Official Watchmen Thread

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
That was a dope episode. Like other people I am tired of the two for one minority checklist , but fukk it the episode was dope over all. I never gave a single thought about hooded justice as a character. One thing about this show is it feels like so much is happening and nothing is happening all at the same time. Can’t believe this season is almost done.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
You just said that it was stuff that guys think is ok under the guise of "men being men".
I think being a father is okay, I think being a husband is okay, I think being being a strong Black man is okay, I think being a provider is okay. I think being heterosexual is okay. I also think being homosexual is okay. What's toxic about any of that? I'm not trolling, I've asked this question to several people over the years and none of them have been able to give me a straight answer (no pun intended).
I'm simply and respectfully asking for clarity.

@Kaedus, we're not going to derail this thread, Breh. I promise. We're just having a gentleman's discussion.
The key phrase in that statement is "under the guise of guys being guys."

For instance shyt like making crude comments objectifying women in public. If somebody were to point out why that's wrong, the default excuse used to be "well that's just men being men." That is toxic masculinity. This conversation we're having about a man being gay being emasculating because "real men aren't gay" is toxic masculinity. Being a father, a husband, a strong black man...that's not toxic masculinity....that's just being a father, a husband, a strong black man.

Trust me there's toxic femininity also...society just haven't gotten around to calling it out because toxic masculinity is viewed as (and may or may not be) worse

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

ARENT YOU A CAC?

WHY ARE YOU IN HERE TELLING BLACK MEN
HOW THEY SHOULD FEEL ABOUT THIS CHARACTER?

AS A MATTER OF FACT
YOU HAD ONE SINGLE POST IN THIS THREAD
ON OCTOBER 20TH AND HAVENT
BEEN IN HERE SINCE...

YOU SAW THE GAY BLACK MAN
AND RAN IN HERE TO TROLL.
:devil:
:evil:

Yes, I'm white. I have told no one how to feel about anything.

I merely pointed out that "toxic masculinity" doesn't mean all masculinity is toxic.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yes, I'm white. I have told no one how to feel about anything.

I merely pointed out that "toxic masculinity" doesn't mean all masculinity is toxic.

BLACK POSTER CALLS HJ A SELLOUT...

YOU JUMP IN HIS ALERTS SAYING
YOU DONT THINK HES A SELL OUT.

AS A WHITE MAN...
WHY DO YOU THINK ITS APPROPRIATE
TO TELL BLACK MEN HOW TO FEEL
ON THIS ISSUE?
:devil:
:evil:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That was a dope episode. Like other people I am tired of the two for one minority checklist , but fukk it the episode was dope over all. I never gave a single thought about hooded justice as a character. One thing about this show is it feels like so much is happening and nothing is happening all at the same time. Can’t believe this season is almost done.
This really. I was absolutely baffled at the preview saying 'the final three episodes'. How the fukk are they going to wrap everything up when it seems like half the subplots haven't even left act 1?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
The same.
From the comic I kind of assumed he was a racist klansmen
It might explain the beef between Lindelof and Moore on the creation of the show despite Lindelof trying repeatedly to get Moore on board. Lindelof trying to show Moore that he isn't tainting his creation, and Moore chafing at the fact that Hooded Justice has been changed to a black man.