Official Watchmen Thread

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
huh....

He liked women and dudes... technically he was Bi since he did love his wife but also loved Captain Metropolis (seeing how Metropolis left Will all his wealth when he passed).

I know. It’s faq shyt though:no:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
In your opinion? fukk you quoting me for? I clearly don't think he's the best show runner so what exactly is the point of quoting my post? I find most of his work boring and/or incomplete. Does that make you mad? I don't give a shyt.
Everything that anyone posts here is in their own opinion, do you really need your hand held and have that clarified? This is a discussion forum. I quoted you because you posted dumb shyt that needed quoted. If you don't want to be called out for dumb opinions, don't post them on a discussion forum.

And yes, you clearly give a shyt or else you wouldn't have quoted me back.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
This next episode better have a ton of Lady Trieu reveals up in it. She's the wild card and i'm thinking DM brought her onboard, like he did Will, to some master plan to disseminate his powers to either a select few or to the world at large.

Also maybe i was asleep and missed the answer to this but how did DM choose Angela??? What made him track her down in a bar and decide she was the one he wanted to spend ten years with? And please don't tell me it's because he saw her in his future because i feel like that's bullshyt. You'd still need a catalyst moment/reason for them to meet...he sought her out of billions seemingly out of thin air.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This next episode better have a ton of Lady Trieu reveals up in it. She's the wild card and i'm thinking DM brought her onboard, like he did Will, to some master plan to disseminate his powers to either a select few or to the world at large.

Also maybe i was asleep and missed the answer to this but how did DM choose Angela??? What made him track her down in a bar and decide she was the one he wanted to spend ten years with? And please don't tell me it's because he saw her in his future because i feel like that's bullshyt. You'd still need a catalyst moment/reason for them to meet...he sought her out of billions seemingly out of thin air.
He's always said he was a puppet just like everyone else and that everything was meant to be. Basically, he's saying you can't change destiny. Even if minor things change you can't control it which is why instead of going outside and fukking up the 7k didn't happen, instead he's in the kitchen making pancakes and telling her it's kinda pointless, they're still going to capture him.

So in that since, he was already experiencing the future, past, and present at the sametime to him... We're just not shown the future but he already knows what will happen. So he fell in love and was always in love because he was experiencing that moment with her when he found her in the bar. Also, it's the same as the paradox of which came first the chicken or the egg that they mentioned throughout the episode...

bottom line is no one knows because of how he experiences time compared to us

I definitely agree with Lady Triue needing to have a MAJOR reveal. I honestly still don't think Veidt is her father... I think the comedian is. But she definitely has a play up her sleeve and DM knows about it and Will knows about it so it will either be a tragedy for Angela or for him.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
In the episode, he's shown a propensity of asking questions he knows the answer to. Sometimes it's charming, sometimes its infuriating (like insisting Angela tells him to leave before he leaves).

Honestly, as I typed this, I realized the same thing could be said about the comic. Why didn't Dr. Manhattan know Ozy's plot after Ozymandias explained it in the end? Or after he went to Mars and was clear of the tachyon interference? There's tachyon equipment right outside of the Abar's house, so that could explain his confusion/inability to know there was a dude behind the cannon.

I really liked Prometheus:manny:

I'd think if any poster could appreciate a writer/showrunner who frustrates the hell out of his audience, it would be you:mjlit:
I liked how it was shot but the movie was trash. Lindelof ruined the original script which was amazing.

King Booker

Rookie
Daps
Great show, looking forward to the next episode. There has to be reappearance of DM in some form

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
It's funny to consider that DM's ability to perceive time as he does effectively makes him a slave to the concept of destiny, and removes his capacity for agency. It's a little sad when you think about the fact that he was so sure of how things turned out due to him experiencing it even as it hasn't happened yet, that dude is completely incapable of acting outside of the predetermined path he exists in, and pretty much forces anyone near him into that very same rut of predetermined fate.

If he'd just wiped out the street outside the house, he can't get taken. If he had obliterated the cannon instead of killing random dudes, he can't get taken. If he'd just whisked Angela and the kids away from the location, he can't get taken. But... if he had, he wouldn't have ended up loving Angela, which means he never would have talked to her to lead to it all. It's kinda fukking miserable if you look at the fact that he pretty much had to accept getting captured and it all ending badly solely for the sake of being with her for those 10 years. If he'd chose not to do that, he probably woulda been fine, Angela woulda stayed in Vietnam, and none of this would be happening. He's both the piece that put all of this in motion, and the most helpless cog in the machine at the same time.

Man, between this and Tower of God, I've been neck-deep in rumination on the nature of destiny and whether or not its escapable this month...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's funny to consider that DM's ability to perceive time as he does effectively makes him a slave to the concept of destiny, and removes his capacity for agency. It's a little sad when you think about the fact that he was so sure of how things turned out due to him experiencing it even as it hasn't happened yet, that dude is completely incapable of acting outside of the predetermined path he exists in, and pretty much forces anyone near him into that very same rut of predetermined fate.

If he'd just wiped out the street outside the house, he can't get taken. If he had obliterated the cannon instead of killing random dudes, he can't get taken. If he'd just whisked Angela and the kids away from the location, he can't get taken. But... if he had, he wouldn't have ended up loving Angela, which means he never would have talked to her to lead to it all. It's kinda fukking miserable if you look at the fact that he pretty much had to accept getting captured and it all ending badly solely for the sake of being with her for those 10 years. If he'd chose not to do that, he probably woulda been fine, Angela woulda stayed in Vietnam, and none of this would be happening. He's both the piece that put all of this in motion, and the most helpless cog in the machine at the same time.

Man, between this and Tower of God, I've been neck-deep in rumination on the nature of destiny and whether or not its escapable this month...
great way of putting it

Basically I think he's saying it HAS to happen in order to possibly save something, change something, etc. Like, He COULD change things but this is the best possible outcome (almost like how Doctor Strange went through multiple outcomes against Thanos)

Last edited:

egsteel

All Star
Daps
This could have been the best episode of the season if they hadn't made Reeves gay. :francis:
IKR!

This episode was a fukkin masterpiece and was almost ruined by the gay fukkin. I'm not familiar with the character's backstory so I dont wanna critique the situation too much.