Official Watchmen Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Of him being gay? Does being gay need to have a point? What's the point of Angela Abar being straight. They could have easily pulled her storyline with her being a lesbian instead of having a husband.

The only answer I have for your question is that Will wasn't made gay for some purpose in regards to the storyline. Lindelof wrote this show as a sort of sequel to the Watchmen graphic novel. They refer to it as the Old Testament. So in using a character from the Old Testament that he knew was gay, he had to show that he wasn't violating what was true in that story. Hooded Justice is gay because he was written that way originally. He wasn't going to change that
:ehh:

Just wish it was executed better

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Late pass

Did y'all peep the F.T. & Son's grocery store name?

When they made a reference to Hooded Justice being on Jamaica Avenue, I thought it was just a case of the show creators just picking the name of a random famous New York street. I just assumed the police station was supposed to be in Harlem, and that the writers didn't know that Jamaica Avenue is like 10 miles away.

Now I realized they picked Jamaica Avenue for a reason.:troll:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So hol' up....Breh duked him in the butt, then dissed him when it came time to fight for black rights:stopitslime:....yea, this aint it pimp:hhh:...im here for Ozymandias and the Doctor any and everything else gets a hard pass...thank god for youtube clips.
Still trying to figure Ozy's endgame outside of escaping of course

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:russ: Why does Regina King have white kids?
For the storyline she's taking care of kids orphaned during the White Night of which she was a victim.

For overarching purposes, its to show the contrast between the world we live in and this alternate history where Robert Redford was president for 30 years, blacks get reparations for crimes like Black Wall Street and racism is treated the way it should be

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hilarious thread the coli doesn't disappoint. I don't care about the gay shyt but it was executed poorly. For a guy who saw Black people in mass killed by whites, to being the lynched by white cops, to then see they are part of a underground racist movement, to then trust a white dude he just met with his deepest secret doesn't play. He would be wary of white people at least. But he seemed to dive right in (pause) and this is a time where batty boy behavior is really not tolerated. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Question, the Nostalgia pills were found by Angela immediately after Lou Gossett hung Don Johnson. Silk Spectre does some real weak exposition how they were created. How does Angela see the hanging of Don Johnson in the flashback if dude had the pills on him already?
The crystal technology is kinda weak even by science fiction standards.
Also, in the book isn't Night Owl I the first Minute Man not Hooded Justice? The book starts with a chapter from his book talking about why he started dressing up to fight crime and he was the cop not Hooded Justice. Could have made Will that character instead of batty man HJ but whatever. I think they wanted representation and HJ is a quick route to that.
One of the weaker episodes IMO but I am biased, I don't like flashback/dream episodes of TV shows. It's like self-indulgent writing IMO. Tell the story at hand please and if you are going to do it keep it to a minimum.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Question, the Nostalgia pills were found by Angela immediately after Lou Gossett hung Don Johnson. Silk Spectre does some real weak exposition how they were created. How does Angela see the hanging of Don Johnson in the flashback if dude had the pills on him already?
Nothing to say but
:ohhh:...:yeshrug:...:russ:

The writers obviously didn't think that one through.
They forgot how their own technobabble worked.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
One of the weaker episodes IMO but I am biased, I don't like flashback/dream episodes of TV shows. It's like self-indulgent writing IMO. Tell the story at hand please and if you are going to do it keep it to a minimum.
I haven't seen the series yet and just read this page, I think I might want to actually hook it up so I'll stop reading here.

Just wanted to throw in that I really like flashbacks when done right, then can broader character depth and development a lot by showing life influences that never could be portrayed within the series' own time frame. "Lost" had a lot of dumb shyt but I felt the regular flashbacks made that series because they did such a good job of showing how the characters got to where they were and what was driving their behavior - without those flashbacks there would have had to be stupid expository conversations that always suck.