Official Watchmen Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was hoping she just fell into the water and come back up like "muthafukker" :martin:
SAME shyt I WAS HOPING AND THINKING!!! :laff:

But this was an incredible ride and job done by HBGOAT. Leave it at a one off series and maybe bring it back years later. MAYBE.

This was briliant from beginning to end and yall Lindeloff haters need to give that man a pass for a while after this shyt.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lady Trieu was the smartest dumb villain ever.. complicated ass plan just to get taken out easy.

IT WAS HER NARCISSISM.

HAD SHE NOT FREED VEIDT
SHE WOULD BE SUPER POWERED
BUT SHE WANTED TO RUB IN THE THE FACT
SHE KILLED MANHATTAN AND HE COULDNT.

SHE SHOULD HAVE FREED HIM
AFTER THE PLAN WAS EXECUTED
JUST LIKE VEIDT TOLD HIS PLAN
AFTER HE KILLED MILLIONS.
:devil:
:evil:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fully enjoyed the show. Piff.

Also, I was on track with both my analysis/theories (with a little margin for error):

I think people are looking too deeply into "the game warden". It's likely just one of the multiple clones (the one that prevented him from skinning the buffalo) Veidt engineered and probably gave the directive to watch over him/his actions. Veidt's "exile" seems more self-imposed than anything else.

it would not be far-fetched he would have created one with the sole purpose of existing as some sort of guard/warden that watches over his actions, as a reminder or as to not allow him to break his exile.

could the pills transport you to/get you to experience past events in first person?

:ehh::ehh:

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does Leftovers get any better? I tried to watch it but I'm on episode 4 and I struggle to stay awake. It's nowhere as immediately gripping as Lost or Watchmen
I think it gets progressively better all the way through...i thought it would just kind of end because i saw no way they would be able to wrap everything up...but they ended that shyt perfectly.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Does Leftovers get any better? I tried to watch it but I'm on episode 4 and I struggle to stay awake. It's nowhere as immediately gripping as Lost or Watchmen
season 1 ends pretty strong but season 2 and 3 are objectively better than the first and they get wild af. Definitely recommend sticking with it. Alot of season 1 is learning the characters and world building

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
IT WAS HER NARCISSISM.

HAD SHE NOT FREED VEIDT
SHE WOULD BE SUPER POWERED
BUT SHE WANTED TO RUB IN THE THE FACT
SHE KILLED MANHATTAN AND HE COULDNT.

SHE SHOULD HAVE FREED HIM
AFTER THE PLAN WAS EXECUTED
JUST LIKE VEIDT TOLD HIS PLAN
AFTER HE KILLED MILLIONS.

But she wanted to prove it to her father, and gain his acceptance/approval, so he kinda had to be there to witness it. He really was the only one that she cared witnessed it.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
But she wanted to prove it to her father, and gain his acceptance/approval, so he kinda had to be there to witness it. He really was the only one that she cared witnessed it.

IT WASNT ABOUT HIS ACCEPTANCE/APPROVAL.

IT WAS ABOUT RUBBING IN THE FACT SHE WAS BETTER THAN HIM
WHICH IS WHY HE HAD NO PROBLEM KILLING HER
THAN SEE HER COMPLETELY ONE UP HIM.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Season was good, finale was alright. Said it last week but all of Veidt's story on Europa was just pure filler, and Lindelof pretty much even admits it in this episode with the reveal that the Game Warden was set up by Veidt to give him a challenge while stuck there.

As someone who holds Watchmen in high regard I also can't look past the picking and choosing of what parts of the comic to take for the story they came up with. Someone else already mentioned it but Dr Manhattan being destroyed by a human when he stated no human could ever pose a threat to his existence is a prime example, but there are more. It's a sequel that only uses what is convenient for this story's purpose, which is an ironic laziness since they actually deliver some incredible thought-out and well-constructed character episodes.

Regarding the finale, it suffers from typical 'wrap it up' plotting. Laurie's there with a connection to Jon, Looking Glass is in the midst of the 7th Cavalry in disguise, neither gets anything to do or even experience anything resembling a pay-off for their characters as they are teleported to Antartica only to listen to lazy expository dialogue from Veidt about how he's stopping Trieu. Don’t even get me started about them stuffing even more exposition in the final two minutes just to set up that lazy-ass Inception ending.

The series overall was good but like I feel about most tv-shows, if this is supposed to be amongst the best that television has to offer, folks need to check their standards.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Season was good, finale was alright. Said it last week but all of Veidt's story on Europa was just pure filler, and Lindelof pretty much even admits it in this episode with the reveal that the Game Warden was set up by Veidt to give him a challenge while stuck there.

As someone who holds Watchmen in high regard I also can't look past the picking and choosing of what parts of the comic to take for the story they came up with. Someone else already mentioned it but Dr Manhattan being destroyed by a human when he stated no human could ever pose a threat to his existence is a prime example, but there are more. It's a sequel that only uses what is convenient for this story's purpose, which is an ironic laziness since they actually deliver some incredible thought-out and well-constructed character episodes.

Regarding the finale, it suffers from typical 'wrap it up' plotting. Laurie's there with a connection to Jon, Looking Glass is in the midst of the 7th Cavalry in disguise, neither gets anything to do or even experience anything resembling a pay-off for their characters as they are teleported to Antartica only to listen to lazy expository dialogue from Veidt about how he's stopping Trieu. Don’t even get me started about them stuffing even more exposition in the final two minutes just to set up that lazy-ass Inception ending.

The series overall was good but like I feel about most tv-shows, if this is supposed to be amongst the best that television has to offer, folks need to check their standards.

too many shows like to tip toe around white supremacy. This show started off with a bang with the Tulsa Race Massacre and showing how dumb white supremacists can be. For that, I'll always have a respect for this show.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
This was maybe the "worst" episode of the season, which is more credit to the rest of the series. Everything was wrapped up well, but I wish there were some bigger plot twists. I was anticipating Looking Glass shooting Ozy when he was talking about the squid attack. Or an even worse end to 7K. But I'm satisfied and this can stand as one of the best one-off shows of the decade.

Also, there's some of y'all that deserve some undap/neg trains for those spoiler "theories" posted in here. There were too many things posted that came true to be a coincidence. I'm not looking through the whole thread, but yall hoe asses know who you are :ufdup: