Official Watchmen Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
people generalize reddit. It’s essentially a host for a bunch of mini-forums. Some forums are cac/incel heavy. Others are actually pretty “woke”/liberal. You essentially choose where you want to be.

the watchmen subreddit is piff. It’s mostly extreme fans of the show. Any type of racism talk gets downvoted heavily.

you're probably right about some of the subreddits but any board that has a forum like the Trump ones where it's a bunch of WS congregating can fukk off IMO

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@Adam3000 @Ironman @Eric Brooks @Rollie Forbes @surf @CHICAGO @BXKingPin82 @Rekkapryde @Mr Hate Coffee @Dr. Narcisse @obarth @MartyMcFly @FlyRy

did yall discuss the fact that Lindelof was inspired by Ta-neshi Coates' The Case for Reparations article? When I heard him talk about how he had never heard of the Tulsa Riots before reading it and how it lead him to think a super hero could emerge from it, it all made sense.

I was waiting to listen to his interviews until after the season finale but I did see something about this... it's fascinating how he had these ideas and then was able to tie them into the WATCHMEN backstory and lore and not lose a thing from the original material while also making this story his own.

It's honestly one of the best pieces of writing I've seen on a television series in some time

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lost is probably one of those shows you had to watch during its 1st run, huh? I've never watched it, but reading what people have to say about how it ended makes not want to even try :heh: I think I saw a list of best Tv episodes and it had the Lost pilot on there

The reason why I stayed away from Lost for the most part is not because of how I heard it played out but because network TV is so goofy. They dictate that you give them 22-23 episodes a season and it's too much content for me.. you can be the best writer ever and it's just too much filler.

WATCHMEN at nine episodes has had no filler at all. Every shot and every conversation has been meaningful to the larger plot.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Let's not act like Lindelof didn't also write Prometheus as a part 1 of a trilogy which he abandoned as quickly as the backlash hit it so the entire Alien legacy got trashed.:skip:

I can give dude credit for this show but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid.

Nah... Prometheus had too many cooks in the kitchen and they were not all on the same page of where they wanted it to go. Lindelof didn't have full control over the project like he does here.

You can blame him if you want but it's not the same situation.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Also Lady Triue is definitely the baby of the chick comedian gunned down. I think DM saved her and supported them and Veidt came into the play somehow through DM

Got to be. They only mentioned her father before Cal came back... i think Veidt is already there

The Comedian was the only one they mentioned meeting Lady Trieu’s mother... he was the only one in Vietnam with a pregnant woman. She’s the only one with the knowledge of creating clones (probably learned from Veidt/DM).

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just rewatched the movie and there’s still so many subliminals

like how the 7th calvary wearing Rorsachs masks mainly due to his diary which basically exposes Veidt as for being the cause of the “squid” (or bomb in the movie), then Veidt being shown to Looking Glass explaining that the squid was fake af.

then them being originally called Cyclops before but Veidts symbol being the same cyclops and so is Lady Trieus symbol

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Also Lady Triue is definitely the baby of the chick comedian gunned down. I think DM saved her and supported them and Veidt came into the play somehow through DM

Got to be. They only mentioned her father before Cal came back... i think Veidt is already there

The Comedian was the only one they mentioned meeting Lady Trieu’s mother... he was the only one in Vietnam with a pregnant woman. She’s the only one with the knowledge of creating clones (probably learned from Veidt/DM).

Previews show what looks to be Lady T walking to the steps on Veidt hold up where DM went to visit him to the piece that let him be with Angela.