One of the best single season i've seen since season one of True Detectives

ath48ru-gif.897

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
The scene when they started playing that Hall and Oates "Every time you go away" was the saddest scene during the entire show. They made us feel good and then...

Honestly Ep .7 was probably my favorite one. Ep 8 was good as fukk too.

Where the fukk did she get the car from that she drove away in!!! :yeshrug:

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That's why I don't feel Dr. M needs to have been protected in this show... protected from what? What Reeves said was true and was a knock on Dr. Manhattan. Heroes and even Gods are not without their faults.

I think what he did do in seemingly pass his powers down to Angela is give the power to someone who will use it for positivity and vast changes to make a world a better place
I actually disagree, but in a way I haven't seen addressed, at least not here. For those that read the comics, Jon starts off "helping" when he initially gets his powers. He's the one who wins the Vietnam War for the US. But his new found godhood quickly disillusioned him to the very idea of humanity:
311.jpg

I'm not sure that's something that would be unique only to Jon. His persona before his accident is completely different than his persona after. I think if Sen Keene, Lady Trieu, or Angela got his powers, they would initially stick to whatever mindset they had initially, but eventually they'd grow tired of trying to solve the relatively meaningless problems of mankind.

Dr. Manhattan left Earth to create a better form of life and even that wasn't enough for him. Will Keene really give a shyt about white supremacy after a while? Will Trieu be fulfilled by having the masses grovel at her feet forever? It's one thing to see a god and all the things they can do, but becoming one seems like an entirely different prospect.