Official Watchmen Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reason why I don't see a second season is because, having now seen the entire full season, this feels like more of an epilogue to the original story then a new one. They relied heavily on all the OG characters. Angela was basically a spectator for the second half of the season. Looking Glass disappeared after episode 5. Lady trieu was dope. I don't see how they can come back for another season with a new Dr. Manhattan, they would truly have to make a new storyline with new characters.

That said, lindelof did an amazing job, salute to him

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think Lindelof wants to do another season. He said it could be done but he didn't say he would do it and if he doesn't do it he did give some examples of people he'd be excited to see.. but I don't think anyone should touch it.

Let it be... just like True Detective, tho season 3 was pretty damn good there was season 2 in between lol

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This show
ZnC3puW.gif

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The reason why I don't see a second season is because, having now seen the entire full season, this feels like more of an epilogue to the original story then a new one. They relied heavily on all the OG characters. Angela was basically a spectator for the second half of the season. Looking Glass disappeared after episode 5. Lady trieu was dope. I don't see how they can come back for another season with a new Dr. Manhattan, they would truly have to make a new storyline with new characters.

That said, lindelof did an amazing job, salute to him

Getting to see the fallout of what they choose to hide about the squid was interesting.

Seeing the fallout of the fallout is deminishing returns.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Good ending. I knew there was no way this finale would be on par with the previous two episodes, but that's kind of the point: this was meant to tie everything together and be a true ending. Lindelof, more than anyone, knows how much people need every last thing explained, but he also understands how boring that is, hence the last shot.

Part of me wants to believe all of the stuff about the egg leading to Angela gaining superpowers is just a really elaborate joke on Dr. Manhattan's part. His character is supposed to be dull and "lack imagination". Last episode when he almost doesn't get Angela's "making a life in under 2 minutes" joke at first, reinforces that. What better way to prove that wrong than setting up the mother of all practical jokes for 10 years?:mjlit: Essentially it would mean even with his death under an hour away, he purposely made sure Angela saw him standing on the pool to work towards the punchline. Told Will to say the thing about omelettes for the same reason. The idea of her falling in the pool and coming up laughing/saying motherfukker" would have been a great after credits scene, but I think Lindelof figures he might as well keep the door open for a season 2. I'm good on that, unless he's writing it:hubie: