Official Watchmen Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
An arranged marriage is not a fake relationship

The Clinton's stayed married after bill was caught before there relationship was sincere as far as I know.

So you agree that gay men back in the day had fake relationships.
I said that people now and in the past partake in fake relationships.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Yes you are bugging, continue reading the full statement. It’s not that long.

I disagree that his closeted homosexuality didn’t have an effect on his anger. The episode opens with dramatized HJ doling out anti-gay justice and they have Will talking about “how did you know?” in an obvious double entendre
This is not an answer. Neither of these is an example of the show presenting homosexuality as having a hindering effect on anger. In fact the first is a piece of fiction that doesn't even have to do with Will, and the second occurs after an act of sex. What does EITHER of these scenes have to do with what happened to him at Tulsa or his near lynching after becoming a police officer? It doesn't. You'd have an easier time arguing how being a police officer dilutes the trauma of the riots being a driving force behind his anger than his homosexuality because at least there's a visible cross-section there.

Daps
This is not an answer. Neither of these is an example of the show presenting homosexuality as having a hindering effect on anger. In fact the first is a piece of fiction that doesn't even have to do with Will, and the second occurs after an act of sex. What does EITHER of these scenes have to do with what happened to him at Tulsa or his near lynching after becoming a police officer? It doesn't. You'd have an easier time arguing how being a police officer dilutes the trauma of the riots being a driving force behind his anger than his homosexuality because at least there's a visible cross-section there.

My nikka, tf are you talking about? Hindering his anger? :dahell:

I said it dilutes the driving force for his anger. I’m talking narratively.

What do you think was purpose of making him gay?

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Rock Hudson did it to hide his sexuality

Bill nore Hillary did not come from money so that union was sincere
Rock Hudson kept beards (that's the proper term, right?) to protect his career.
Allegedly, Bill and Hillary have pretended to stay married for the sake of optics and public image as well. Loveless marriages aren't uncommon.

Trump and his wife allegedly have a fake relationship.
Also, according to some, Corey Booker and Rosario Dawson's relationship is also phony.

Why they fake their relationships isn't important. I simply said earlier that people fake relationships. Apparently, you agree with that.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You can't compare a comic book character who was not really a part of the main story, but was really just a bit piece for world building in a really deep story to someone who lives their life in the public. And even if it made sense to make this comparison, the problem is that the same sources that came out proving Prince was a p*ssy magnet are the same sources that are burying Hooded Justice in the comic book. We got a perspective from both the original Night Owl and Silk Spectre (who was noted as being EXTREMELY close to Hooded Justice) and neither one could confirm his heterosexuality. In fact, it seemed they were actively hinting that he WAS homosexual while trying to protect his personal life. It's not like Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis were the only men in the Minutemen...but they were the only ones suspected of homosexuality within members of the group
Okay. We're just going in circles. You're still saying that there were hints about Hooded Justice, I'm still saying that hints don't equal confirmation.
Just shake my hand and let's K.I.M.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This really. I was absolutely baffled at the preview saying 'the final three episodes'. How the fukk are they going to wrap everything up when it seems like half the subplots haven't even left act 1?
This is precisely why I'm not entirely invested in the show. I don't have confidence this season will end well, nor will it pick everything back up should it get a second season (which it probably will).

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

1:09 on been lowkey stuck in my head for 2 weeks. Is all Nine Inch Nails music this good?

"You aint neva herd NiN breh? :dwillhuh::mindblown::damn:"

No I haven't. Most white bands weren't exactly my thing coming up. Take me to court :manny:

they have some really good music and some not-so-good music. Pretty experimental band, so there is some hit or miss there. Also they have some strange album layouts, like they have an album where every single track is called Ghost 1 1-8, Ghost 2 1-7, Ghost 3 1-6, Ghost and thats the entire album. Old town road samples one of the Ghost track. I'd check out pretty hate machine to get an idea of them.

Last edited:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
The episode was great. The whole point is Will Reeves has a lot of repressed anger, pain and hurt from seeing his family and entire world burned up because of the color of his skin. Those types of trauma manifest itself in a variety of different ways. He joints the police force thinking he can undo the wrong and fiat have some justice for what happened to his people but is met with even more contempt and hatred from his fellow officers who are suppose to be his “brothers in arms”. He meets Captain Metropolis who promises him the companionship he thought he needed to help fight the racist system and also he can finally express the apparent homosexuality he was hiding as a result of the massacre of his family and Metropolis took advantage of Will both as a hero ( the way he propped him at the press conference and talked about some bullshyt Moloch solar weapon when Will was talking about the real problem, the mind control cameras from the racist) and as a young man confuses about his sexuality. He just used him a sex toy that’s it. The point of that quick scene is just show how Will no matter what he did was never fully accepted. And for those stuck on the gay sex, once Will saw his son try to imitate him, he quickly tried to end the cycle that created him. He doesn’t like the path he has walked. He hates who he has become and wants his son to be on a different path. Which work since we have Regina King character....

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
nikka WHAT?

THIS MAY BE THE WORST REACH IN THE THREAD.
:devil:
:evil:

not a reach. I read an article with the writer who continues to point out that the massacre is source of all the trauma that Will feels throughout his life which leads to him having these kinda feelings. You know what fukk it, it’s just gonna be a back and forth because people have agendas and they can’t come to grip that black super hero maybe a homosexual as a tragic character quirk because they feel it will represent black men in a bad way. Nevermind that Will saves countless black lives from those mind control projectors or he currently trying to help his grand daughter be her true self.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
nikka WHAT?

THIS MAY BE THE WORST REACH IN THE THREAD.

Trauma can alter people's sexuality and behavior. Will lost his whole family and was probably searching for a father figure the rest of his life. Also wonder when you all will realize that just like "The Boys" most of the minutemen in the watchmen were not good people and most of them were borderline insane or completely insane.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
not a reach. I read an article with the writer who continues to point out that the massacre is source of all the trauma that Will feels throughout his life which leads to him having these kinda feelings. You know what fukk it, it’s just gonna be a back and forth because people have agendas and they can’t come to grip that black super hero maybe a homosexual as a tragic character quirk because they feel it will represent black men in a bad way. Nevermind that Will saves countless black lives from those mind control projectors or he currently trying to help his grand daughter be her true self.

:mjlol:THE WHITE WRITER SAID THIS
AND YOU ATE IT UP HUH?

YOU nikkaS ARE PATHETIC.