Official Watchmen Thread

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
yet another TV show dropped due to the unnecessary gay shyt. :gag: You got more gay people in TV shows than, Black American, asian American and latin American despite all three groups having way higher population numbers. You can't tell me they ain't a fukking agenda. fukking bullshyt. :scust:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
yet another TV show dropped due to the unnecessary gay shyt. :gag: You got more gay people in TV shows than, Black American, asian American and latin American despite all three groups having way higher population numbers. You can't tell me they ain't a fukking agenda. fukking bullshyt. :scust:

No way this is true. Is this just anecdotal from what you watch or....?

I buy that LGBTQ characters probably have more representation than Latino or Asian, but black? I'd need to see proof of that :patrice:

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
So what are they tryna portray? That gay black men are the real heros standing up for black people and fighting the white man?

I mean lets be real gay black men are the same as the mammy/bedwenches in real life. Plus they have this scorned bytch personality against black men cause we dont agree with that lifestyle. So most of them think white men keeping black men down are some type of justice for them....even though they are black.

Yall always tryna depend on white media to bring some real pro black shyt to the table. It will never happen. Even Black Panther had shades of WS all up in it. Yall keep dreaming though.:obama:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
df968ad16a8db46f35a7698502784ea9067c620112a2d4fb8295c2501f2b21dd.png

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
No way this is true. Is this just anecdotal from what you watch or....?

I buy that LGBTQ characters probably have more representation than Latino or Asian, but black? I'd need to see proof of that :patrice:
Stop watching the major TV shows, hardly any black people full blooded black people in non popular TV shows. I don't count mixed raced people as they ain't black.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Stop watching the major TV shows, hardly any black people full blooded black people in non popular TV shows. I don't count mixed raced people as they ain't black.

I don't watch hardly any TV anymore. I was just genuinely curious about the data.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what are they tryna portray? That gay black men are the real heros standing up for black people and fighting the white man?

I mean lets be real gay black men are the same as the mammy/bedwenches in real life. Plus they have this scorned bytch personality against black men cause we dont agree with that lifestyle. So most of them think white men keeping black men down are some type of justice for them....even though they are black.

Yall always tryna depend on white media to bring some real pro black shyt to the table. It will never happen. Even Black Panther had shades of WS all up in it. Yall keep dreaming though.:obama:

Well for starters, he didn't become Hooded Justice because he was gay... not in the context of the SHOW at least unlike in the graphic novel where he was concealed due to the implied fact he was gay. On the show, he became hooded justice because he was a black man who was angry at the racial injustice that's being pushed without any accountability or justice by those who supposed to uphold the law and in fact the law is in cahoots with the racial injustice. No where in that did it suggest it was due to him being gay.

It is because he got in bed with a white man is what ruined his credibility. It tarnished his marriage and got him separated from his own child and his lineage. Hooded Justice isn't heroic at all. Had he not fall into that homosexual relationship and followed that white man into joining the Minutemen which was really a ruse and wasn't truly combating true injustice, the Cyclop Klan wouldn't been able to mass produce those projectors nationwide and it was too late before he realized he been hoodwinked by his so-called gay lover that only cared of being his bed-wench. After that, he was no longer seeking justice, but vengeance. He's not at all a heroic character. He went from aspiring to be like Rancher Bass Reeves in the silent movie to using the same tools that those white devils are using to seek his own vengeance. It's all because of this choice of being gay and bedding with a white devil with the naive presumption that he's down for the cause is why he was separated from his own family with only the grudge of his destroyed history to comfort him.

It boggles the mind that people really think dude is a true hero. He supposed to be viewed negatively. To evolve to be no different nor better than the devils that transformed him since he was a child.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Angela is the hero and always has been the hero.

If what's going to happen that I THINK going to happen, then I agree. I think the true villains are her grandfather and Lady Trieu. I suspect the huge clock that's being made is one enormous projector to control the masses. In contrast, I believe the 7th Cavalry are prepping to tell the world that everything they were told was a lie. I think Angela is going to the in the crosshairs between fighting against a group think society vs that are self-aware and disillusioned.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
If what's going to happen that I THINK going to happen, then I agree. I think the true villains are her grandfather and Lady Trieu. I suspect the huge clock that's being made is one enormous projector to control the masses. In contrast, I believe the 7th Cavalry are prepping to tell the world that everything they were told was a lie. I think Angela is going to the in the crosshairs between fighting against a group think society vs that are self-aware and disillusioned.

This is a bad take on Watchmen’s motif. When you start talking about villains and heroes you are missing the point completely.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Well for starters, he didn't become Hooded Justice because he was gay... not in the context of the SHOW at least unlike in the graphic novel where he was concealed due to the implied fact he was gay. On the show, he became hooded justice because he was a black man who was angry at the racial injustice that's being pushed without any accountability or justice by those who supposed to uphold the law and in fact the law is in cahoots with the racial injustice. No where in that did it suggest it was due to him being gay.

It is because he got in bed with a white man is what ruined his credibility. It tarnished his marriage and got him separated from his own child and his lineage. Hooded Justice isn't heroic at all. Had he not fall into that homosexual relationship and followed that white man into joining the Minutemen which was really a ruse and wasn't truly combating true injustice, the Cyclop Klan wouldn't been able to mass produce those projectors nationwide and it was too late before he realized he been hoodwinked by his so-called gay lover that only cared of being his bed-wench. After that, he was no longer seeking justice, but vengeance. He's not at all a heroic character. He went from aspiring to be like Rancher Bass Reeves in the silent movie to using the same tools that those white devils are using to seek his own vengeance. It's all because of this choice of being gay and bedding with a white devil with the naive presumption that he's down for the cause is why he was separated from his own family with only the grudge of his destroyed history to comfort him.

It boggles the mind that people really think dude is a true hero. He supposed to be viewed negatively. To evolve to be no different nor better than the devils that transformed him since he was a child.

So to sum up this post. You saw some gay stuff happen and nothing else matters.

Hooded Justice wasn’t going to get crap done no matter what. For the same reason Will Reeves the police officer wasn’t.

The system protects itself.

Will knew who the Cyclops members in the police force were but just like that white desk clerk he was told to leave it alone. He could have exposed them at any moment. But the word of a black man isn’t going do anything.

HJ could have exposed them too. But that’s not what the Minutemen are for. They’re just props to sell government bonds with squeaky clean images.

Metropolis is the same as that desk clerk. Just trying to get along.

HJ only protected a small area of New York. He was never going to stop a nation wide shadow organization like the KKK. He only realized that after he’d lost everything to try.

So you are right he did lose credibility with Metropolis. Cause he thought a fellow hero would be different from the same corrupt system he was already in.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
im still :mindblown: on how out of nowhere this dude becomes a faqq.. :mjtf:
I dont give a fukk about the character being homo in the comics niether..
The way that shyt was revealed was in such bad taste. They just gonna casually cut to a scene of ol boy blowing SuperCacs back out like it was something normal. That shyt was so unnecessary and disgusting...I'm completely offended and turned off from the series now.. :pacspit: fukk hollywierd and their agenda

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a bad take on Watchmen’s motif. When you start talking about villains and heroes you are missing the point completely.

I didn't mean literal heroes and literal villains... more like how Veidt in the graphic novel was technically a villain, but really a hero if you want to use perspective. I am speaking in that vein.... I believe in the minds of Lady Trieu and Reeves, they are the big heros by doing whatever they supposed to be doing, but it'll be morally corrupt whereas the 7th Cavalry maybe doing what people presume as morally corrupt, but actually heroic. And I believe that Angela is going to be pitted in the middle.

Basically it'll be the whole Rorschach vs Veidt debate again where Rorschach want society to know the absolute truth whereas Veidt felt the need that society need to be lied to in order to save themselves. So, just my prediction or suspicion, Lady Trieu and Reeves, following in the same vein as Veidt is most likely going to use the huge clock as a brainwashing projector to control society and strip them away from free will, even if it mean for them to live in a utopia. Whereas, the 7th Cavalry are truth tellers and they are set to expose that society's entire reality been an absolute lie, the same way they exposed this truth to Looking Glass, but they're intending to do it in a grander scale, not too sure what, but the transporting devices are key in their reveal of the truth to society.

So, this leaves Angela to decide which is more important? A total society that lives in peace but loses all free will, and have no control in their lives whatsoever? OR be exposed to the TRUTH about everything and bring society into likely chaos as a result?