Official Watchmen Thread

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I thought the way they made Trieu’s backstory was a lil weak compared where they could’ve went (house worker finds Veidts nut juice and artificially inseminates herself?)
I think that was the point. Seeing this big narcissist lady acting all bossy when we know damn well how she got mixed into the game.
And it fits the Watchmen Universe.
Irony. That's my take on it at least.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lady Trieu was so fukking dope. 100 times better than her pops. I bet she cloned herself and since her mom is still alive, she can give birth to her.
This is a possibility

Cloned Bien is still alive and inheriting everything... and she still has the memories of her past and the present. Trieu probably made sure she had a clone of herself and memories stashed away somewhere.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Does Leftovers get any better? I tried to watch it but I'm on episode 4 and I struggle to stay awake. It's nowhere as immediately gripping as Lost or Watchmen
Season 2 and 3 are goat level. S1 was a tough hang but trust me. I told someone else to stick with it and thank me later in this thread and he did

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Season was good, finale was alright. Said it last week but all of Veidt's story on Europa was just pure filler, and Lindelof pretty much even admits it in this episode with the reveal that the Game Warden was set up by Veidt to give him a challenge while stuck there.

As someone who holds Watchmen in high regard I also can't look past the picking and choosing of what parts of the comic to take for the story they came up with. Someone else already mentioned it but Dr Manhattan being destroyed by a human when he stated no human could ever pose a threat to his existence is a prime example, but there are more. It's a sequel that only uses what is convenient for this story's purpose, which is an ironic laziness since they actually deliver some incredible thought-out and well-constructed character episodes.

Regarding the finale, it suffers from typical 'wrap it up' plotting. Laurie's there with a connection to Jon, Looking Glass is in the midst of the 7th Cavalry in disguise, neither gets anything to do or even experience anything resembling a pay-off for their characters as they are teleported to Antartica only to listen to lazy expository dialogue from Veidt about how he's stopping Trieu. Don’t even get me started about them stuffing even more exposition in the final two minutes just to set up that lazy-ass Inception ending.

The series overall was good but like I feel about most tv-shows, if this is supposed to be amongst the best that television has to offer, folks need to check their standards.

I agree wholeheartedly with the bolded. I said it earlier, Lindelof was taking on a heavy task explaining some of the big changes he made from the graphic novel (HJ being black, Dr. M's plot). It's weird how they chose to go deep with some stuff and then kept other things at surface level.

This was maybe the "worst" episode of the season, which is more credit to the rest of the series. Everything was wrapped up well, but I wish there were some bigger plot twists. I was anticipating Looking Glass shooting Ozy when he was talking about the squid attack. Or an even worse end to 7K. But I'm satisfied and this can stand as one of the best one-off shows of the decade.

Also, there's some of y'all that deserve some undap/neg trains for those spoiler "theories" posted in here. There were too many things posted that came true to be a coincidence.
I'm not looking through the whole thread, but yall hoe asses know who you are :ufdup:

Spoiler never leaked for this show. Some of it was just good guesses. If we're being honest, everything was there in front of us the whole time. Hell I (and many others) guessed he spelled "Save Me Daughter" after Trieu made the comment about her father being there. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
When you have 7 episodes of showing and not telling then there are going to be some parts that are exposition later on and it has to be done that way or else "they didn't answer anything.." will follow..

The Dr. Manhattan episode had a lot of exposition but it was done in the most creative way. There's a couple posters here who just wait to see which way the wind is blowing and then form their weak ass contrarian points.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Series was great. I’ll check out a season 2 if there is one, but also have no problem with this being all there is