both rooted in their current mindset. That was really cool. And ha, she's onto Angela. I can't wait to see how this is gonna pan out.

I see Veidt is still batshyt crazy, if not even worse. I'm really worried about what he's up to, considering what he's been shown to be capable of.
The writing in this episode especially was very sharp. I'm really digging this show. Looking forward to Ep. 4!

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Just finished Episode 3. OMG!

Laurie's back and she's on an ANTI-VIGILANTE task force? LOL. This is fukking amazing. I love, love how jaded and hard she's become since the end of the novel. Poor thing. That whole long winded joke about heroes being judged and the brick was brilliantly executed. I laughed with her when Jon dropped the car. Like that's some long distance romance. It was just really satisfying. They still got a thing going on.

I love too that both her and Angela stopped the terrorist, but from completely different approaches, which were both rooted in their current mindset. That was really cool. And ha, she's onto Angela. I can't wait to see how this is gonna pan out.

I see Veidt is still batshyt crazy, if not even worse. I'm really worried about what he's up to, considering what he's been shown to be capable of.
The writing in this episode especially was very sharp. I'm really digging this show. Looking forward to Ep. 4!

John didnt drop the car breh....she only thinks he did