Official Watchmen Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
After marinating on the finale for a bit. I feel like it was a great season that slightly didn’t stick the landing.

My controversial opinion is that the show takes a bad turn when Dr M is introduced. He immediately introduces all kinds of writing challenges and reduces the humans (who were so nuanced before) to the most basic good guys and villains.

I feel like the biggest lesson about being Dr M in the novel was that being an all powerful god makes you apathetic to the human condition. Jon lost his humanity. Why would we believe Angela, Trieu, or hell even Keene would be any different with his powers?

IF they do a season 2 it would make no sense to have Angela become a god. Because she would lose all the nuanced humanity of her character. She’d also need a formidable nemesis.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
After marinating on the finale for a bit. I feel like it was a great season that slightly didn’t stick the landing.

My controversial opinion is that the show takes a bad turn when Dr M is introduced. He immediately introduces all kinds of writing challenges and reduces the humans (who were so nuanced before) to the most basic good guys and villains.

I feel like the biggest lesson about being Dr M in the novel was that being an all powerful god makes you apathetic to the human condition. Jon lost his humanity. Why would we believe Angela, Trieu, or hell even Keene would be any different with his powers?

IF they do a season 2 it would make no sense to have Angela become a god. Because she would lose all the nuanced humanity of her character. She’d also need a formidable nemesis.

I can see that. They could have maybe a slightly better job of having Doc regain the humanity he lost when he got his powers. But it wasn't a biggie to me. I think that's where the creating Europa thing and finding/making Angela his love were "supposed" to do. The only thing I'm still a lil confused on was why Angela?

I think one of the biggest :troll: moments would be picking up where Angela steps onto the pool water and immediately just drops to the bottom of the pool. Comes out yelling "MOTHERfukkER". :laff:

But.............

having her adopted son actually have the powers instead....... :youngsabo:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Completed the season yesterday and loved the movie...so I was willing to overlook the unnecessary homo scenes, until Dr. Manhattan appears and it confirms my fear of prioritizing pandering over quality writing, staying true to established concepts

So for me to like this series, could anyone explain...
-why was Dr. Manhattan being emotional?
-why did he choose Angela, with no efforts to contact Laurie?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Completed the season yesterday and loved the movie...so I was willing to overlook the unnecessary homo scenes, until Dr. Manhattan appears and it confirms my fear of prioritizing pandering over quality writing, staying true to established concepts

So for me to like this series, could anyone explain...
-why was Dr. Manhattan being emotional?
-why did he choose Angela, with no efforts to contact Laurie?

- Dr. Manhattan still has emotions, breh. Remember, it was how Adrian manipulated him in the first place. Emotional manipulation and tachyons to cloud his "vision".

- Dr. Manhattan was done with Laurie when he realized she had hooked up/was happy with Dan/Nite-Owl.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
(not directed at you, breh) I finally finished this over the weekend. I REALLY hate I couldn't be in here weekly.

But yeah, this was a 10/10 show for me. I don't care about the gay shyt, though I do feel like Will Reeves being gay for Captain Metropolis after being everything up to being lynched was a bit of a stretch.....

Everything else, I'm perfectly fine with. Only loose thread was that stuff with Lube Man. This was a FAR better sequel than anything put in comics.

Plus I'm guessing they left Dan out just so he could show up fresh if they did a season 2. I kinda don't want Angela there being blue and ominous if they do.

anyway, yeah. Loved it.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
violence against the klan...Always Welcomed :blessed:

MafiaIIIRally.gif
:ahh:
my favorite mission in the game

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
- Dr. Manhattan still has emotions, breh. Remember, it was how Adrian manipulated him in the first place. Emotional manipulation and tachyons to cloud his "vision".

- Dr. Manhattan was done with Laurie when he realized she had hooked up/was happy with Dan/Nite-Owl.
-Was Adrian's manipulation emotional based OR logical based? Dr. Manhattan thought he caused cancer and he accepted that killing 3million people is worth destroying existence
-Didn't Laurie give Dan attention after it was clear that Dr. Manhattan was beyond human emotions? Dan been trying to sniff her panties and had no game or confidence

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
-Was Adrian's manipulation emotional based OR logical based? Dr. Manhattan thought he caused cancer and he accepted that killing 3million people is worth destroying existence
-Didn't Laurie give Dan attention after it was clear that r. Manhattan was beyond human emotions? Dan been trying to sniff her panties and had no game or confidence

44c2245f6f5750e1c0f80aea1eaf9354--dave-gibbons-leave-me-alone.jpg

that's not logic. You gotta remember, although he could see everything happening, he still had to go through everything that would happen, and still reacted like he didn't know it would. Remember his reaction to Laurie telling him she was fukking Dan? He still had the :dwillhuh: even though he told her not 5 minutes before that she would tell him she was fukking Dan.

Or even his angry reaction at what Adrian did with the squid. He gave that "world's smartest termite" speech or whatever.

----------------

It wasn't the fact that he was beyond human emotion. She went through the same thing Angela went through in the series. She couldn't deal. Jon never stopped showing emotion. He was beyond what she could deal with.

Dan was just a regular breh. Safe. Look at the reason she says they broke up: "He wanted kids, and I wanted guns." He was too "regular" for her.

Best exemplified in these two pages.

RCO006.jpg

RCO007.jpg

See what I mean? Science clone is emotionless. He's just doing tasks. Jon full of emotion, just talking in a robotic way. It's all over his face.