Official Watchmen Thread

Daps
Guys, it's natural to not enjoy gay sex scenes as a heterosexual, but it's not normal to distill the entire episode down to a 5 second cheek clapping scene. Some of you all need to grow the fukk up. Also being gay isn't by definition emasculating, this guy was beating the fukk out of cacs and killing them. I've known gay dudes who would beat the fukk out of anyone who said a word about them being gay. You can be gay and manly. If you think Lindelof just wanted to emasculate another black man when this whole show is about combating cacs and their racism you're a fukking retard. This is an amazingly created show from the writing, cinematography to the music. Sit back and enjoy, stop being little fukking bytches

If that’s what the show was about, then why undermine it by making him gay at all?

The episode opens with the dramatized Hooded Justice putting some gay bashers in their place, so it wasn’t some insignificant aspect to HJ’s being. Justice for black folk ain’t enough, he’s gotta be fighting for LGBTQLMNOP too:snoop:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
This really. I was absolutely baffled at the preview saying 'the final three episodes'. How the fukk are they going to wrap everything up when it seems like half the subplots haven't even left act 1?
It's a fair point. We still don't know what the real threat is although I suppose 3 hours is enough to flesh it out and then resolve (or not resolve) the threat. This is very much in the vein of the Watchmen books though. No one figures out who's pulling the strings and what the endgame is until the last couple of issues. And by the time they figure it out and confront Veidt...he's already completed his plan.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It might explain the beef between Lindelof and Moore on the creation of the show despite Lindelof trying repeatedly to get Moore on board. Lindelof trying to show Moore that he isn't tainting his creation, and Moore chafing at the fact that Hooded Justice has been changed to a black man.

His comments about birth of nation goes deeper now.:ohhh:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Him being a closeted gay man dilutes the trauma of the Tulsa riots driving his anger.
I don't see how his sexual orientation dilutes the trauma of anything. How does whether he fukks a man or a woman lessen the breh witnessing one of the most heinous acts of racist violence in our nations history? It obviously didn't lessen his anger cause he still ended up merking a dozen Klan members and burnt them up after a disappointing conversation with his boo. So I have to assume you think that him being a witness and a victim of hate crimes is LESS because he doesn't enjoy penetrating vagina. Is that your opinion?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So is everyone thinking Lindelof will stick the landing?

Does it hinge on what Trieu and Keene’s plans amount to in comparison to the squid?

What happened to Manhattan and Veidt?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The key phrase in that statement is "under the guise of guys being guys."

For instance shyt like making crude comments objectifying women in public. If somebody were to point out why that's wrong, the default excuse used to be "well that's just men being men." That is toxic masculinity. This conversation we're having about a man being gay being emasculating because "real men aren't gay" is toxic masculinity. Being a father, a husband, a strong black man...that's not toxic masculinity....that's just being a father, a husband, a strong black man.

Trust me there's toxic femininity also...society just haven't gotten around to calling it out because toxic masculinity is viewed as (and may or may not be) worse

If a guy objectifies or makes crude remarks towards women, that's not masculinity's fault. Maybe that particular guy is just an azzhole.
All men shouldn't be painted with the same brush.
As far as being gay, a man can sleep with men and still be masculine. James Baldwin was gay, but he was masculine. Richard Pryor allegedly slept with men, but he was still masculine. I wouldn't say that their masculinity made them toxic, nor would I say that their homosexuality made them effeminate. At the end of the day, they carried themselves like men.
Seeing Black men reduced to the fukkery in the clip below is truly what's toxic, because that is what is slowly becoming the accepted imagery of the Black man.

Gay or straight, we should not want this type of toxic imagery to be perpetuated upon us.

Daps
I don't see how his sexual orientation dilutes the trauma of anything. How does whether he fukks a man or a woman lessen the breh witnessing one of the most heinous acts of racist violence in our nations history? It obviously didn't lessen his anger cause he still ended up merking a dozen Klan members and burnt them up after a disappointing conversation with his boo. So I have to assume you think that him being a witness and a victim of hate crimes is LESS because he doesn't enjoy penetrating vagina. Is that your opinion?

I didn’t say it dilutes the trauma, tf are you rambling about?

I said it dilutes the trauma of the riots being the force behind his anger.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
between this and The Boys, I am liking the real portrayal of what heroes would be like

this is such a oxymoronical sentence.

“the real portrayal of what heroes would be like“ :skip:

Coli nikkas so intellectually handicapped that any portrayal deviating from the status quo becomes impressive and gets propped as some intellectual crutch.

The Boys - portrays supposed heroes as self cantered egotistical morally bankrupt dikkheads.

Coli nikka - I am loving this real portrayal of what heroes would be like

:laff::laff:

btw, I like The Boys. your comment is just an oxymoron and using low hanging fruit like “oh look, maybe powerful beings wouldn’t be so selfless” as if that was some sort of novel line of thought.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I didn’t say it dilutes the trauma, tf are you rambling about?

I said it dilutes the trauma of the riots being the force behind his anger.
:dwillhuh:

Am I buggin or....?

Edit: And let's be clear....I asked you a question in regards to how it "dilutes the trauma of the riots." Regardless of whether he was straight or gay he still committed acts of anger SOLELY because of what happened to him as a black man. Him being gay didn't heighten or lessen a single thing about that.

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Maybe but you would've had to explain a lot more going in that direction in regards to canon continuity
Not really. Let's try a different angle. Let's replace Hooded Justice with Prince. Back in the day, there were hella questions about Prince's sexuality, but despite the rumors, innuendo, high heels, and blouses, he was a puzzy magnet.
We never knew for sure that Prince was gay, but people assumed. The reality was different.