Official Watchmen Thread

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude...seriously....enough with the Lindelof slander. It is played out and outdated. He is the certified best show runner in the game right now.

In your opinion? fukk you quoting me for? I clearly don't think he's the best show runner so what exactly is the point of quoting my post? I find most of his work boring and/or incomplete. Does that make you mad? I don't give a shyt.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@Adam3000 @Ironman @Eric Brooks @Rollie Forbes @surf @CHICAGO @BXKingPin82 @Rekkapryde @Mr Hate Coffee @Dr. Narcisse @obarth @MartyMcFly @FlyRy

did yall discuss the fact that Lindelof was inspired by Ta-neshi Coates' The Case for Reparations article? When I heard him talk about how he had never heard of the Tulsa Riots before reading it and how it lead him to think a super hero could emerge from it, it all made sense.
I listened to him on the watch podcast last night

Edit. Yahya is on happy sad confused pod today

Last edited:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Lost is probably one of those shows you had to watch during its 1st run, huh? I've never watched it, but reading what people have to say about how it ended makes not want to even try :heh: I think I saw a list of best Tv episodes and it had the Lost pilot on there

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Let's not act like Lindelof didn't also write Prometheus as a part 1 of a trilogy which he abandoned as quickly as the backlash hit it so the entire Alien legacy got trashed.:skip:

I can give dude credit for this show but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:dame:

Now that we got that out the way....

Finally we got Dr Manhattan disintegrating some goons :banderas:

Can't wait for the easter egg videos on youtube, ep was dope as fukk :whew:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This does make me wonder about Judd a bit. Was he in on all this Cyclops shyt? He had already went through death's door and stuck with his story until the very end:francis:. His wife on the other hand, Laurie came in and blew up the whole spot and plan, and that bytch couldn't wait to use that trap door button like a weight was lifted:russ:.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
How could DM not know what that the amnesia ring was in the box when asked?
Even though he can’t see inside because of the talcum powder or whatever, he is aware of receiving the ring, the plan to use it and everything that happens before it’s inserted and everything that happens after it’s removed
In the episode, he's shown a propensity of asking questions he knows the answer to. Sometimes it's charming, sometimes its infuriating (like insisting Angela tells him to leave before he leaves).

Honestly, as I typed this, I realized the same thing could be said about the comic. Why didn't Dr. Manhattan know Ozy's plot after Ozymandias explained it in the end? Or after he went to Mars and was clear of the tachyon interference? There's tachyon equipment right outside of the Abar's house, so that could explain his confusion/inability to know there was a dude behind the cannon.

Let's not act like Lindelof didn't also write Prometheus as a part 1 of a trilogy which he abandoned as quickly as the backlash hit it so the entire Alien legacy got trashed.:skip:

I really liked Prometheus:manny:

I'd think if any poster could appreciate a writer/showrunner who frustrates the hell out of his audience, it would be you:mjlit:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really liked Prometheus:manny:

thank you...that shyt gets unnecessarily bashed...I think what helped me enjoy it for what it is instead of what it “could be” or was “supposed to be” is that I had no idea what it was about...I didn’t see any trailers or know that it tied into the alien series beforehand...it’s not until certain scenes w/ david that I began to make the connection and then the end of course

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lost is probably one of those shows you had to watch during its 1st run, huh? I've never watched it, but reading what people have to say about how it ended makes not want to even try :heh: I think I saw a list of best Tv episodes and it had the Lost pilot on there

Keep ignoring The Leftovers with 2 of the greatest seasons in TV history brehs

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This does make me wonder about Judd a bit. Was he in on all this Cyclops shyt? He had already went through death's door and stuck with his story until the very end:francis:. His wife on the other hand, Laurie came in and blew up the whole spot and plan, and that bytch couldn't wait to use that trap door button like a weight was lifted:russ:.
Well by her reaction he was definitely in on all this.

You just don't have a trapdoor, clan robe, etc., in your house while being the leader of this Cyclops shyt AND the police force and not know anything.

I feel like they will explore his role more next episode too (shyt might be 2 hours with as much shyt still left to unpack) but I think he got close with Angela because he knew Cal was Dr. Manhattan from the attack and told the others in Cyclops.