Official Watchmen Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I haven't seen the series yet and just read this page, I think I might want to actually hook it up so I'll stop reading here.

Just wanted to throw in that I really like flashbacks when done right, then can broader character depth and development a lot by showing life influences that never could be portrayed within the series' own time frame. "Lost" had a lot of dumb shyt but I felt the regular flashbacks made that series because they did such a good job of showing how the characters got to where they were and what was driving their behavior - without those flashbacks there would have had to be stupid expository conversations that always suck.
Good point, I liked Lost overall but the ending was terrible. I think my bias is more recent than that show tho. Lost at least juxtaposed the flashbacks with the character they were concentrating on in the present day so it had better cohesion.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
For anyone wanting to get more immersed in the world

Peteypedia

And if you want to hear from Lindelof in regards to creating Watchmen and some insider thoughts on the episodes that have been released:

Watchmen - The Official Watchmen Podcast

I was surprised to hear Lindelof bring up Ta-Nehisi Coates in regards to how he came up with the theme of the series... Very eye-opening

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Hilarious thread the coli doesn't disappoint. I don't care about the gay shyt but it was executed poorly. For a guy who saw Black people in mass killed by whites, to being the lynched by white cops, to then see they are part of a underground racist movement, to then trust a white dude he just met with his deepest secret doesn't play. He would be wary of white people at least. But he seemed to dive right in (pause) and this is a time where batty boy behavior is really not tolerated. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Question, the Nostalgia pills were found by Angela immediately after Lou Gossett hung Don Johnson. Silk Spectre does some real weak exposition how they were created. How does Angela see the hanging of Don Johnson in the flashback if dude had the pills on him already?
The crystal technology is kinda weak even by science fiction standards.
Also, in the book isn't Night Owl I the first Minute Man not Hooded Justice? The book starts with a chapter from his book talking about why he started dressing up to fight crime and he was the cop not Hooded Justice. Could have made Will that character instead of batty man HJ but whatever. I think they wanted representation and HJ is a quick route to that.
One of the weaker episodes IMO but I am biased, I don't like flashback/dream episodes of TV shows. It's like self-indulgent writing IMO. Tell the story at hand please and if you are going to do it keep it to a minimum.

Nothing to say but
:ohhh:...:yeshrug:...:russ:

The writers obviously didn't think that one through.
They forgot how their own technobabble worked.

She got the pills when her car was returned to her. They were in the glove box, I'd assume the most recent memories were added.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
She got the pills when her car was returned to her. They were in the glove box, I'd assume the most recent memories were added.
Still pills are made for him right? And the shyt just happened. Why add that? Or did they know she would take them in a rush before going to jail? lol

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Still pills are made for him right? And the shyt just happened. Why add that? Or did they know she would take them in a rush before going to jail? lol

I think the assumption was once she realized he was her grandfather and that the pills were nostalgia pills, she would take them.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think the assumption was once she realized he was her grandfather and that the pills were nostalgia pills, she would take them.
Up until she did take them it didn't seem likely but thinking about Will and Lady True I could see them thinking that.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I didn't remember that. I guess that makes sense, with Treiu saying that leaving the pills behind was passive aggressive behavior.
He wanted her to know what he did and understand why he did it.