Official Watchmen Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Yeah i was gonna say Rosewood too.
Wasnt sure if there actually WAS a Black Wall Street joint i didnt know about.
Crazy how they're both based upon similar true stories about prosperous Black towns being destroyed by jealous cacs.
A Black Wall Street movie probably couldn't be made now because the story would have to be heavily sanitized (see: Harriet) so it wouldn't offend anybody.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look here man. How long y'all....we been saying we want to see a black story that don't have nothing to do with hood or slave shyt. This is what we've been asking for, for years. Something black and different and actually good. I hope to the almighty we get a second season of this piff

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The closest we got was the movie Rosewood. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
Fun fact: when Rosewood first was released in theaters, there was a money back guarantee included in the closing credits. If (white) people were offended by the portrayal of racist cacs, they could receive a rebate for their movie tickets.
The movie Rosewood confirmed that white people weren’t just awful in the Caribbean.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Look here man. How long y'all....we been saying we want to see a black story that don't have nothing to do with hood or slave shyt. This is what we've been asking for, for years. Something black and different and actually good. I hope to the almighty we get a second season of this piff
Where do you go in the second season? I hope there isn’t a third.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Lindoff said time is moving differently for ozy. Notice last episode the trial was starting and we on day 365 now. The first time we see ozy writing a play and next episode his clones are performing it. Ozy storyline is taking place over a span of years where on Earth it's only been a few weeks