Official Watchmen Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In regards to the show, I'd like you to explain to me where Will showed a disdain for white people. He joined the police as the only black man, in an all-white force, and seemingly had no problem working with them. Even after he was nearly lynched, the very first thing he did was save a white couple from an attempted assault and robbery. You're trying to coincide his hate for racists for his hate for white people (which he didn't appear to have) in order to make the point that his homosexual relationship with a white man makes no sense. That's incorrect.

You're right.. Will never showed a disdain for all white people though he probably should have. I think he may have finally reached that point that all white people ain't shyt.. I think a younger Will would have let the sheriff slide but when the sheriff was unapologetic and even proud of his heritage, that was the wrong muthafukkin answer..

It might have taken Will 105 years to realize that they ain't never gonna change. After the minute men sold him out and he's back around F.T. & Sons, that seemed to be the breaking point of "fukk this... not today" :violent:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You sound like a bigot trying to make ignorance sound intelligent

you are the only one using covert shaming tactics here.
which were developed by gay romans for their covert cryptic principal lacking dealing socially, politically, etc
which is why dey have the term and tricknology based label of liberal.
after already misappropriating a movie title with the word gay in the same manner.
the same type of hidden shaming cryptic covert assault featured in how you talk.
just like this show.

you got sumfin you wanna keep to yourself but you would show you not supposed to be in an antigay culture based board.

As hiphop is strictly distinct about being antigay.
hiphop is against being jiggy and disco.
if you need the shyt spelled out for you.

art barr

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
You're right.. Will never showed a disdain for all white people though he probably should have. I think he may have finally reached that point that all white people ain't shyt.. I think a younger Will would have let the sheriff slide but when the sheriff was unapologetic and even proud of his heritage, that was the wrong muthafukkin answer..

It might have taken Will 105 years to realize that they ain't never gonna change. After the minute men sold him out and he's back around F.T. & Sons, that seemed to be the breaking point of "fukk this... not today" :violent:
It's almost like this is a show full of nuance :ohhh:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
you are the only one using covert shaming tactics here.
which were developed by gay romans for their covert cryptic principal lacking dealing socially, politically, etc
which is why dey have the term and tricknology based label of liberal.
after already misappropriating a movie title with the word gay in the same manner.
the same type of hidden shaming cryptic covert assault featured in how you talk.
just like this show.

you got sumfin you wanna keep to yourself but you would show you not supposed to be in an antigay culture based board.

As hiphop is strictly distinct about being antigay.
hiphop is against being jiggy and disco.
if you need the shyt spelled out for you.

art barr
Exactly when did you fall off? You used to be a good poster

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Of course Hollyweird crackas gon make the nikka gay. They make us either gay or p*ssy in everything lol.

The using the Watchmen license to just make they own sick story and push they agendas
Did you perhaps notice the main character and her husband were black and are not gay?

Did you also notice that there might be more than one gay white person on the show?

:francis:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Allo this could have been done or told without dude being made gay. Yes, hj was alluded to being gay in the comic but he was also white. So just as he was made black in this show to differ from the comic, they could have done the same with his sexual orientation. Especially considering the trauma and bullshyt cacs put him thru. the only time we truly see that he may have been non Harlem is the business card scene but for the end of it to shift IMMEDIATELY to blowing his back out!!?!! Cmon man. These cacs killed his parents and other innocent black people, hung him, and just were doing cac shyt all around and I'm supposed to believe some gay repressed sexuality just comes out of nowhere with Metro trying to hollar to the point he fukkin him in the ass the next scene?
Exactly he was gay in the comics but was he shown blowing Cacs backs out in the comics?? I doubt it??
You know why??? Cause nobody wants to see that shyt except other fags and their agenda to normalize fakkitry

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He was gay in the comic. I don't get why you guys are so adamant to belabor that point. He was not a main character for it to matter to specifically state that he was gay and for the time period that he was in it's not something that would be publicized or promoted. There's a reason Alan Moore wrote The Watchmen the way he did and any true reader of the book would agree that Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis had an undercover relationship when they were in the Minutemen. You don't need to be told something is true when you're being smacked in the face with all of the underlying facts of the situation.

In regards to the show, I'd like you to explain to me where Will showed a disdain for white people. He joined the police as the only black man, in an all-white force, and seemingly had no problem working with them. Even after he was nearly lynched, the very first thing he did was save a white couple from an attempted assault and robbery. You're trying to coincide his hate for racists for his hate for white people (which he didn't appear to have) in order to make the point that his homosexual relationship with a white man makes no sense. That's incorrect.

My whole point is that changes were made in the show vs the comic for the character. It just seemed forced imo. Doesn't take away from how good the episode was but the story was being told fine without the complete wtf swerve we saw. If they were gonna go that route and make him still parallel the comic HJ, they could've planted seeds earlier. Just my opinion.

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
Did you perhaps notice the main character and her husband were black and are not gay?

Did you also notice that there might be more than one gay white person on the show?

:francis:

I noticed her husband is effeminate as shyt....the white kids father had him shook on some passive agressive not answering the door shyt....i also noticed the black cop in the first episode got lit the fukk up....i love they have a strong heterosexual black woman as the lead....but wheres her counterpart?