Official Watchmen Thread

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I got Crisis on Earth on DVR and after this, I don't even wanna watch it lol
X2i9vuI.png

If this is the new norm, norm of comic book properties taking over small screens and big screens, I NEED them to bring it. If y'all wanna be considered cinema, y'all better start bringing the cinema :usure: No more of this "oh it's just setting up for something bigger" bullshyt. A standard has been set. Y'all on the clock...

source.gif

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching. First reaction is that it's a cool finale. Felt like there was way too much expository dialog... maybe they had to for the masses. But most of the writing so far was pretty tight and this felt different. I'm gonna catch up with yall's reactions.

I also have a TONNNN of questions.

But first...

Thats his timeline, not the shows timeline. He even said Trieu and her age is only inferred

Trieu’s mom was pregnant with her during that Vietnam war bruh

she’s not to young/old for shyt. The article said The Comedian ran into Trieu’s mother at some point during his time in Vietnam and they had an “encounter”

it also said her mother’s inspirations had been Veidt, Nixon, Manhattan, The Comedian, but she ONLY admitted to meeting the comedian... why is that? Why would they write that?

i could be wrong but Veidt seems too obvious given what her mom wrote in her memoirs and what the spokeswoman told the reporters

:mjgrin:

Told you breh. Trieu was born in the 80's during the Vietnam era. I also told y'all there was no way they'd bring The Comedian back for the finale as her father. It made no sense storywise.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It really don’t like the idea of Dr. M being killed by some damn people. Legit feels disrespectful to the source material and I thought they did a good job of respecting it up until now; but there were some dope episodes to this, overall.

HE WAS KILLED BY VEIDTS DAUGHTER....

DOING WHAT HER FATHER COULDNT...

IT MAKES SENSE.
:devil:
:evil:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I was a bit disappointed. I mean I knew Trieu was going to double cross them but was hoping she had more of acplan than her becoming Dr Manhattan.

It is cool that Dr Manhattan actually was proactive in saving the world this time and while still being bound by the fact he had to follow the events of his death.

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

HE WAS KILLED BY VEIDTS DAUGHTER....

DOING WHAT HER FATHER COULDNT...

IT MAKES SENSE.
:devil:
:evil:

I know all that, and I still absolutely don’t like it.

This shyt from the graphic novel is permanently embedded in my memory, “But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world’s poses smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite.”

Having Dr. M be killed by some humans (even a woman or Veidt’s daughter) is a creative liberty I just can’t get jiggy with. I know Moore hates this kinda stuff in general, but I’m pretty sure he’d spontaneously combust if he watched tonight’s episode.

We can agree to disagree.