Official Watchmen Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Brehs...I haven't checked this out yet

I know its not the same but is this better, worse or just as good as The Boys?

Two different shows my man lol, just as good if not better depending on what tone you prefer. You could argue The Boys more entertaining for sure, much more action IMO.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
so did he have racist beliefs that their following? Or are they twisting it

On EP 2 and now it makes sense to me:ohhh:

I wouldn't say that he had racist beliefs. But his disdain of liberals, homosexuals and other deviants was made very clear. Take a look at his backstory with his mother being a huge whore. Then go take a look at Stefan Molyneux and the things he says and believes. Oh, and his mom was a big thot and he grew up in shytty government housing. You can see why this group likes his writings. And that's my long winded response, non answer, to not spoil things for someone who's only on episode 2:russ:

Daps
Reppin
California
MildAdoredHectorsdolphin-max-1mb.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just finished the first episode- it was excellent! I love that this is a continuation. I love that there are elements and characters from the graphic novel but it isn't trying to reproduce that story. I love, love, the worldbuilding, especially the twist on race, police anonymity, and white domestic terrorism. I love that Rorchasch has become a symbol for something I'm not sure he would have been a part of, because that's what happens to symbols. They get used and twisted for other agendas. The writing is sharp. Lots of information done through dialogue and action. No information dumps. I can tell this is in capable hands.

I love that I'm so baffled by the end. Obviously the guy in the wheelchair was the little boy from 1921, but it's hard to imagine he lynched Crawford. The white adopted kids has me scratching my head too. Like how did we get from a real past of oppression to this new world where there appears to be real black power. I'm so intrigued and invested.

I'm very curious about Ozymandias' play and what he's up to and what else they plan to use from the comic.

Ok I'm gonna space these out and watch one a day to really savor it.

So far two thumbs up.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I’m on episode 2. Good show do far. I love Regina king. Her husband in this show is so sexy. :wow: Love the concept will keep watching!

I came to post that I had just finished watching the series earlier and your post was the first one on the last page. I quoted it because I kept thinking what her name was and couldn't remember it cuz I know she's been in a bunch of stuff that I've seen. Anyways don't know if you finished watching or not but hopefully you enjoying it. I liked it. Was well written and everyone did a great job. I remember watching the movie some years back but didn't have much knowledge of the books or anything from it's history or barely remember the film. Hopefully there's a second season cuz it deserves it. Now to see what to watch next on hbo since ballers ended, silicon valley ended, and now this. Maybe that dark matter show I saw advertised.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the boys is more fun of a watch but this was great, and probably a better show.

agreed...it reminds me of when ppl compared spartacus to GoT or the shield to the wire...it’s kind of unfair to the former shows...they (spartacus/the shield) were arguably more fun to watch but ultimately the latter shows (GoT/the wire) were just higher caliber shows imo