Official Watchmen Thread

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The culo bashing came out of nowhere but i didnt mind because the overal episode was flames. I was gettiny ready to drop this show too because the creator falls off around epi 5 in all of his shows.

At least breh was doing the culo bashing and it wasnt the other way around:yeshrug:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This is precisely why I'm not entirely invested in the show. I don't have confidence this season will end well, nor will it pick everything back up should it get a second season (which it probably will).

As of now, Lindelof has only written one season and there are no plans for a season 2

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man, y'all really don't like gay dudes, huh?

wasn't a problem with Omar in the Wire. It's the way it was done in this joint. There was nothing so far that indicated dude was non harlem and then all of a sudden BAM! I mean, again I see what they were trying to do, but it wasn't necessary. Esp considering the shyt he dealt with. Pent up frustration and anger from cac racism and deception makes you want to take revenge by fukkin the same cats literally in return? :dahell:

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
it actually wasn’t if you paid attention...ie the white version jumping thru the window into the shop to thwart crime vs the OG version jumping OUT the window to save his life after trying to foil their plans...I already know your response tho and your agenda lol
No you're right... But it makes sense why it wouldn't be the same. They showed the story everyone knows in an earlier episode and then they showed what actually happened this last ep. It makes sense why the story would be told differently.

What agenda do you think I have?
:scust:THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT
THE MORE IM DISGUSTED...

THIS DUDE FOUND THE CYCLOPS HEADQUATERS ON HIS 1ST DAY IN FULL COSTUME...

HE KNEW WHO THE COPS WERE AND EVERYTHING...

GAY CAC SHOWS UP
AND HE COMPLETELY IGNORES THE KKK
FOR 10 YRS,

This is actually untrue

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
But that's the thing. Will Reeves was inspired by Bass Reeves and the silent movie his entire life since the Tulsa Massacre. He became Hooded Justice because of that inspiration. But the PROBLEM of that silent film was that it never reflected reality to begin with. So, Will Reeves was being LIED to the entire time until he gotten that wake up call after the fact. Remember, the silent film shown a hooded Bass Reeves capturing the crooked white sheriff. The WHITE townspeople PRAISED the BLACK Bass Reeves. Then that same townspeople was demanding that the sheriff to be lynched, but Bass Reeves told them no, and that it must be about justice. That was what Will Reeves embodied, yet because of witnessing the massacre always was bubbling under, hence those flash scenes that pop up in the episode. The thing you have to address that no matter what, Will Reeves yearned to be accepted into a white society. Mr. Metropolis took advantage of Reeves' desire and seduced him. The moment Reeves finally realized that Mr. Metropolis never cared for the justice he been fighting for was the moment he divorced himself from his hero Bass Reeves who was all about justice, and that's when Will Reeves decided to go the vengeance rout and start killing his enemies.

So, it's not so much that the system protect itself. That's we all know. It's that Will Reeves was naive to think that he can fit in that kind of system and that the system. Even as a vigilante, he put on white-face just to assimilate into white acceptance. Had he not been so much caught up trying to be accepted, even sexually.... the whole projector plot wouldn't of succeeded. He would of killed those devils on sight and burned up everything. Not a whole decade later when it was well too late.
YES! YES!!!! I was gonna take some time out specifically write about Will's idolatry of Bas Reeves. It's the specific reason why these dudes bringing up Will having sex with a white man being forced is so incorrect. You can't shape a narrative based on your beliefs, you have to pay attention to what's happening on the screen.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
wasn't a problem with Omar in the Wire. It's the way it was done in this joint. There was nothing so far that indicated dude was non harlem and then all of a sudden BAM! I mean, again I see what they were trying to do, but it wasn't necessary. Esp considering the shyt he dealt with. Pent up frustration and anger from cac racism and deception makes you want to take revenge by fukkin the same cats literally in return? :dahell:
I'm still wondering why you need to be given indication that someone is gay. In real life someone can be gay and you not know until you are told. Would it be acceptable to be angry at that person because they didn't give you a clue first?

As far as the rest of what you wrote, it's already been discussed thoroughly in the last couple pages.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm still wondering why you need to be given indication that someone is gay. In real life someone can be gay and you not know until you are told. Would it be acceptable to be angry at that person because they didn't give you a clue first?

As far as the rest of what you wrote, it's already been discussed thoroughly in the last couple pages.

What was the point though?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I noticed her husband is effeminate as shyt....the white kids father had him shook on some passive agressive not answering the door shyt....i also noticed the black cop in the first episode got lit the fukk up....i love they have a strong heterosexual black woman as the lead....but wheres her counterpart?

Nah... he is staying at home because he had an accident and he is strong, he tells Angela what needs to be said. I think there's more to him than all we have seen too.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
What was the point though?
Of him being gay? Does being gay need to have a point? What's the point of Angela Abar being straight. They could have easily pulled her storyline with her being a lesbian instead of having a husband.

The only answer I have for your question is that Will wasn't made gay for some purpose in regards to the storyline. Lindelof wrote this show as a sort of sequel to the Watchmen graphic novel. They refer to it as the Old Testament. So in using a character from the Old Testament that he knew was gay, he had to show that he wasn't violating what was true in that story. Hooded Justice is gay because he was written that way originally. He wasn't going to change that

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah... he is staying at home because he had an accident and he is strong, he tells Angela what needs to be said. I think there's more to him than all we have seen too.

FOH GOOFY.

THERES NOTHING STRONG ABOUT THAT CLOWN
"ARE WE SAFE?"

ANGELA TOOK A SHOTTY TO THE CHEST
PROTECTING THIS nikka
YET SHES STILL FIGHTING CACS
AND YOU TALKING ABOUT HIS "ACCIDENT"
:devil:
:evil: