Official Watchmen Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they have some really good music and some not-so-good music. Pretty experimental band, so there is some hit or miss there. Also they have some strange album layouts, like they have an album where every single track is called Ghost 1 1-8, Ghost 2 1-7, Ghost 3 1-6, Ghost and thats the entire album. Old town road samples one of the Ghost track. I'd check out pretty hate machine to get an idea of them.

nice!

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
There's another fandom page that mention's Hidden Justice's German heritage, but doesn't mention homosexuality. Fandom is like Wikipedia, and can be edited by anybody. As such, I think we should stick to the source material; and in the graphic novel, there is nothing conclusive that says that Hidden Justice is gay.
I mean, what do you find conclusive? Him holding hands with Captain Metropolis not enough for you? The fact that we're even debating whether he was gay, probably means he was gay. No one is out there throwing out theories Night Owl was gay or Dr. Manhattan was gay. You can do a google search and find people talking about Hooded justice being gay over a decade ago.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I mean, what do you find conclusive? Him holding hands with Captain Metropolis not enough for you? The fact that we're even debating whether he was gay, probably means he was gay. No one is out there throwing out theories Night Owl was gay or Dr. Manhattan was gay. You can do a google search and find people talking about Hooded justice being gay over a decade ago.
:snooze:
You're late to the party. I've been in this thread since this morning, and have already heard every argument you're going to make.
If you want Hooded Justice to be gay in the graphic novel, so be it. You can't and won't convince me to agree with you, nor will you convince me that they needed the gay sex scene with Will last night.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
:snooze:
You're late to the party. I've been in this thread since this morning, and have already heard every argument you're going to make.
If you want Hooded Justice to be gay in the graphic novel, so be it. You can't and won't convince me to agree with you, nor will you convince me that they needed the gay sex scene with Will last night.
my bad then :ehh: carry on :myman:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it interesting how wildly upset people are that Hooded Justice was really a gay black man without even realizing that this episode was actually CONDEMNING him for being a gay black man. There's a point to and a reference of it being shown as a negative to not only live a double life as a crime fighter, but as a lover. This was why after he realized that white devil, Mr. Metropolis, was only using him for sexual pleasure is why he realized at his son wanting to be like him and why his wife blamed him for being that influence and left his ass. It wasn't suppose to be promoted as a GOOD THING of the fact he was gay.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT
THE MORE IM DISGUSTED...

THIS DUDE FOUND THE CYCLOPS HEADQUATERS ON HIS 1ST DAY IN FULL COSTUME...

HE KNEW WHO THE COPS WERE AND EVERYTHING...

GAY CAC SHOWS UP
AND HE COMPLETELY IGNORES THE KKK
FOR 10 YRS, WHILE THEY GREW
FROM A GROCERY STORE TO A WAREHOUSE,
CONTINUED TO SERVE IN THE DEPARTMENT
WITH THOSE CACS AND ALLOWED
THEM TO DEVELOP TECH THAT MASSACRED
A WHOLE THEATER OF BLACKS
JUST SO HE COULD GET SOME GAY ASS.

BUCK BREAKING
:devil:
:evil:

Which is exactly the point they was making.... this was a negative commentary. Not promoted as a pro-gay episode.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I find it interesting how wildly upset people are that Hooded Justice was really a gay black man without even realizing that this episode was actually CONDEMNING him for being a gay black man. There's a point to and a reference of it being shown as a negative to not only live a double life as a crime fighter, but as a lover. This was why after he realized that white devil, Mr. Metropolis, was only using him for sexual pleasure is why he realized at his son wanting to be like him and why his wife blamed him for being that influence and left his ass. It wasn't suppose to be promoted as a GOOD THING of the fact he was gay.

None of what you’re saying stems from being gay.

It’s trauma. She literally tells him that he’s angry and holding it in after all the trauma he’s faced.

The point was that he thought HJ was making things better but he was just running into the same corruption( police, KKK), non-action (Minutemen/ US WWI) and violence towards blacks that he saw in Tulsa( movie theater violence).

His son was going internalize the same violence/ oppression as him. Not because the son was gay or straight.

His straight father brought it back from WWI as the letter and literally handed it to him.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No, because of the way Omar was presented. Shortly after Omar was introduced on the Wire, we learned about his relationship with Brandon. Also, there was no backstory that ever painted Omar as anything but a man who did anything except rob drug dealers. However, because of the way Omar was written & portrayed, most of us grew to love and admire the character. His sexuality didn't matter. He was actually one of my 3 favorite characters from the Wire.

Will/Hooded Justice was portrayed as a sympathetic but strong Black family man who had survived the Tulsa massacre, police beatings, and an attempted lynching. We then saw Will bravley & singlehandedly beat down a group of white criminals before returning home to his wife.
Shortly after that, we see Will blowing Captain Metropolis's back out with no storyline build up, and no further bearing on the story. It was a case of Hollywood making the Black hero gay just for the sake of making him gay. THAT'S what we don't like!

Nuff said. At least if they left some gay clues along the way up to that point, it wouldn't have seemed so random as fukk. Yes once we knew Will was HJ that the gay shyt was coming but at least put some crumbs out there to not wtf the audience.

It's kinda ridiculous to think a nikka that survived all the racist cac shyt that happened to him would fukk a cac like that out of nowhere.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Okay. We're just going in circles. You're still saying that there were hints about Hooded Justice, I'm still saying that hints don't equal confirmation.
Just shake my hand and let's K.I.M.
I'm just trying to show you that it was more than "hints." If you want to actively ignore it because you don't see a nikka kissing another nikka in the mouth, then hey it is what it is. There's definitely more evidence that he was gay than that he was black

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I'm just trying to show you that it was more than "hints." If you want to actively ignore it because you don't see a nikka kissing another nikka in the mouth, then hey it is what it is. There's definitely more evidence that he was gay than that he was black
You're comparing the comic version with Will. There were allusions in the graphic novel to indicate HJ's sexuality, there was nothing in the HBO series that alluded to Will being gay, hence the shoehorned gay sex scene.
I'm busy watching Black Lightning now, you are more than welcomed to join the convo in that thread.