Official Watchmen Thread

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I'm sad that it's over but they went out on a high note! If there is a season two I hope they place it in the aftermath of 11/2. How the world reacted to it, the adventures of Nite Owl 2 and Silk Spectre up until they got captured in the 90s, etc. If they don't make another season then I'm content with it. :ehh:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
My final assessment is that this show was wack.:francis:

People are excited by Dr. Manhattan being played by a black actor, but I couldn't enjoy it because narratively Jon Osterman is still white; he's just making himself appear black. It has blackface undertones I'm uncomfortable with. Plus they used him as a damsel in distress and a magic negro at the end.:stopitslime:

Deconstructing masculinity was a consistent theme, constant male nudity, gay heroes, and apprantly Ozzemandias was lowkey violated and has never been with a woman.

Started good but ended as trash.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Deconstructing masculinity was a consistent theme, constant male nudity, gay heroes, and apprantly Ozzemandias has never been with a woman..

DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THIS PART.

:snoop:WHEN DUDE SAID HE HAD NEVER BEEN
WITH A WOMAN.

:mjpls: OF COURSE THE "BLACK" VERSION
OF DR MANHATTAN CAN BE KILLED BY HUMANS.
:devil:
:evil:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
My final assessment is that this show was wack.:francis:

People are excited by Dr. Manhattan being played by a black actor, but I couldn't enjoy it because narratively Jon Osterman is still white; he's just making himself appear black. It has blackface undertones I'm uncomfortable with. Plus they used him as a damsel in distress and a magic negro at the end.:stopitslime:

Deconstructing masculinity was a consistent theme, constant male nudity, gay heroes, and apprantly Ozzemandias has never been with a woman.

Started good but ended as trash.

???

If he hadn’t transported Veidt to Karnak, Lady Trieu would have been God status.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
???

If he hadn’t transported Veidt to Karnak, Lady Trieu would have been God status.
He still got stuck in the cage needing a rescue...from his wife lol.

Then he stayed around long enough to gift her with super powers like genie from Aladdin.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He still got stuck in the cage needing a rescue...from his wife lol.

Then he stayed around long enough to gift her with super powers like genie from Aladdin.

Manhattan played his part all the way back to getting Will to come to Tulsa. He knew he was going to die but he made sure his powers weren’t used by a megalomaniac.

Part of Angela’s growth from her trauma came from what he set forth.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Manhattan played his part all the way back to getting Will to come to Tulsa. He knew he was going to die but he made sure his powers weren’t used by a megalomaniac.

Part of Angela’s growth from her trauma came from what he set forth.
That's part of my problem with how his character was handled..he was there to further other character's growth.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
People are excited by Dr. Manhattan being played by a black actor, but I couldn't enjoy it because narratively Jon Osterman is still white; he's just making himself appear black. It has blackface undertones I'm uncomfortable with. Plus they used him as a damsel in distress and a magic negro at the en

It's the first time I'll jump in a race discussion on this board,all because of the absurdity shown by you.

You got a show where the main actress is a charismatic bad ass, her grandpa was a OG superhero, the GOD himself is black all culminating with the racists actually killed on screen and the main actress becoming God and you still upset? Man...you've wasted 9 weekends if that was your mindset watching the show.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
That's part of my problem with how his character was handled..he was there to further other character's growth.
I mean, his character arc is over. He was disappointed with the life he created on Europa and was tired of being a God and wanted to live a normal life and pass his powers into someone who would do more than he did to improve the world. This was always Angela’s story.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just finished watching. First reaction is that it's a cool finale. Felt like there was way too much expository dialog... maybe they had to for the masses. But most of the writing so far was pretty tight and this felt different. I'm gonna catch up with yall's reactions.

I also have a TONNNN of questions.

But first...

:mjgrin:

Told you breh. Trieu was born in the 80's during the Vietnam era. I also told y'all there was no way they'd bring The Comedian back for the finale as her father. It made no sense storywise.
Good for you then nikka

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Anyway, episode was good but not as good as I was expecting

I thought the way they made Trieu’s backstory was a lil weak compared where they could’ve went (house worker finds Veidts nut juice and artificially inseminates herself?)

I’m kinda sad DM is officially dead but they did tie in what he said earlier about being able to transfer his power.

Veidt left one prison just to be put in another:mjlol:

if this returns for a next season i would be surprised honestly. It feels like they literally wrapped everything up from here. Not sure what else could be tied in from the original Watchmen

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
How are they gonna balance Regina's powers in Season 2?
Dr M's passive attitude put a check on him. Having a normal human mind with Dr. M powers is overkill. They gotta nerf her somehow.